Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 12:11 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Clint,
I agree, the less switches one has to flip the better. I'm little surprised that the knife edge mixes do not have too much effect on other manouvres so one do not need to have a special condition for these knife edge intensive maneouvres.
I have a switch for spin, stall turn and snap conditions. I might change the snap condition to stick activation instead of switch.
/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-09-2016 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:06 AM
FinnSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cartercg
The settings are as for my single prop, and I don't expect will change much. Perhaps a very small mod, but they will be much the same with contra.

i fly the same rates for everything except spins and snaps. So my rudder etc is the same and I don't have to flip any switches other than spins. Snap condition changes are via stick positions. I have enough rudder throw for stall turns, and set the expo to get the feel I want around neutral. The less switches I have to flip the better.
I do expect the mixes to change. If nothing else, the differences in left and right knife edges should almost disappear. That is my theory, based on simple physics and it will be very interesting to hear what happened. I may be wrong about this too...

Bo, it is funny that you mentioned this inverted Top Hat. A friend of mine just installed a much larger T-canalyzer to his self designed and built F3A plane. Initially it didn't have anything but he then added a relatively small one and now a bigger one since he found the knife edge corners to be a bit difficult to fly. He reported that the bigger T-can clearly helps but additionally all the mixes he had for knife-edge could be adjusted down. So the T-can helped more than he initially thought. This said, we have to remember that this plane is not a copy of any of the latest F3A planes and does not have a comparable side area.

Edit: It is very clever way to set up snap condition based on stick positions. Really eliminates the need to flick a switch before snap roll but all radios cannot do that. I'm not sure if my T14SG is capable of this but I don't think so. I use three conditions which I probably listed already somewhere here:
1) Basic state with low rates and moderate expo on all surfaces
2) Stall turn/spin state with maximum rate on rudder and elevator, ailerons on low rates
3) Snap state with maximum rates on all surfaces, relatively high expo to make the area near center stick respond like the basic state

The first two work fine and I use them all the time flying the Nordic (Advanced) sequence. There's no snaps so I have not fine tuned the snap state yet but I do know that the plane snaps OK.

Last edited by FinnSpeed; 05-09-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:45 PM
bem

Hi,
Back from this evening knife edge trimming flights in beautiful weather with no winds. 3 hours of continous flying:

Start - flying - observe knife edge flights on left and right rudder - make mental notes - landing - adjustment,
up flying - testing with the new adjustment and so on.
It was probably about 20 landings and adjustments.
But now it flies as on rails on level knife edge both on right and on left rudder.

Thanks to Clint's information I managed to solve the knife edge problems.
Rudder to Elevator mix with Point curve for fine adjustments.
Rudder to Aileron mix also with Point curve.
Thank You Clint!

It is really small throws in the mixes but they work perfectly. But it was a real trail and error situation, I started almost on a blank page and worked my through step by step in small increments.
It was a challenge for me to finally have my Galactika fly beautifully knife edge on both right and left rudder with no input at all on elevator and aileron, just tiny, tiny fine adjustment with rudder. Key is as mentioned before to be exactly vertical on wings when doing the knife edge trimming flights and that is why it is best to fly on a straight line close to over Your head flying towards and away from You. If You fly in front of You while flying knife edge You will not see really if your wings are exactly vertical.

When I was finished I made a couple of full length of runway knife edge flights, probably close to 800 meters and to see Galactika soar through the sky on knige edge for so long, and hear the special sound that knife edge flight produce in this case is really nice to watch and hear. I also did some 4-point roills before I landed on last flight and oboy it was easy when the plane track so well in knife edge.

What I want next to check and adjust is knife edge loop on left and right rudder. I made some brief tests this evening and it seems that knife edge loop on right rudder Galactika tracked rather well and not much tendency to go to belly or canopy during the loop. But in knife edge loop on left rudder I noticed that the plane had a clear tendency to go to belly starting when it had reached first 1/4 of the loop. I think I can solve that with the Rudder to Elevator mix and possibly adjust the Rudder to Aileron mix also, I had no more time this evening to try to correct that behavior. I flew on normal throws all evening by the way, so the rudder throw is rather modest (16.5 degrees).

