Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Realflight Pattern Practice Field - give it a try.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Realflight Pattern Practice Field - give it a try.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 AM
tele1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight Pattern Practice Field - give it a try.

Do you have Realflight? I have been attempting to design a usable practice field. Its a work in progress.

I have been working on this field as I learn more about Realfight field editor. Their are box end poles, center pole, level line, and 30 degree lines for orientation/ timing due to limited peripheral vision.

I completely understand the limitations regarding using a simulator to practice pattern. So no need to comment on that. I have spent alot time learning placement of objects in the field. Tell me what you think.

[link=http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=18190]Realflight Swap Page File[/link]

Bashers - disregard.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Realflight Pattern Practice Field - give it a try.

cool
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 AM
kingconsulting

Thanks for making that. Just tried it and works good. Ihave limited experience with pattern but think it will help me with practice.

Robert
Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 AM
tele1974

Hey thanks.

Cdodom did you try it?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 AM
MachLoop
My Feedback: (3)

Nice work! Checked it out just for a few minutes and will try it again later when I have more time. But from what I've seen, this can be very helpful.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
dksnyder

I'd like to try your Real Flite practice field, but when I try to download I get a message that says it doesn't know how to open a .RFX file
Can you help me trying to install your file?
Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

Very Kewl practice field... The only thing I can think of is to make the boundry lines a different color than the 30 degreelines. It gets difficult to know when you approach center and boundry lines with them all being the same color.

Larry Diamond
Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is so cool, I can appreciate the work you've put into so far. Great work.

Frank
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 PM
tele1974

I believe the lines (airport objects) would have to put into Autodesk and recolored. Great idea but beyond my capabilities.

Are you talking about the 60 degree versus the 30 degree lines? I just have the 30's their so I could work on the timing coming back to center otherwise I would have to guess when to pull into center maneuvers like the full cuban 8 at show center in the intermediate sequence.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM
DRC1

I would say don't mess with it then... We can get used to it and it looks like a much better sim field to practice pattern than just a regular field...Great Job though...LD
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Portlandflyer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW, for those not aware, the buildings you see in the distance are the world-class Evergreen air museum. The larger building is the one that houses the famous Spruce Goose. If you make it to Oregon, it’s a must see. Besides that, they are building a new RC field.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

This is very nice. I suggest to make the center and the end of poles a lot longer. I think will help to keep track of tall manuevers.

Thanks,
Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 AM
tele1974

K thanks vbortone. You must fly huge.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 AM
plaurence

Can someone tell me where I can download a pattern plane for 6.5?
thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 05:43 AM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

You can download an pattern plane from the same site that is posted in the first post. Once you get there type n F3A planes, and you should see a lot of them to choose from.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 AM
vbortone

Correct. I fly Masters. Thank you again for doing this for us. I consider your work very useful for us.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
vbortone

I would like to know how to increase the downline speed. Have someone figure this out? The simulation downline speed is too slow compared with real situation. I think this is very common issue with all simulations.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM
MachLoop

ORIGINAL: vbortone

I would like to know how to increase the downline speed. Have someone figure this out? The simulation downline speed is too slow compared with real situation. I think this is very common issue with all simulations.

Check the NSRCAemail discussion list. There was adiscussion about modifications to get more accurate flight dynamics. It included moving the CoG and/or increasing weight. I'm usingthe Spark Evo and therecommended adjustmentsworked really well.

Checked and here is the start of the thread: http://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/htdig...er/079746.html
Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 AM
highfly3D

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has any one tried Aerofly 5 for pattern flying?? have heard a lot about it & also you can see many videos of this on you tube site.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Portlandflyer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW, I am the guy that posted the Evo settings on the NSRCA email. I have the file with a few new tweaks that I can send to anyone that wants it. That will save you a ton of time doing the modifications yourself. Just drop me an email and I’ll send it to you.

I fly Real Flight a lot and in my opinion the closest plane to real life is the Evo with modifications. It’s not 100%, but pretty darn good. Yes, downline speeds are not at their best. The problem with the original Evo is it being too light. On the modified version I increased the weight close to eleven pounds and is much better. With the modifications, the Evo snaps like crazy (on high rates) and stops on a dime.

You will need to download the “Color Schemes” form the Real Flight” swap pages. The “Black” Evo on the swap pages is the original. The others are “color schemes” or modifications.

With the modified file you will need to go to the “Physics” screen and then go to “Custom”. Click “Unlimited Fuel”. Also to speed up the response, set the “Physics Speed” to around 125%.

And yes, the new Masters (which I fly) needs to be flown very, very big. So here’s one of the major issues with Real Flight. If you try to fly with “Keep Ground In View”, by the time you are at the top of your maneuvers the plane turns into a dot. I fly 100% of the time in “Automatic Zoom” and just forget about trying to center maneuvers, leaving that for the field. My recommendation for the new field would be to increase the end and center poles as high as you can get them. That way, you will be able to see the poles when you are at the top of the box.

Here is an example. Take the figure Z in the new Masters. When you fly across center you are at the top of the box and can’t see the center pole if you are flying in “Auto Zoom”. if you are flying in “Keep Ground In View”, the plane is going to be a black dot.

Also, I would move the 30 degree lines (if possible) to be up off the ground so they intersect the white horizontal reference line you have drawn. Or leave the lines on the ground and put a second set intersecting the horizontal line.

Great work and thanks.

For what it‘s worth. If you take two pilots with equal ability and one fly’s a properly set up simulator religiously; over time, that guy is going to clean the other guys clock.

Pat Harris
District 8

Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
DRC1

ORIGINAL: highfly3D

Has any one tried Aerofly 5 for pattern flying?? have heard a lot about it & also you can see many videos of this on you tube site.
I hate when people do this... However, this question is better served starting as it's own thread. It makes it easier to follow and it prevents a thread (this thread) from being hijacked. Unless you're a shill, which is another problem of its own... I don't know you, so I'm just sayin...

Personally, I'm interested only in Real-Flight and could careless about Aerofly 5, but that's just me...

To answer the question, Yep, I believe there are probably many using Aerofly...

LD
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
tele1974

I have both Aerofly and Realfight 6.5. In both cases the models need a lot tweaking to match models that you fly or you will be disappointed. Wrong thread thou.

I will see if I can get the poles extended tonight if I get time. Thank you for your input Portland. Very much appreciated.

Patrick
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
tele1974

You can try reducing the parasitic drag of the main wing and fuse. I have experimented with and it works. I will also increase level flight speed.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM
tele1974

Smooth fret can you repost your link to the airframe on the NSRCA site? It coming up as plain txt.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
MachLoop

ORIGINAL: tele1974
www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
Smooth fret can you repost your link to the airframe on the NSRCA site? It coming up as plain txt.
I just realized you were asking about the link to the airframe model.The link I posted was to the discussion about editing the model to get more realistic performance.

You have to go to the Realflight web site and download from the Swap Shop. Here is the direct link:http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=17584

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.