rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Prolog

Wanted to start a new thread as i just received my Prolog. The plane is definately gorgeous. The paint is of excellent quailty and no seems can be seen, which is really cool. This company BJ craft has some of the tightest controls i have ever seen. I was just looking at the Nuance thread and noticed that the weights i took tonight with the Prolog were almost identical to the Nuance except for the Fuz. The Nuance is obviously a bigger fuz hence the weight difference.

weights below:

Fuz with canopy, 1056 grams
Wings 329 grams, 330 grams, very similar in weight to the Nuance that Steve finished.
Stabs 70 grams each.

Will get to the other weights once i actually start building. the Fuz is very stiff, and i think this plane will come out in the 4500 - 4600 weight, which would be the lightest e pattern plane that i have ever flown.

A pic is a attached, my dog wanted to get in the pic as well

Will be ordering the stuff for it this week, in hopes to start working on it next week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84312.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1712856  
Old 01-12-2012, 06:01 AM
jetmech43

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Prolog

nice paint looks metal flake
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 AM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not metal flake it's just the camera, but the paint job has to be seen to be believed. Very comparable to Oxai
Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
rchotdoger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This will be fun to see, what motor are you planning to use?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Using the himax 6330
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Haram

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi. Robert
it is Cannard landing Gear for Prolog model.
see photo image below;

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pn35733.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1713664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24050.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1713665  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 AM
cymaz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Where can I get one, preferably UK please
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 AM
papaone

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello

Bondaero is dealer for Europe
http://www.bondaero.co.uk/storepage1085149.aspx
http://www.bondaero.co.uk/
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 AM
cymaz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Merci
Old 01-28-2012, 01:46 PM
cweimer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Robert, Its good to see you are still buying airplanes. It looks like you got a good one.

Claude
Old 01-28-2012, 03:40 PM
FLYERSG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Claude: Are you still flying R/C? Still have my Partner and Beryll....am working on a Mystic for this season with a Plettenberg Advance 30-10 for power.

Mike
Old 01-28-2012, 04:18 PM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Claude, still flying and very excited about this one. It's going to be the lightest plane
I have ever flown, it will come in at 4500 grams. Haram I did receive the gear it looks fantastic. Looking forward to flying it in the spring
Old 01-29-2012, 10:32 AM
dakoris73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Robert;

This is looking like its gonna be an awesome plane to fly, and looking forward to seeing this fly at the field soon.......

Mikey
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I wanted to add a quick update about the Prolog. It is finally finished and ready to go and i will be taking it out tomorrow afternoon. Weather is looking really nice so it should be a non event. I made a few changes on mine from the stock set up. The stock set up used blind nut in the wing and i believe three or 4 mm bolts to hold the wing on. I decided to use plastic 1/4 20 bolts, glued in the wing and wing nut to secure it in the fuz. I also made a cut out in the rear to support the rudder servo, thought this way was a little easier than the other method proposed in the instructions; other than that everything else uses the stock set up. The plane weighs 4512 grams with a Himax 210 and Rhino batts, so if you wanted to make it lighter you certainly could.

I just bought 8 new 5S Rhino batts from Hobby King. and could not believe the weight. Each weighed less than 608 grams. I did a few tricks that i was showed by Joe Dunnaway and Bill Ahrens to get the weight down, and now these packs weigh the same and in some cases lighter than my TP 5000 25C packs. Not sure what they are doing to get the weight down, but the new packs are significantly lighter than packs in the past; no, i am not sponsored by Hobby King, but though i would let you all know, as I am a big fan of the Rhino packs. I bought 4 packs in late 2009, and they are still going strong!!

Pics are below of the finished model, and it also shows how i can kill the power to the motor from outside the plane. I was showed this installation by Rusty Dose back in 2008, and since then every electric plane that i have worked on has this external arming and disarming switch.

Will give an update once i fly her tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ay74361.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	1738473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91135.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	1738474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67735.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	1738475  
Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 AM
tschmidt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looks GREAT Robert! Good luck with the maiden...