I will fly tomorrow evening also, making the last fine adjustment on knife edge loops.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-25-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 PM
bem

Hi,
Fact about Galactika T-canard, the top wing:

T-canard wingspan is 737 mm.
I loaded my photo into a drawing program and resized it so it was in scale 1:1 (wingspan is 737 mm) and then made a polygon over the T-canard top view subtracting another polygon area in middle where fuselage is.
T-canard wing area is 1790 square centimeter = 17.9 square decimeter = 1.927 square foot = 277.5 square inch.
That is 30% of wing area that is 59.1 square decimeter.

That is pretty large area. Galactika is almost like a biplane with that second large "wing".

Galactika T-canard and two polygons, the smaller in middle set as minus area.

T-Canard wing area is 1790 square centimeter, 17.9 square decimeter, as You can see.

/Bo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01_Oxai_Galactika_T-canard_area.jpg
Views:	2922
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	2161891   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_Oxai_Galactika_T-canard_area.jpg
Views:	2870
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	2161892  

Last edited by bem; 05-10-2016 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:40 PM
bem

Hi,
I flew this evening also, but the full scale aeroclub at the field was flying much (many start and landings, and touch-and goes) so I could not fly as much as a could have done otherwise. The field rules say one has to monitor the radio frequency for the airfield when flying RC at the field, so I have a handheld flight receiver (icom IC-R6) in my belt while flying so I can land immediately when a fullscale plane transmit they want to start or land.
I did a couple of flights working on the knife edge loop trimming and managed to get it reasonably good on both left and right knife edge loops. Later in the evening the wind started to blow rather hard and I selected then to train on inverted spins, 4 flights.
Inverted spin on right rudder is no problem, rather easy and controllable entry and exit.
But inverted spin in left rudder I managed not to get it into spin despite I tried all I could. I could not figure out why.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-11-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:04 PM
MTK

On left rudder, you mean spinning to the right. And right rudder you mean spinning left??

if that's what you meant, with your normal engine offset, it doesn't make sense to me either. An inverted spin to the left is normally easier, meaning right rudder. Same elevator and aileron rates?
Old 05-10-2016, 02:25 PM
bem

MTK,

Inverted spin on left rudder = rudder stick on TX to left.
Inverted spin on right rudder = rudder stick on TX to right.

The throws are:
Rudder - max is 36 degrees.
Elevator - max down is 17.5 degrees (max up is 17.0 degrees).

Inverted on right rudder it spin beautifully.
Inverted on left rudder it is, well I do not know how ro describe it but the plane is doing some strange maybe spiral like descent, obviously not stalled.

I use only full elevator (down in this case) followed by rudder to enter spin. No aileron input to "help" to enter spin.

I have not tried aileron opposite to rudder as I know some use during inverted spin. I have never needed anything else then elevator and rudder to do spins before on other planes.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-11-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:34 PM
bem

Hi,
Was out flying after work this evening also.
Aileron opposite to rudder worked nice at inverted spin. I suppose that is the medicine to use, but it is kind of strange that it is not enough with elevator and (left)rudder only for an inverted spin with Galactika.
I practiced rather much on P-17 maneouvre 3 - Knife-Edge Combination with 1/4 roll, roll, 1/4 roll. Some was OK, some less OK, I just will have to practice until I can do it without thinking anyting at all how to do it (have to think a little yet),

Tested inverted snaps also and I think I need to lower the elevator throw since it seems little too deep stall initially in the snap. I will have to experiment more to find an optimal throw on elevator (and rudder plus ailerons also I'm sure - it is max throws possible right now).

Now that I have my Galactika reasonably trimmed I start to see more and more of it's potential. I know this plane will not be the limiting factor for me, it will be my capabilities to fly it. And that is what I want and it will probably remain so as long as I will fly this plane no matter how much I will practice.

The tail gear resolder that I did the other day is still intact and I think it will remain so.
I took some photos at the airfield today on my Galactika in the sun, see below.

