Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New LiPo Vendor - DINOGY

Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New LiPo Vendor - DINOGY

It is nice to have options that not from the Chinese mass-distribution centers. I will keep my eye on these packs. Right now I am focused on the packs from F3AUnlimited as I know a little bit of history on them, and they are also supported somewhat locally.

Longevity is key. Saying that they out-perform the Sky Lipos does not mean much to me until I know they are doing it again for a second year or more.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Silent-AV8R

Longevity is key. Saying that they out-perform the Sky Lipos does not mean much to me until I know they are doing it again for a second year or more.
I mentioned the SkyLipos since they seem to be popular in this neck of the woods. But I agree, they set a rather low bar. Honestly the better comparison is to TP. Take a look at his website to see some good info:

http://www.dinogylipos.com/index.php...formance-chart

http://www.dinogylipos.com/index.php...ate-comparison

I'm very optimistic about these packs because I know Mark and value his opinion. I also know that they are very popular in the fast electric boat world (the 65C packs) and trust me, if those guys like them, then that is saying something. Think about dumping 5,000 mAh of capacity in less than 90 seconds then recharging fast to do it again multiple times in a day. If they can deliver the kind of performance and longevity that the boat guys are seeing, then that is saying something.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. I would like to give a little history of me and my company. I have been into racing some form of rc for over 20 years. That includes boats, pylon planes and rc cars. I was sponsored by Thunderpower for almost 5 years. I started this busines almost 1 year ago when I found what I think is the best battery on the market. I buy my batteries directly from the factory that makes them. They have engineers working for them that use to work for the companys that made thunderpower, hyperian and turnigy batteries. This is were the edge comes from with these packs. These packs are not rebranded anything and are the best packs I have ever tested. I give a 6 month warranty against factory defects, low voltage cell or a puffed cell. If you have a problem I take care of it myself usually with a new battery. Thanks to everyone for your orders and I really do apreciate the comments.

Mark
Old 03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Hi Mark,

Do you (or anyone else here) take trips to the factory to see these things made? Are there some key things that you look for when doing so - things that set apart a quality battery from an 'eco' battery? I would love to hear a little about it - not looking for 'trade secrets' or anything, just curious about quality manufacturing of lithium batteries.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-20-2013, 04:56 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Joe,

Sorry to take so long to answer your questings. How lipos are made is essentially the same. The big difference between the factories that make lipos is the quality of the product that goes into the battery. There are many grades of the products that make up the lipo. Local ingrediants in China are not as good and are less expensive. This is were the cheap packs come from. The good stuff has to be imported in and thats what makes a battery more expensive.
My packs are made of the best materials available so to give more cycles, higher voltage under load and cooler temps at the end of your flight. My packs are different from other packs and are not rebranded from a different name. Tha factory employs almost 1000 workers and is one of the largest renuable energy plants in China. They also employ engineers who used to work for the factories that made Thunderpower, Hyperian and Turnigy. Not only do they know what they did right but more importantly they know what they did wrong. I belive this is why the dinogy brand of batteries have the edge over the other brands.
There are close to 40 factories that make lipos and of that 40 about a dozen of them make lipos for the rc market. The days of everything comes from three main factories is just not the case anymore.

Mark