Allure by Bryan Hebert

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 01:48 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathan7x70
Hey guys,
I bought my first pattern plane. The CK Allure. Are there any more cost efficient electric motors that will work besides the $200.00 + F3A motors?

Thanks!
You've laid out the coin on probably the best mono plane out there at the moment, so don't skimp on equipment.
Go with a proven set up so you can get the most out of the plane.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:56 PM
jonathan7x70
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very confident on the airframe no doubt.. just means more saving. more time.
Thought I could use a motor I had... seams like it would be very hard to make it work. A conventional 3D motor by Motrofly. Nice motor... but building a mount strong enough I think will be over the weight limit.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:41 PM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Allure not a 3d plane go with the pletty
Old 02-27-2017, 05:01 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

FWIW, you spent a lot of money on an excellent (first) pattern plane.
I wouldn't skimp on servos or motor...99% of the time you get what you pay for.

Mike at F3AUnlimited has the HiMax and AXI F3A motors between $250 and $299; he would be my first stop.
http://www.f3aunlimited.com/powerpla...lectric-motors

If those don't work for you, the only other one that comes to mind is a Dualsky F3A motor, $155 with free shipping at Goodluckybuy
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dualsky-x...-airplane.html
Same motor, $139 from Fruugo in Finland
https://www.fruugo.us/dualsky-xm6355...1ehhoC_ILw_wcB
$169 from jb-hobbies as well
https://www.jb-hobbies.com/presta/br...5cc-200kv.html

That's all I can offer...
Old 02-27-2017, 05:15 PM
big_G

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

jonnathan...check out the Himax 6330 210 pro. IIMHO, the best of the low cost F3A motors out there.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:22 PM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by jonathan7x70
Hey guys,
I bought my first pattern plane. The CK Allure. Are there any more cost efficient electric motors that will work besides the $200.00 + F3A motors?

Thanks!
LOL . . . $200+ motors are just the beginning. Wait until you price ESC and servos!!
Old 03-10-2017, 04:23 AM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

I was going to get the Vanquish for my first pattern plane and then I added everything up. I started looking around for something used and found a good one. Maybe my next pattern plane will be an Allure or a Shinden.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:32 AM
KGSS28

The HiMax motors are bullet prof I have one with almost 2000 flights no problems at all.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:08 PM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Himax is a great motor
Old 03-10-2017, 03:56 PM
DRC1

Originally Posted by ben beyer
I was going to get the Vanquish for my first pattern plane and then I added everything up. I started looking around for something used and found a good one. Maybe my next pattern plane will be an Allure or a Shinden.
What did you end up getting?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:33 AM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

I got a CA Models De Ja Vu.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:09 PM
DRC1

Originally Posted by ben beyer
I got a CA Models De Ja Vu.

You will enjoy flying it for sure...
Old 03-13-2017, 03:36 PM
jonathan7x70
My Feedback: (1)

Everything ordered for my Allure.. Looking forward to the build at the first thing back from Cajun Heli Fest March 25th.
First pattern competition is April 23! Very excited. This is my second ever pattern contest and first ever pattern plane.
I did get to fly the Allure for a couple min. It was incredible!
Very Excited.!
Old 03-13-2017, 03:41 PM
big_G

See you in a few weeks. I plan on being there.

Gary.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:46 PM
mercura

What's the story with the upgrade on this??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ALURE 3.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	2205584  
Old 03-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by mercura
I'm not convinced it's an upgrade yet but the owner seemed to think the original design required some minor tweaks. We have renamed it the "Zonlure" ;-)

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:24 AM
klhoard

Originally Posted by mercura
Curare-allure?
Old 03-17-2017, 07:32 AM
AC Glenn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That airplane actually belongs to James Danby(Spelling) from New Zealand. I was fortunate enough to get to practice with him for a couple days before the event. I listened to many ideas from him about what these changes do. He basically took his contra Allure that he already had and started off by adding a new canopy to it which is the one you currently see then added the fin area. He then built a new set of wings with flaps on them. Unfortunately he has only tried using them to slow down the airplane and not to see the full potential yet.We discussed a couple of options of things he could do with them and he will be playing with them in the future. He also moved the stab forward I believe an inch and after further discussions with him about that I think he may play with moving it back to the original location. James is a thinker and a pretty interesting guy if you ever have the chance to meet him. I think his current plan is to continue tweaking and testing on the platform and build a brand new one from scratch for the Worlds.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:35 AM
AC Glenn
My Feedback: (2)

Also must include that the big black Futaba sticker was bought at the Auction during the Australian masters and I kept bringing his bid higher to see just how bad he wanted it believe we ended up at 10.50 for a sticker lol. Good times.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 AM
Bad Hombre

Originally Posted by klhoard
Curare-allure?
Sometimes it is fun to play with the words to get the name.
Curare-allure

Cure !!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:03 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kit Bashers,

The Guys without the Guts to start from scratch

The Allure is the Culmination of 20 Plus designs! lol I guess he still thinks he can improve it in one fail swoop!

