Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Allure by Bryan Hebert

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 05:09 AM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Jason if I ever make it to Australia I`ll bring my camera!

I`m sure there are pro`s out there that can use a good camera setup ,tripod ECT. and make a much better video.
With all the go -pro setups somebody is bound to hook one up to a helmet or something.

The quality of the video is in the ability to keep the airplane centered and straight in the camera so the airplane can be analyzed, and close enough to see the airplane and the geometry of the maneuver's at the same time.

Bryan

Last edited by flyncajun; 10-31-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:58 AM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to figure out how the golf photographers do it . .
Old 11-01-2014, 01:24 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by klhoard
You need to figure out how the golf photographers do it . .
Very expensive cameras.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:20 PM
flyncajun

I plan on getting a better camera in the future. Better resolution and mic attachments.

It`s amazing that the little sony handycams can do what they do.
And really it`s good enough.

I will be doing some tutorials on airplane setup this winter How to check C.G. accurately, how to measure wing and stab inc. thrust Ect. I will also film
some basic flight vids for the first coupe classes. So there is a chance I will buy one soon

Bryan

Bryan
Old 11-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by flyncajun
I plan on getting a better camera in the future. Better resolution and mic attachments.

It`s amazing that the little sony handycams can do what they do.
And really it`s good enough.

I will be doing some tutorials on airplane setup this winter How to check C.G. accurately, how to measure wing and stab inc. thrust Ect. I will also film
some basic flight vids for the first coupe classes. So there is a chance I will buy one soon

Bryan

Bryan
Hey Bryan,

That sounds like something that you can market... ��

Which Sony camera are you currently using?

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:38 PM
flyncajun

Hi Jason

My camera is a hdd Sony Handicam dcr sr100 it`s pretty good But just a consumer camera.

Brett and I talked about marketing these vids But we want to share most of them on the CKAero website for free. I think there will be room to market other things like supporting tools to do the job. We want to share as much as we can for those guys with a will to learn it, and understand why it`s important. It will go hand in hand with my Triangulation Trimming Guide.

There will be a knowledge build up on my philosophy on setting ,and techniques for trimming. This foundation will be building blocks for success as you work through each class. I want to do flight videos for each class, what one should learn in the class as far as flying skills and setup trimming skills, before they move to the next class. and ultimately how to prepare for the net step in the harder classes.

I may even do some writing for what it takes to design a good Pattern plane.

There is so much to organize and write. it will take some time but we are working slowly through it.
We have a couple good articles written for the site waiting to be finalized and uploaded on snaps, and what is the real job of a pattern caller.

Bryan

Last edited by flyncajun; 11-03-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
flyncajun

I have gotten a lot of inquiries on deliveries to the European Market and have sold a number of models on the first run to that market Due to the cost reduction on the pre orders.

I will announce a distributor for that market shortly. This will help with the VAT tax and shipping cost associated with purchasing this plane from the US Or Thailand. I`m excited about this. Stay tuned I think every one will be pleased.

I`m also working on other distributorships for Asia and that market as well.

Bryan
Old 11-24-2014, 08:51 AM
flyncajun

We have posted a few updates on CKAero
Allure delivery updates and a update on distributorships
http://www.ckaero.net/alluresx.php
http://www.ckaero.net/blog/2014/11/2...or-the-allure/

Also Earl Haury has written a perfect dissection on Snaps Explaining the anatomy an execution for AMA and F3A
http://www.ckaero.net/blog/2014/11/2...f-a-snap-roll/

Bryan
Old 11-25-2014, 09:08 AM
rcflyer4fun

I'd like to see AC do your snap test again....because if he can't snap the wing I don't think anyone can!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:13 AM
flyncajun

Here you go!
AC wanted to take it home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuHEYcXmwSo

Bryan
Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 PM
rcflyer4fun

Snap...snap... A.c. can sure put a plane thru its paces. Obviously its a well built airplane! Nice work Bryan. I kind of figured it be tough to get these planes done by Christmas. I thought early spring was a more realistic deadline. Its why I got in on first run!!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Jason Arnold

Bryan and Brian have posted a video on the CK Aero Facebook page. It seems that the Allure likes to fly on its side a lot.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
flyncajun

For those not on Facebook here is a link to the video I made last weekend. This is performed in gusty, bumpy, 15 mph Northern front winds.

For the nay Sayers out there who have told me and proclaimed " Nasa Says it is not possible" you cant perform knife edge loops and not have a roll in the wings ,or the left rudder will always pitch to the Belly due to the "spiral Slip Stream" here is the proof! on a single propped glow motor. This is the Second airplane I have adjusted to do this. The Alferma Bipe is nearly there with even More rudder power!

Remember ,No Add on wings ,fences, no Baloney. Just patience and dedication to making the best design possible under current trim and design knowledge.

You may ask Why does it Matter? Well, have you seen the new Schedules for F3A ?! This is Why, plus I like to learn and push the limits on trimming and design. This is what improves designs ,understanding what the limits are and improving the design to be better for the next time I get the Urge to carve some wood!

Now imagine a Pure Contra setup up front and or, some strategically placed add on`s that only do what they are asked to do!

When you receive the Allure there will be a laminated Trim guide in the shipment for that airplane. ,It will guide you exactly on how to trim your airplane to do this and will look much like my Triangulation guide but focus only on this plane.

Purity is power.
Enjoy
http://www.ckaero.net/blog/2014/12/0...demonstration/
Old 12-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Quantas

Amazing video, especially a falling down on a KE from 08:20.
No doubt, great job! Congrats to Bryan and Brett.

Cheers,
Sergii

Last edited by Quantas; 12-11-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Jason Arnold

Hi Guys,

Here's a direct link to the video Bryan took recently showing off the knife edge ability of the new Allure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP33i5pyVk
The model certainly looks very comfortable in the conditions....

