Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Field Charging

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Hokie Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Field Charging

To add to what Dana said, Lowes, Home Depot, etc sell heavy gauge extensions on a reel and the reel has multiple AC outlets in it's center.  Makes for a slick set up at a reasonable price.

Rob 
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bob,

That generator is more than enough, don't know I'd hook two charges up to it at once and charge two 10S packs. The generator would probably be ok with it. However, the chargers/power supply your using may not like it to much. May cause things like under volt, under Amp, or over volt problems, basically the charging process would be un-stable.

bholsten
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Thanks, Bill - I'm only looking at one pair at a time charging...The power supply I found (on www.aliexpress.com , no less...) is a nice 30 Amp switching output at 13.8 volts....I've run it so far in my tests, and seems like it loads the gen enough to keep it smooth. Would be more convienient if I could hook direct to the DCout, though.

ORIGINAL: BHolsten

Hey Bob,

That generator is more than enough, don't know I'd hook two charges up to it at once and charge two 10S packs. The generator would probably be ok with it. However, the chargers/power supply your using may not like it to much. May cause things like under volt, under Amp, or over volt problems, basically the charging process would be un-stable.

bholsten
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Least expensive way to charge at the field is purchase a large Deep Cycle battery and a good Float  Charger . Put it on charge when U get home from the field and back in the car/Truck when U leave for the field.

Or club built 3 charging stations that are carts with solar panels a regulator and a deep cycle battery that stay at the field all summer and we can run 3 to 4
charges on each of 3 charge carts. These ran about $500 each but are always ready to go.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Flyer88

Turnigy power supply
120v 24 volt 50 amp
$140.00

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...DC_50amp_.html