Todd
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Todd. Can't wait to fly the mystic as well!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 AM
desertrider49

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello,
I went to the F3Aunlimited website to compare the Prolog to the Nuance, and the dimensions seem to be the same. If there is a better site for compaison, please let me know. So, I am wondering why the Prolog is $200 cheaper ?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
shannah

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Randy,

You can go here for more info:
http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?pcno=18

Download the 2012 catalog and also make sure you download the Prolog Designer's report. It is very informative.

As for the price difference, I don't know why it is cheaper, but that's a good thing! I flew it briefly when I visited and I thought it flew great.

Steve
Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 AM
desertrider49

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just as a fluke I typed in bjcraft and a website opened with a picture essay of the Steve Hannah visit to the factory.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

desertrider; the Prolog is a little cheaper becuase it's design is based on the previous airplane called the Monolog so they were able to save most of the development cost, with the Prolog. The Prolog is also a little smaller than the Nuance, and the canopy is a little further back. I have heard the Nuance flies very well, i have yet to see one fly, but hear good things from those who have one.

I flew my Prolog today, and was very impressed by the airplane. The rolls were very axial, and knife edge needed no mixing on either side, it did need some elevator to throttle mix for down lines but most airplanes need this. the plane snap and finishes as soon as you let off the stick, leaving a nice clean line after the maneuver, there are only a few planes that I have flown with the ability to do this. Todd Schmidt's Mystic, and my Spark Evo, the other planes that i have flown needed some opposite rudder at the end of the snap to keep the line.

The plane also held a very good 45 degree upline without much input which leads me to believe that i had the balance just right, spins were also very predictable and stopped as soon as you let go of the stick.

Something else that surprised me was the speed of the airplane, i was running a Himax 210, with a 20.4x14.5 prop, and i was amazed how slow the airplane flew. The wing has a thick leading edge and I believe this help with the slow flight characteristics of the airplane, just looking at it i thought I thought it would fly faster than my Evo, but that was not the case, my opinion the plane definitely flew slower than my Spark, i am now wondering if i can get a set of the wings that are on the Prolog and put them on my Spark. May be a project for later in the year.

All in all i was very happy with the airplane, and will have it throughout the summer, so if i am at a contest and you guys would like to fly it to, i will turn the sticks over, and you can be the judge!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM
tggilkey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Robert -

Good job! What did you do to the batteries to put them on a diet? I just got some Rhinos and should do the same to them.

I plan to use a similar method for the external disconnect. Where did you get the grommets?

Hope to run into you on the contest trail this summer.

Tom
Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Rudy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Go to a auto parts store for through wall gromets

single hander
Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Tom, there is the positive red wire that runs all the way toward the top of the pack. What i did was put a small hole toward the rear of the pack and pulled the red wire all the way out, the cut it to the length i need to make the 10 cell pack work.

Now in order for you to make this set up work one of the batteries needs to be turned the other direction, so you will have the balance connectors at opposing ends of the pack. Let me know if you want pics
Old 03-16-2012, 06:27 AM
tggilkey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, Rudy.

Thanks, Robert. A followup question - Is the red wire you're pulling and cutting the one that would connect to the black wire of the other pack to put the two packs in series? That is a good idea it will leave several inches of un-necesssary wire on the ground. I'm guessing the different lengths of wire and locations of balance connnectors can be accomodated in the plane setup and the charging set up as well.

Your external connection do you prefer the more vertical orientation of the wires as compared to a more horizontal arrangement? You probably could count the number of times I have even touched wires of that function on one hand. I know I have disconnected them for a few people when calling for them but have never connected them hot. I would guess that the orientation could make a difference in how easy it is to work with. Comments?

Thanks, Tom
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
rgreen24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Tom, that is correct, on,the first part of your question. One you pull out the wire cut it to the length you need to match the negative coming from the other pack, pretty simple to do and save a lot 12 - 20 grams per pack.

Concerning the orientation of the arming plug, not sure if it matters, Rust Dose, I beleive had his orientation that way so I just followed suit, figure if it ain't broke

Search this Thread