In the coming days there will be some news about distribution of this airframe in Australia. Stay tuned....

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:01 AM
serious power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jason,
Just as a matter of interest, how many people fly F3A in Australia ? - A very big place with not such a big population !

Happy Christmas !!

Brian
Old 12-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by serious power
Hi Jason,
Just as a matter of interest, how many people fly F3A in Australia ? - A very big place with not such a big population !

Happy Christmas !!

Brian
Hi Brian,

Merry Christmas to you too!

How many people fly F3A in Australia? The simple answer is enough but more are always welcome.... Perhaps the better question would be: how many people fly F3A well and how many would fly even better by flying an Allure with its inherent pedigree?

One thing is for sure, our national body, The Australian Pattern Association is working very hard to grow precision aerobatics. The state pattern associations are also working very hard to grow. It's hard and I'm sure it's the same situation world over. One thing is undoubtedly true, flying pattern competitively makes you a better pilot in all aspects of the hobby. This is fact!

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:30 PM
serious power

' Perhaps the better question would be: how many people fly F3A well and how many would fly even better by flying an Allure with its inherent pedigree? '

A good question al-right , but a different question . Ah, I was just wondering.

' The Australian Pattern Association is working very hard to grow precision aerobatics. '

Is it growing ?

A very small scene here and staying small.

Brian
Old 12-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by serious power
' Perhaps the better question would be: how many people fly F3A well and how many would fly even better by flying an Allure with its inherent pedigree? '

A good question al-right , but a different question . Ah, I was just wondering.

' The Australian Pattern Association is working very hard to grow precision aerobatics. '

Is it growing ?

A very small scene here and staying small.

Brian
Yes, deliberately different....

Regarding pattern in AU, I believe it's growing but it's a very slow process. The APA has a very new committee which I think is doing quite a good job. There's some new ideas and "fresh eyes" on the job. That helps. The other aspect that requires focus is retention of existing pilots.

Back to the Allure, have you got your order in yet?

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:57 PM
flyncajun

Here is an Early video of some prop tesing on the Contra Allure I don`t remember what we were using But it was the bigger props. Scott Mcharg and I did 8-10 flights in a couple days ,this is the second day out with the contra version Allure.
Brett didn`t want to post it on our site because it`s a poor quality video and was just a testing video. so We did not post it.
However after going back and looking at it I think it nees to be seen. this is very early in the trimming process But you can tell the potential is there. I remain impressed with the Contra version of this plane. This video shows a little as to why!
We were figting showers and strong winds But we did eventually get some good flights in I hope you guys will enj
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yluhqcIRxyk

Last edited by flyncajun; 12-25-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:30 PM
serious power

Bryan,
That's getting it done alright - plenty of authority from the drive.

Jason,
I'm a committed bipe fan - just enjoying flying them. You know what they say ; Once you go Bipe, there's no going back !
I'll wait and see how the production Alferma turns out !

Brian

PS ; Bryan,
It was quite late, here, when I posted last night and I was feeling a little lethargic - full with turkey and beer
Anyway I forgot to say ;
I wish you a happy Christmas and a successful new year.

Last edited by serious power; 12-26-2014 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-26-2014, 09:34 AM
flyncajun

Hey Brian

I hope you guys had a great Holliday as well.
As to the new Year thanks, there is plenty work ahead for us

The Bipes are intoxicating for sure I understand your love for them ,
I recently flew Brett`s Alferma (only the second time for testing and adjustment refinements. That thing is like velvet! so smooth and precise.
No Doubt , a different feeling and easy to love the bipes.

As I like to say the hard becomes Easy and the Easy becomes hard with a Bipe !
Pick your poison wisely!

The Allure is a good mix of Mono and Bipe. Lately I have been testing add on`s and so far Nothing has improved the stock set up , That's a Big complement to the overall design concept. It`s not perfect , But so far just very little mixing is required for perfection. Even on the hard ,complex maneuvers.

Bryan
Old 12-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Jason Arnold

Hi Guys,

As promised earlier, here's some news about the distribution of the Allure in Australia:

It's very pleasing to announce the formation of Precision Aero Products in Australia. Bryan Hebert of CK Aero recently appointed us as the official Australian distributor for his latest design the Allure. We are very excited about this to say the least!

The Allure will come in three variants - Glow, Electric & Contra. Even Bryan was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Contra Allure. He could "almost be persuaded" to go electric. This design incorporates Bryan's many years of experience and exploits his trimming methodologies to the max. Interestingly, the contra version requires no widgets to fly superbly. The model is manufactured by Xtreme Composite in Thailand and as the name suggests, is 100% composite construction. A contra version will soon be on it's way to Australia and this model will be available for test flights. All going well, we expect to have the Allure at the 2015 Australian Masters.

We have just gone live with our website http://www.precisionaeroproducts.com.au Please feel free to have a look at the site and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or are interested in pre-ordering an Allure in Australia. As Bryan has previously announced, the second production run of Allure's is scheduled to begin in January 2015.

Regards,
Jason Arnold.
Precision Aero Products
Old 01-13-2015, 06:52 AM
JerMilosek

Bryan,

Will you and/or the Allure attend the WRAMS show this February?

J e r
Old 01-14-2015, 06:50 PM
DaveL322

JER,

Bryan will not be at WRAM. But....if the current schedule goes as planned....there should be an Allure on display at the NSRCA booth. Not sure how close to completed it might be, but if nothing else, it should have a spinner taped onto it

Originally Posted by JerMilosek
Bryan,

Will you and/or the Allure attend the WRAMS show this February?

J e r

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.