Old 05-12-2016, 08:24 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MAVROS
There are all made in china mate....
I am sure the cost is not that high

rgds
Pretty certain you are right, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

Cheaper??? I doubt it. Regardless of where they are made or who makes them.

Many would consider Oxai to be the "Rolls Royce" of F3A aircraft, so the price tag will reflect that.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:14 AM
MAVROS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So does anyone know if OXAI are back in business or not.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:39 AM
drac1

Apparently once they move to new premises.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:08 AM
drac1

They will be available July 1st.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:14 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by drac1
They will be available July 1st.
Same dealer distributors or new ones?
Old 06-19-2016, 05:14 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by ltc
Same dealer distributors or new ones?
It's the same here in Aus. Pretty sure F3A unlimited is still selling them as well.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:52 PM
MAVROS

The word is OXAI are back in business
I hope the quality doesn't suffer......
Old 07-13-2016, 04:20 PM
MAVROS

Has anyone checked the new OXAI prices...............I think they are gold plated..
Old 07-13-2016, 05:23 PM
drac1

Has anyone checked the new OXAI prices...............I think they are gold plated..
Have you got any prices in Australia? There isn't any on Robs website.

F3A Unlimited has them for around 6K USD. If you use that price against the Australian exchange rate, it puts them at around 81/2K AUD.

You could get a Naruke for that.

It's making kits a lot more attractive. Just heaps of work and time.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:58 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drac1
Have you got any prices in Australia? There isn't any on Robs website.

F3A Unlimited has them for around 6K USD. If you use that price against the Australian exchange rate, it puts them at around 81/2K AUD.

You could get a Naruke for that.

It's making kits a lot more attractive. Just heaps of work and time.
Absolutely outrageous. There is no pattern plane made anywhere by ANYONE that is worth that kind of money. There is absolutely nothing special about them. Simple wood roaches. But that's just my opinion.... Kinda heavy too...
Old 07-14-2016, 05:32 PM
MAVROS

Yep,

I think OXAI are not interested in our hobby anymore.
I can buy a good used car for 8K
Old 07-15-2016, 12:41 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by MTK
Absolutely outrageous. There is no pattern plane made anywhere by ANYONE that is worth that kind of money. There is absolutely nothing special about them. Simple wood roaches. But that's just my opinion.... Kinda heavy too...
Hi,
I own an Oxai Galactika. First, any company usually tries to make as much money they can on a product, in this case F3A planes. Some obviously buy Oxai planes despite ther rather high price tag.

My opinion:
For the pricetag on a Galactika, that I can speak of, I would say it is little overpriced despite the good build from factory and the extraordinary good finish on the plane.
To really say a F3A plane in this price range is worth the money it should really be close perfectly built and finished plus first class hardware delivered with the plane. And basically most of the hardware needed.
And be light (by that I mean it should not end up over 5000 gram with standard equipment).
Factory setting of wing and stab incidece should be set to known good values that the plane would fly OK with.
From factory an assembly manual with all specifications etc gathered (in this case since it is a WC model it would be nice if the WC pilot gave some comments on setup of the model, throws etc).

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate my Galactika as follow:
- Finish: 9
I can not see much can be improved on the finish except there should be another more different pattern on underside wing+stab making it clearer in sky what is up- and what is downside of wing. Another thing to improve is the fragile finish, one get dents so easy on wing, stabs and fuselage that You have to be very careful with the plane. If the factory would fix these two things I would give a 10.
- Build quality: 9
Not perfect but very good, but still things that could be improved slightly.
Landing gear plywood mount that is glued from factory in fuselage was not quite level and not reinforced at all.
The perectly hinged and glued control surces was a plus. Stab incidence adjustment could be made easier and not so hard to turn the adjustment screw,
- Quality of hardware delivered: 8
Landing gear, horns, rods, etc OK but tailgear and tail wheel is a joke.
- Amount of hardware delivered: 7
No wheelaxles, no tyres, no spare wing bolts to name some I would like to have delivered. A better/smarter battery tray might have been good also.
- Weight: 6
My plane weight about 5000 gram and I have not really made any effort to select extra light equipment in the plane. I had hoped for a plane with a final ready to fly (electric) around 4800-4900 gram. I'm sure the factory could get the weight down some if they selected lighter balsa for wing, stab and canard more carefully.
- Manual/instructions: 2
What to say - not a piece of paper with the plane from factory (I got some data from dealer).
One expect (at least me) a rather good and comprehensive assembly manual and also setup guide, and why not some words from the WC himself since he fly this plane?
- Flying characteristics: 8 (in hands of me)
I can see the potential of this model but I suppose it is when You fly semifinal and final Schedules it will shine and show it's full potential.
If You fly on the level I do (P-17) and do not aim to be best in Your country etc You really do not need a model like this to fly good.
Fore me it is just fun to see how a WC model can fly in my hands, trimmed to the best of my knowledge.
My old MythoS Pro flies almost as good as Galactika in hands of me.
But to have a model with this finish is really nice but to be true I prefer a plane that has plastic film covered wing+stab (more durable for dents etc).

