ORIGINAL: Dave Harmon
I tried to remove the blemish from the clearcoat caused by the shipping bag....I tried Windex....almost everything I could think of other than clearcoat rubbing compound.
Then I tried methanol....this really works.
Get a paper towel sloppy wet and start rubbing the area....then before it dries wipe with a soft paper towel...I like VIVA because it actually absorbs instead of just pushing around whatever you are wiping.
I have a large stock from soaking up oil....kaff...
Anyway.....the blemishes go away and stay gone.
I didnt bother to do the white areas because they dont show the marks...the colored areas clean up nicely and seem to shine more too.
I'm using an Advance motor so I cut a piece of FR4 for the front mount and the rear mounting tabs.
I used Hysol to hold it all together.
I used Hysol once before on a Partner and it worked very well.....this stuff won't pop off like hobby epoxies.
I dorked my E-Valiant and the firewall came out of the nose clean.....the epoxy just popped off the side of the fuse even after I had sanded it and cleaned with acetone before gluing.
I had used a very popular 30 minuite epoxy sold in hobby shops.
Anyway.....I'm using Hysol from here on in.
If anyone needs the details on where to get this stuff at an affordable price....shoot me a PM.
I ground out the hatch latch......and installed a "Best" latch.
Usually F3A/U has these but is out of stock now.....I got a couple last week from Atlanta Hobby.
This works slick....got one on the Gaudius too.
If anyone wants an undamaged set of Valiant wings, stabs, rudder, gear, canopy and pants....lemme know.....I have everything except the fuse.....arrrgh