Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Why is it harder to fly F3A with wind blowing towards You?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Why is it harder to fly F3A with wind blowing towards You?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 12:26 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is it harder to fly F3A with wind blowing towards You?

Hi,
Personally I strugle more with flying F3A if wind is blowing towards me. Much harder to stay on the line out there then if wind is blowing from me.
Anyone else that struggle with his "problem"?

I know (and try) to push out the model with some ruddder here and there but many times suddenly it feels (and it is) the plane is to close to me.
Good wind compensation during the whole flight is of course the goal so one stay on track.
It should not be any more difficult to fly when wind is blowing towards You then from You I think, but obviosly this is not true for me.

/Bo
Old 08-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your tolerance for error is much less in a blow in. It doesn't take long for most pilots to start getting uncomfortable and rushed and then running maneuvers out of the box. When it is blowing out the box gets bigger.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:55 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Anthony,
Yes what You write is true. Maybe one should try to fly just slightly more out when wind blows towards You, so You get slightly more space to work on, maybe stay on 160-170 meter (as to avoid the rule "Manoeuvres performed on a line greater than approximately 175m in front of the pilot must be downgraded by at least 1 Point").

/Bo