I have no problem to recommend anyone to buy an Oxai factory build plane, at least a Galactika.
But it is hard to say the price tag is in level what I excpected. If all things above I mentioned that could be improved is fixed by Oxai in future production of Galactika It will be a plane more in level with the price tag.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 07-19-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:30 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MTK
I would like to someday own a Naruke plane, which IMHO is worth the cost.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:36 AM
papaone

Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello

Where do you find prices of planes Oxai ?
any links ?
Claude
Old 07-15-2016, 07:43 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Naruke custom builds from their own kits. Their kits are basically custom as well. They make your kit after receiving payment. The kits are phenomenal in quality.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:21 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by papaone
Hello

Where do you find prices of planes Oxai ?
any links ?
Claude
http://www.f3aunlimited.com/catalogs.../?q=OXAI&cat=0
Old 07-15-2016, 02:23 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by bem
Hi,
I own an Oxai Galactika. First, any company usually tries to make as much money they can on a product, in this case F3A planes. Some ovbiously buy Oxai planes despite ther rather high price tag.

My opinion:
For the pricetag on a Galactika, that I can speak of, I would say it is little overpriced despite the good build from factory and the extraordinary good finish on the plane.
To really say a F3A plane in this price range is worth the money it should really be close perfectly built and finished plus first class hardware delivered with the plane. And basically most of the hardware needed.
And be light (by that I mean it should not end up over 5000 gram with standard equipment).
Factory setting of wing and stab incidece should be set to known good values that the plane would fly OK with.
From factory an assembly manual with all specifications etc gathered (in this case since it is a WC model it would be nice if the WC pilot gave some comments on setup of the model, throws etc).

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate my Galactika as follow:
- Finish: 9
I can not see much can be improved on the finish except there should be another more different pattern on underside wing+stab making it clearer in sky what is up- and what is downside of wing. Another thing to improve is the fragile finish, one get dents so easy on wing, stabs and fuselage that You have to be very careful with the plane. If the factory would fix these two things I would give a 10.
- Build quality: 9
Not perfect but very good, but still things that could be improved slightly.
Landing gear plywood mount that is glued from factory in fuselage was not quite level and not reinforced at all.
The perectly hinged and glued control surces was a plus. Stab incidence adjustment could be made easier and not so hard to turn the adjustment screw,
- Quality of hardware delivered: 8
Landing gear, horns, rods, etc OK but tailgear and tail wheel is a joke.
- Amount of hardware delivered: 7
No wheelaxles, no tyres, no spare wing bolts to name some I would like to have delivered. A better/smarter battery tray might have been good also.
- Weight: 6
My plane weight about 5000 gram and I have not really made any effort to select extra light equipment in the plane. I had hoped for a plane with a final ready to fly (electric) around 4800-4900 gram. I'm sure the factory could get the weight down some if they selected lighter balsa for wing, stab and canard more carefully.
- Manual/instructions: 2
What to say - not a piece of paper with the plane from factory (I got some data from dealer).
One excpect (at least me) a rather good and comprehensive assembly manual and also setup guide, and why not some words from the WC himself since he fly this plane?
- Flying characteristics: 8 (in hands of me)
I can see the potential of this model but I suppose it is when You fly semifinal and final Schedules it will shine and show it's full potential.
If You fly on the level I do (P-17) and do not aim to be best in Your country etc You really do not need a model like this to fly good.
Fore me it is just fun to see how a WC model can fly in my hands, trimmed to the best of my knowledge.
My old MythoS Pro flies almost as good as Galactika in hands of me.
But to have a model with this finish is really nice but to be true I prefer a plane that has plastic film covered wing+stab (more durable for dents etc).

I have no problem to recommend anyone to buy an Oxai factory build plane, at least a Galactika.
But it is hard to say the price tag is in level what I excpected. If all things above I mentioned that could be improved is fixed by Oxai in future production of Galactika It will be a plane more in level with the price tag.

/Bo
If these things were added to the kit, the price would go up.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:51 AM
MAVROS

drac1,

OXAI are quoting $7500 ......thats nearly double what I paid 2 years ago.
How do they justified that ?

Personaly I don't think they are interested in F3A anymore.

ps Does anyone know who will make CPLR models

rgds
Old 07-16-2016, 03:26 AM
serious power

Hi
Maybe they are going to be built straight and true, c/w warp free wings and tails - this time around !!
That's got to be worth a little extra !

Brian

Last edited by serious power; 07-16-2016 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-16-2016, 03:54 AM
drac1

drac1,

OXAI are quoting $7500 ......thats nearly double what I paid 2 years ago.
How do they justified that ?