There are no improvements available with his mods, just more complications. There are many thinkers For sure .. but mostly they rely on the work of others. so the end result is a compromise from a Copy. I Hate to break it to you but,Flaps on a Pattern [Mono} is a waist of time and have no benefit as he will find out. More weight and of no use for F3a.. no critical thinking involved. At the end he has a Gumbo of different parts that make him feel good that`s it.

But I hope he has fun!

Bryan
Old 03-20-2017, 05:32 PM
big_G

Don't hold back, Bryan. Tell us how you really feel.....
Old 03-20-2017, 06:45 PM
kdunlap
My Feedback: (12)

Bryan, think that's a bit unfair to go after the guy. We live in a time when pattern is frankly collapsing and we're not getting any new blood. Just open any NSRCA K-Factor and that's the topic of the day, month, and year. If someone wants to experiment with a design, more power to them if it keeps them interested and their spark lit. We need to be encouraging more experimentation, feel good stuff, and innovation. Otherwise, we just wither away. Over the last two years, your airplanes have been nearly impossible to get. That's a fact. So, it's tough for the broader pattern community to get experience with one and trade war stories, flying tips, and impressions. Without that, I can see folks wanting to experiment like the guy above. If there were a lot of planes out there and their flying characteristics were known, maybe no one would experiment. But that's not the ground truth. Allure's appear sporadically on your website and CK Aero Facebook. It is impossible to plan a season based on the availability of a new Allure. I will be the first to admit and anyone who has seen me fly will say that an Allure for me would be a waste. I could never fly the airplane to it's full potential with my skill set. But you know what, planes like the Allure keep me interested in F3A. I'd like one and would feel privileged to have one. Don't know what the utility is of bashing someone for their passion in F3A. In fact, don't even know this guy. But my guess is that there are a lot more guys who fly pattern airplanes out of love for this kind of airplane than there are those who compete. Just a thought from a lowly sportsman.

Last edited by kdunlap; 03-20-2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: forgot 2 sentences
Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ken,

I`m not Mad or fussy
I just don't like my art tampered with in the name of improvement.
There are ideas on the Plane from another designer its called a train wreck not a improvement.
I wasn't hard on him at all if he has the skills to bash, He can build from Scratch! that a Complement.

How can you build an idea on some one else's work and claim you learned something better or you created , invented, improved it. HE/ She doesn't even know the premises of the Effort its founded on. Everything he has done I have already tested so I know what I`m talking about. and splicing work from a designer in Japan is not improvement its boredom. He likes to Tinker!
Do you think the designer has no right to weigh in on his own efforts being experimented with?

Very Few has any Idea what it took to make the Allure what it is, and the continuous testing , Improving that goes on today. The testing, Planning ,and Effort just on Manufacturing the Airplane.

So,Go read the RCU threads, Contra thread Mostly, Every one said what I claimed and universal setup ,It could not be done! Spiraling slip stream ,Torque, Yaw authority issues Bla Bla Bla... no way a plane could be made to fly with all three available systems from Contra .electric, to glow! with a single setup. Well ,I did it and through years of testing and knowledge proved myself right! No credit was given by the detractors I noticed The Magic formula was listed in various threads on how it Might ,Could, Or should be done.. I did it! and took none of the Arm chair advise.(the thinkers ) Because I know what I`m doing .It`s my creation and design expertise . and what do you know... the creators of the Contra, Brenner S. and Ralph S. enjoy the Allure!

If you painted a picture and some one sprayed Graffiti on it would it make you Proud!

The reason its hard to get an Allure is because there is no need to test or modify out of the Box, it`s already proven a Success by me That's what you pay for, and many other customers . In turn I provide that confidence to the customer because the airplane is what I said it is, all he does is assemble it and fly it.
I have spent a life time on trimming and Advising on perfecting the airframes, That's the Value in my designs and why they are hard to get. They live up to the billing. no need to test or change a thing.

The Allure rewrote the laws of Pattern planes. One airframe setup for all power sources. Before the Allure it was ,unheard of. and NO ONE! tried it ,or even dare proclaim it could be done. How easily we forget? do you remember how many noses were sawed of? I left no stone unturned, and the only one who knows how to get an ounce of improvement out of the plane is me! I created it so Yeah I think I earned the right to protect my work or at least voice displeasure in the bashing of it!

I hold no grudge for those who are experimenting! by all means go for it! More power to you, the more the Merrier, I just prefer you start with you own thoughts and a box of wood like I did

BTW Ken, if you want an Allure I have One for sale! An electric White base factory Scheme with your name on it ready to ship!
And as I recall, you placed a order and pulled out, you could have had one a year ago Actually though, I think I shipped yours to James

have fun!
Bryan

BTW
I still have not told any one what the secret is ...hint, its not flaps or a barn door rudder!

Last edited by flyncajun; 03-20-2017 at 08:05 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 PM
fly dat

I'm still new to pattern and flying in general but I've flown with Bryan a few times. I can tell you he's a beast and a true perfectionist. He's the only person I know of that will take his motor completely out of the plane after each flight and make thrust adjustments just to see what kind of difference it would make. He's constantly experimenting with trim and different setups. Above all he's always willing to help and give advice even to someone in the lower classes like me. So I can understand why he feels that way it's years of hard work that was cut up and glue back together. Just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.