Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Nuance

Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 AM
pippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nuance

Hi tony, I notice you installed your SGG's approx half way on the stab. Is it critical where they are positioned? Is there science involved in working out their position for best performance? Are they parallel to centre line?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 AM
jayjayneri

Hi Tony. I would really appreciate a copy of your PDF too. Thanks.

Jayjay
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Hi Paul,

I don't know if it makes a difference where on the stab they are positioned. I've just been putting them halfway out. They are parallel to the centerline. I'm not a big fan of adding drag for stability. I would rather do it with increased area.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 AM
TonyF

Here's the Nuance SFG I used.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Xv65657.pdf (397.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM
jayjayneri

Thanks Tony!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
pepenk

Dear all,

After reading all the post in this subject, I ordered 2 Nuance for myself.
1 standard wing and 1 DTSW wing. I have received the kit last week and start building it.

I will need Falcon carbon props and Marquet carbon spinner and have email to sales@f3aunlimited to order it.
However, after 2 email sent on 8 Oct and 12 Oct, I have not received any replay from them.

Can somebody advise how to order from F3A Unlimited and do they received international mail order.

Thanks and regards,
Ferri Iriandi
INA0083
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
wagen017

Hi Ferry, I ordered in the past from F3A unlimited and this worked well. Instead of sending mails you might consider to order via the webshop, usually this works better.

Volkert
Old 10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris works full time and can be slow to respond. He does have some help now though, but the webstore still works best.

Arch
Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 PM
pepenk

Thanks Volkert and Arch,

I have place my order through the Webstore today and seems to be work properly.
Now I just have to wait until the props and spinners come.

Anyone here have an experience to fly the Nuance with the new DTSW wing?
How it compare with the standard wing?

Thanks and regards,
Ferri Iriandi
INA0083
Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Hi Ferri,

Yes, the web store works best as it ships quickly that way. As Archie mentioned, Chris works fulltime also. As for the DTFS wings, I am still a long way from having my new Nuance done, but hope to maiden it Friday late, or Saturday morning before the contest here locally. I will know more then and will have a full report soon on what I feel the difference is over the regular wing. Hopefully it's a bit faster of a positive snap. I love the negative snap, but the positive did need a bit faster snap IMO.

I did get wing adjusters with my new one (2). I haven't installed them, or any others yet, but probably will eventually. I may not have the time before the contest as I'll be lucky to even get it done. Also, on mine with the DTFS wings, my stab tips are also cut on an angle.. Just an FYI. Not sure what if anything it does yet.

Chris
Old 10-18-2012, 12:55 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: pepenk

Dear all,

After reading all the post in this subject, I ordered 2 Nuance for myself.
1 standard wing and 1 DTSW wing. I have received the kit last week and start building it.

I will need Falcon carbon props and Marquet carbon spinner and have email to sales@f3aunlimited to order it.
However, after 2 email sent on 8 Oct and 12 Oct, I have not received any replay from them.

Can somebody advise how to order from F3A Unlimited and do they received international mail order.

Thanks and regards,
Ferri Iriandi
INA0083

Ferri or anyone. My wife Anna mans the 1 800 number and you can call her during regular business hours. I'm available too. We have takin over the day to day operation from Chris Moon. It's our intention to answer calls and emails promptly. PMme if you need something and I'll give you my personal phone #.
Yes we ship all over the world. A significant portion of out business is international. We have a large inventory and we strive to have cutting edge top notch products to serve the F3A fliers. Thanks, Mike Mueller
F3AUnlimited
Personal email: [email protected]
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
serious power

Hi Mike,
Is Chris still involved - in the background or what ??

Brian
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Hi Brian, running all of the show was keeping me from staying ahead of orders and inventory as well as all of the behind the scene stuff that goes on. After my car accident early this year, things really got behind as I was not able to do much of anything for a while. Mike and Anna are really keeping things running great now and I am doing the behind the scenes stuff and ordering, bringing in new products and also developing new products for the business. F3A Unlimited has turned into much much more than I ever envisioned when I opened in 2009. So with this setup we can really handle a lot more and are able to provide better service while leaving time for new product development and strategic planning. Lots of exciting new stuff ahead.