Personaly I don't think they are interested in F3A anymore.

ps Does anyone know who will make CPLR models

rgds
They don't have to justify it, F3A is not their main business, so they probably don't worry too much. The prices would be set so their initial tooling costs etc.are covered in a relatively short time. Mid range planes now cost what Oxai did a few years ago and the bottom range are now the old mid range price. I only have one Oxai. A Pinnacle, which I bought second hand ready to fly with a DZ160 and all JR digital servos. It's in very good condition and the paint work looks like new still. I paid $650 so can't really complain.

I suppose to put it in perspective, any top level sporting equipment is expensive. Cyclists would pay that for a frame and some golf club annual fees would cost that much or more. Not to mention motor sports or even full size aviation.

At around $25/packet many spend that or more a year on cigarettes and smokes are going up 12.5% a year for the next four years, which will make it around $40/packet. Calculate that for a pack a day smoker.

What I spend on aeromodelling I call my smoke money and it won't kill me - Hopefully anyway.

At the end of the day, it's like any sport. You buy the best equipment you can afford, or spend what you are comfortable spending. If you look at any forum for a particular sport, there are people complaining about the costs. And that won't change.

I presumed with Oxai continuing, they would still make CPLR's designs?
Old 07-17-2016, 07:44 AM
papaone

Hello

Christophe will continue with Oxai and Yamada.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:35 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by MTK
This is the one thing among several that irritate me about the high cost pattern planes. They are wood models and are simply finished nicely. There is no innovation in them that can begin to warrant the price tag. BEM's post was particularly enlightening since his landing gear blocks are poorly made and tail wheel is poor quality. And the other relatively poor quality components BEM mentioned. So I ask, why do some think these models are worth the price? The finish alone?

To me, the price tag is only driving up the price tags of all the other composite offerings. To me, it's bad for Pattern. Keep in mind that modelers are not building the available composite models but hourly wage people are. So you get what you get. good. bad or ugly. I know that Bryan Hebert is in constant communication with the factory to do a better job with his designs.

On the other hand, we have Andrew Jesky and his new Pattern releases which are all wood and at less than 1000$ US, more in line with other all wood offerings (Vanquish). Andrew's plane is a fine flier from the various reports Ive read. If you want a fine painted finish on one of them, you would have to do it yourself of course, but that's no big deal. Pat Harris has showed how to apply a great paint finish on a model. superior to anything available from Japan. And I have shown how to apply the light covering underlayment for Pat's paint that is the same as that used by the Japanese... All the tools are there so it's laziness or simply afraid to learn new skills.

I don't buy the argument that one has no time. Thirty years ago we all built and finished our own. Has available time really gotten that short in thirty years? I don't think so.

If you don't have the knowledge to create a fine painted finish and don't want to put in the effort to learn from available sources, then I guess you would pay through the nose.

OFF the Soap Box
Old 07-18-2016, 10:23 AM
Portlandflyer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MTK
This is the one thing among several that irritate me about the high cost pattern planes. They are wood models and are simply finished nicely. There is no innovation in them that can begin to warrant the price tag. BEM's post was particularly enlightening since his landing gear blocks are poorly made and tail wheel is poor quality. And the other relatively poor quality components BEM mentioned. So I ask, why do some think these models are worth the price? The finish alone?

To me, the price tag is only driving up the price tags of all the other composite offerings. To me, it's bad for Pattern. Keep in mind that modelers are not building the available composite models but hourly wage people are. So you get what you get. good. bad or ugly. I know that Bryan Hebert is in constant communication with the factory to do a better job with his designs.

On the other hand, we have Andrew Jesky and his new Pattern releases which are all wood and at less than 1000$ US, more in line with other all wood offerings (Vanquish). Andrew's plane is a fine flier from the various reports Ive read. If you want a fine painted finish on one of them, you would have to do it yourself of course, but that's no big deal. Pat Harris has showed how to apply a great paint finish on a model. superior to anything available from Japan. And I have shown how to apply the light covering underlayment for Pat's paint that is the same as that used by the Japanese... All the tools are there so it's laziness or simply afraid to learn new skills.

I don't buy the argument that one has no time. Thirty years ago we all built and finished our own. Has available time really gotten that short in thirty years? I don't think so.

If you don't have the knowledge to create a fine painted finish and don't want to put in the effort to learn from available sources, then I guess you would pay through the nose.

OFF the Soap Box
Matt,

They can always send me their model, plus 10 grand and I will paint it for them, but then again I have a ten year waiting list!

Pat
Old 07-18-2016, 10:34 AM
papaone

Hello

Prices in Europe are :

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Galactika EP, with accessories[/TD]
[TD="width: 54, align: right"]4570 E[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="width: 254"]Galactika GP with accessories[/TD]
[TD="width: 54, align: right"]4680 E[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.