Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Time to fly a Sequence. Do you record it? Intermediate?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Time to fly a Sequence. Do you record it? Intermediate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to fly a Sequence. Do you record it? Intermediate?

First I want to offer a hearty "Thank-you" to all the folks that had a hand in developing the new Intermediate Sequence, I love it! Nice rhythm and a lot of fun to look at.

Now for the question of the day. Once again I am certain that those of you who have been around a while have asked and answered this question over and over, but as part of my continuing pattern education I was wondering today about timing my sequence and whether or not it is meaningful. First I noticed that my buddy, C. Moon, has his 12X timer set so that it goes off almost to the second every time he is landing after completing a Master's Sequence. So today I started timing my own Intermediate Sequence and found I was very consistent at 5:35 mins. Does anybody else time their sequence? Can you say anything about whether or not you are flying too fast or too slow based on the time? Today was super windy, and I found myself hitting close to full throttle a lot while going downwind. Would that affect my time? Is there some way to have an "optimum time" to judge your speed on? Anyways, just curious what others have to say regarding time and their sequence.

Thanks as always to anyone that takes the time to read and answer,

Joe
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Hauling-A
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Time to fly a Sequence. Do you record it? Intermediate?

When I fly the new Intermediate Sequence with my Osiris 62, I have the timer set for 5 min on my Airtronics SD-10G, I can complete the Sequence and make one knife edge pass across the field, land and taxi back to the pit and then my timer goes off. If the wind is fairly strong, I can still complete the Sequence, but don't have enough time for any more aerobatics. The timer will be going off when I start my landing approach.
I fly a fairly tight pattern, and I like the way the new Intermediate Sequence flows, and It's fairly easy to keep every thing in the box. I estimate that my Osiris is flying at about 70mph. I may change the prop and go to a larger diameter with less pitch and see if I like the way the Osiris flys the Sequence with less speed. It should also give me more down line braking.

J

Old 05-29-2011, 03:17 PM
svrcp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Time to fly a Sequence. Do you record it? Intermediate?

JP I have my timer set and it's so tht when I'm out particing I kwon when to land. As for Chris I'm sure it's for the same reason knowing when to land with some power left on the battery. I'm doing our flight in ablout 5.5 to 6 min. Remember with don't a time limit on our flight's but FAI does I believe it's 8 min.

Jr