Chris
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 PM
serious power

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the heads up.
Hope it works out well for you Mike and Anna.
Will be in touch soon.

Brian
Old 10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
snowman44
My Feedback: (5)

Just my 2 cents, but I used the 800 # to place my orders recently, Anna is super nice and very helpful over the phone, I had a couple of questions she wasn't sure about so she had Mike give me a call back the same day. Mike pointed me in the right direction andtheygotmy order shipped super quick.

Can't get any better than that,

Russell
Old 10-19-2012, 05:50 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: snowman44

Just my 2 cents, but I used the 800 # to place my orders recently, Anna is super nice and very helpful over the phone, I had a couple of questions she wasn't sure about so she had Mike give me a call back the same day. Mike pointed me in the right direction andtheygotmy order shipped super quick.

Can't get any better than that,

Russell
Thanks Russell that made Anna's day. Mike
Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 AM
patternflyer1

A big thanks to you, Chris and Anna from me also Mike.. Got my package "next day".. I was able to basically finish most of my Nuance late last night. Still a few things to do to it this morning and do the setup with my new radio. Hope I can test fly it today so I can fly the contest tomorrow. Going to triple check everything though.

This Nuance with the DTFS wings and stabs weighs 4595.. Simply amazing..

Chris
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 AM
patternflyer1

So I personally really liked the new wings and stabs. I was able to fly the contest. I got 2 flights on Friday, 9 flights on Saturday, and 3 flights on Sunday. I think everyone who saw it fly will agree that it snaps lightning fast. And I had toned down the ailerons 3 times. I didn't personally notice any weird things yet. It flew really well besides needing a bit of aileron trim, and it needs more right thrust. Probably wouldn't hurt to cg it because I haven't done that yet. It needed a small down line mix (2 Percent) and it may need a small amount of aileron to left rudder in knife. That may change when I put the wing adjusters in to remove the aileron trim and also adjust the cg/incidence.

One thing Steve Hannah noticed is that the stabs on mine may be a bit thicker than his. More so like the Episode. Plus they have cut tips.

After watching Tony fly his Nuance I am very impressed with the contra setup. I can see where there could be an advantage to using it. He looked really good in the air and is flying better than I have seen in years. If I had the money, I would probably get a neu/ contra setup and put it in this plane.

Chris
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 AM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Chris,

Great job with so little time on that new setup!

I really liked the snaps, no heading loss and the plane showed a very clear pitch departure. It had a nice downline pace as well. I can't wait to try mine out on my Nuance with original stabs.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
PeterP

Hi Tony

i have noticed you have no flare on the rudder trailing edge ( appears so) therefore can i assume that adding the SFG to the tail plane accompiishes the same effect of increasing yaw stability.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 PM
TonyF

Hi Peter,

That is correct. I don't like the idea of drag for stability. I would rather increase the lateral stability with area and the SFG's provide that. They are very effective as they are always running in clean air.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
PeterP

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info. I was looking for an alternative to adding the rudder flare. For models with anhederal tailplanes should the SFG's be parellel with the vertical fin or are they perpendicular to the tailplane?

Regards,

Peter
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
TonyF

I don't think it matters much but I mounted mine perpendicular to each stab half.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 AM
bdawg50

Lost my Vanquish in a midair at an event last week end and thinking of the Nuance as next project. The Hacker A-60 I had came out unscathed in the incident and would like to use it on this plane.

Has anyone used an outrunner like the A-60 on the Nuance?

Allan
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 AM
AmericanSpectre505

I was thinking about it,.... I am running one in my BM VF3 and it flies it really well throught the FAI/F3A schedule. You would obviously have to put a different firewall in it other than a nose mounted one, possible I would think?

Bill H.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.