Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Pheonix ICE 80-HV Firmware help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:44 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pheonix ICE 80-HV Firmware help.

Hey guys,

I just installed my Ice 80 HV and I was able to download my log data once. I ran an update that the software flashed; "A new update is available," so I did the update. Since then I cannot access my log data?? It continuously tells me "Error,.Failed to parse data log"

I have spoken with Tech. Support 3 times,..same guy,..same day. He told me to revert the software/firmware back to 3.00, download the change to the controller and then clear the log. Then duplicate the same steps, but roll the firmware forward back to 4.01 beta, download the changes to the controller and clear the log. I have done this several times. NO Worky,..Worky,.....

I can communicate/link to the controller just fine and send changes to the controller,..Any ideas as to what I can try next? I am using my flight packs as power to the Controller (10s-5000). I know the TECH. notes in the software says to connect more than 12volts to engage the controller when linked to the PC.

If anyone has run into this problem,..please share the resolution.

Thanks,

bholsten
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pheonix ICE 80-HV Firmware help.

I would try a known good version of firmware like 3.20 for our use. When new firmware comes out do not update it unless it addresses a known issue or you are having problems. The Firmware is written for helicopters and jets too so the new firmware might only have some feature that will benefit a heli and could reduce performance to the airplane user. They have to write firmware that fits all users but might not be the "best" for F3A so when we find ones that are stable and work well, stay with it unless necessary.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Jetdesign

A few questions:
1) can you clarify what you changed - software is on your computer, firmware is the programming in the ESC. Did you update both, or just the firmware?
2) what device are you using between the computer and the ESC? Castlelink, quick connect, or field link?

I had some issues when I updated the firmware in the ESC but didn't change the field link and subsequently lost some functionality.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
AmericanSpectre505

I got it work finially.

Chris; I am running the 4.01Beta firmware and I have no idea what works best thus far.

Joe; I am using the castle Link from the PC to the CC 80 HV.

This what I did: I went over my notes from Tech. Support again. I switched from "several" firmware versions loaded them and ran the motor,..NO log data and same error. I defaulted the control settings, cleared the log, plugged up everything and ran the motor. again, not log data and same error. I then change the default program back to the program settings posted on RCU that Chis sent me the link to. I loaded that change to the CC80 HV, plugged everything back in and ran the motor at idle for a moment. I had log data this time, so I proceeded to do this three more time to make sure it was not a fluke. All seems good IN CC land.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Anyone interested I will post some data on the Hacker A60-7S-V2 on the current blog.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Jetdesign

Thanks to Chris for posting the ESC info that actually works and pertains to us!!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:33 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Roger That!!!!

bholsten
Old 10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Stephanos

Hi from Greece!

It happens to have a castle phoenix 85 hv in a Sebart Wind 110s along with a Hacker motor A50-16l. No matter how i try, according to c.c directions from the site and from the freq. asked questions link, i still can not establish a link among the esc, the field link card and the computer in order to program the esc (brake)

I have windows 7 home premium - firefox and e.e 9 and no matter what i tried, casle link will not work!

The interface can not <<see>> neither the usb-field link, neither the device-esc.

Thanks in advance,

Stefanos.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beta version is for helicopters you need to used 3.27 or 3.28 version
Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Stephanos

Thanks for your reply but my problem is that i just can not establish a link among the esc, the flield link and the computer and i think that the castle link does not operate in windows 7.

I donloaded castle link but the connection status of the device and the link is red.

Thank you anyway!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM
wingster
My Feedback: (26)

Stephanos

Are you connecting the motor battery to the HV80? If not it won't link.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Stephanos

Hi and thanks for the reply!

Yes i do.

The thing is:

Instead of castle link usb product, i use a normal usb cable with the field link in the middle between esc and the usb cable but still nothing happens.
I have windows 7 and i have followed the instructions sited in faq:castle link but still although the programm is executed i can not see a green light neither for the device nor for the usb link (red lights) and the software tells me that the device is not the proper one or the link is not established.
The esc (phoenix hn 85) is in perfect condition and it works perfectly but i must programm it for the nationals f3a finals (brake settings).
I always connect the throttle lead WITH the red wire connected.
I use 8 cell lipos, fully charged.
I think that the problem lies in windows 7 or the compatibility of the usb field link.
Every time i try to execute the castle link software, windows asks me if i want to allow the programm to make changes in the computer, and i always answer <<yes>>, the software appears in the screen, i connect properly the field link-usb with the esc, but the software can not <<see>> the link or the esc.

Thanks again, any help will be appreciated,

Friendly regards,

Stefanos.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 AM
NeilRivera

I am currently running the Castle Link USB on Windows Seven and have no issues with it. Your problem might be the field link itself. Try if you can the Castle Link with the usb cable ...
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Stephanos

So, Mr Clint Atkins, a very helpfull friend from castle communicated with me via e-mail and solved my issue.

I must also say that the sofware was run through windows xp. ( in widows 7 can not run).

If anyone from his experience with phoenix hv85 - hacker A50-16l - apc 18x10 can help me with settting up a sufficient brake without hearing the <<guitar noise>> every time i raise throttle from brake, i would be very greatfull.

Thanks again!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Jetdesign

Stephanos, if you set your motor up with a slow idle, you will actually get some braking. And since you are not stopping the prop, you won't get that noise. It took a few flights but I got used to flying the plane this way, and came to prefer it - fuel powered planes always have the prop spinning, and the airplanes like to have the constant air blowing over the controls. I find that the plane comes out of rolls and loops with more authority.

That being said, keep the brake under 30% if you want to use it. Experiment with settings between 15% and 30% and see what works.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Stephanos

Thanks!