Source for Rhino and Zippy 4s lipos

Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Source for Rhino and Zippy 4s lipos

Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 AM
MarkGrabowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for Rhino and Zippy 4s lipos

I need to get my behind in gear and get some lipos ordered...
I'm going 4s x 2 and need capacity in the 4500-5000 range.
Where can I order from without getting jerked around and not need to worry about poor vendor support?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Source for Rhino and Zippy 4s lipos

Mark,

I would also look at some of the more expensive packs, such as Flight Power. Yes, they are more expensive, but they can safely handle higher charge rates and they will last. If you have a crash and damage them, they replace them for 50%. I have been flying some of the 5S Flight Power packs and they are excellent quality and seem to be very efficient,

Arch
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 AM
desertrider49
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: MarkGrabowski

Where can I order from without getting jerked around and not need to worry about poor vendor support?
Try hobbypartz.com . They don't have the rhino's or zippy's but they are here in California.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:18 AM
VerneK

Mark,
There seems to be a direct correlation between vendor support and price. ThunderPower and FlightPower have excellent support and products and are on the high end of the price range. Both have great power. FlightPower used to have light packs in the 5000 mah range but the current offerings are a bit heavy. Hopefully, that will change in the future. ThunderPower's packs are both powerful and light in the 20C versions. The warranty support on both Flight Power and Thunder Power is second to none - you get what you pay for.

F3A Unlimited packs make great power and are light weight at a lower cost than both TP and FP. The support is great but within clearly defined limits which are posted on their site.

Hobby King offers FlightMax (Zippy) and Rhino packs at a considerable cost savings compared to TP, FP, and F3A-U, but the support is limited at best and return shipping costs make the process prohibitive. However, users are reporting generally great results. At the low price of these units, it's pretty much not worth it to send them back if there's a problem. They are also occasionally in short supply and it can take anywhere from a two weeks to a month for them to be shipped from China when they're in stock. Some of these are currently available in a U.S. warehouse which I personally haven't had any experience with yet. Hobby King also has their Turnigy brand. I've read mixed reviews and have noted that their posted specs show them to be on the heavy side. One other thing about HobbyKing. They show a shipping weight and an actual weight. When you click on the "details" button, you get the actual weight but my experience is that it's not accurate. For example, the current Flightmax 5000mah, 5S, 20C batteries show an actual weight of 640g. The three pairs I got for this season were actually all around 600g.

The packs I've mentioned above are the ones I've either used personally or have seen around the D4/D5 arena. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them. Just be aware of the weight, cost, and support that goes with each of them. They're directly related.

Hope this helps,
Verne Koester

Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 AM
VerneK

Hi Mark,
I jusr re-read your post and realized you were looking for 4S packs. Everything I said in my first response should hold true for what you want except that f3A-Unlimited only sells a 5S pack.

Good Luck!

Verne Koester