/Bo

Name:	001_Galactika_Maj_11_2016_at_the_airfield.jpg
Views:	2915
Size:	452.2 KB
ID:	2162029   Click image for larger version

Name:	002_Galactika_Maj_11_2016_at_the_airfield.jpg
Views:	2888
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	2162030   Click image for larger version

Name:	003_Galactika_Maj_11_2016_at_the_airfield.jpg
Views:	3173
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2162031   Click image for larger version

Name:	004_Galactika_Maj_11_2016_at_the_airfield.jpg
Views:	2905
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	2162032   Click image for larger version

Name:	005_Galactika_Maj_11_2016_at_the_airfield.jpg
Views:	3117
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	2162033  

Last edited by bem; 05-12-2016 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:11 PM
bem

Hi,
I noticed yesterday that when doing Stall turn that my Galactika has a tendency to flip over (forward) on the nose to belly instead of follow my rudder input (that is 36 degrees at Stall turn Condition). The CG is little to the rear of recommended CG so it is hard to say it is nose heavy. I increased the idle a little so I get little more propwash to the tail hoping the rudder and stab/elevator would hold the plane vertically easier at the turn but I could not see it helped.
My MythoS Pro is very easy to do Stall turn with. Maybe I just have to get used to Galactika Stall turn behavior and work with little elevator up just before I apply rudder to help the plane not flip over on the nose to belly.

Clint: Do Your Galactika Stall Turns also with above tendency?

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-12-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 AM
FinnSpeed

Bo, according to my (very limited) experience, a nose heavy plane is easier in stall turns generally. If your CG is a bit in the rear, that may explain part of the difficulty.

I have to check the rudder deflection of my Spark but I think I have about the same as you there and my plane stall turns nicely. Someone reported in the Spark Evo 2 thread that the stall turn was difficult but I do not find it so. I do keep some throttle up when performing it and it helps quite a lot. The difficulty there is to keep the right amount of throttle and turning the rudder at the correct moment so that the plane really stalls and does not do wing-over or tail slide... You could set up a special flight mode for stall turn (which you may have already) and adjust motor idle just in that mode to perfect the move.

Helping spins with ailerons is "cheating" a bit. I know that some planes always require some aileron input to start spinning well but the judges (at least the ones I know) are trying to see if you are using the ailerons and reduce the points if they spot it. I'd try to increase the elevator throws instead. I'll check how much I have in my Spark to compare.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:00 AM
cartercg

Hi,

I found the Galaktika fairly easy to stall turn. It kicks over nicely. The key is the right throttle balance. It needs a fair bit of throttle to have good authority on the rudder. Its a balancing act, but is no more difficult than the other planes I've flown.

I've always done spins with a combination of rudder and aileron. In my spin mode I adjust the rudder and aileron throw to get the spin rotation I want. Its not uncommon to have fairly different aileron throws for upright and inverted spins. It needs a good spin rotation, with enough rudder to ensure its clearly a spin and not a roll. Too much rudder and I find that the rotation continues for a short duration after releasing aileron and rudder. That makes the stop difficult as one has to adjust for the extra rotation. So I find moderate rudder and aileron gets a good spin that starts and stops predictably. I do find the positive spin entry a challenge with the Galaktika at the altitude we fly at. Its fine once its spinning, but getting the plane to stall and drop in without flying in is a challenge.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:13 AM
bem

Hi,

FinnSpeed:
Good suggestions, as always. I do have a spin Condition I use, I can set desired motor RPM and idle in just that Condition. I will experiment with that. I have rather low RPM now in idle in that Condition.
I can not increase elevator throws any more, it is at max physical 17.5 degrees down (and 17.0 up). The stab/elevator angles where they meet when moving elevator up/down do not allow more throws than this.

cartercg:
Good information, It will help me. I'm not used to having difficulties really with Stall turn or Spin before on my F3A planes, some but not as in my Galactika case.

/Bo
Old 05-12-2016, 12:06 PM
FinnSpeed

Hi,

I just measured the maximum mechanical deflection of my Spark Evo 2 elevators and it is 30 Deg down and 29 Deg up. I'm not using the full movement yet but pretty close, maybe 26 Deg up and down. I will have to test spins a bit more to find out if maximizing the throws improves things. I think I'm going to increase the rudder deflection as well. It is now limited by the servo arm length and also the rudder horns hitting the fuselage. Both of these can be modified to get at least 5 deg more to both sides.

***Risto***
Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 AM
bem

FinnSpeed,
I checked the stab on Spark Evo II and made a rough comparison between stabs of my Galactika, my MythoS Pro and a photo on Spark Evo II I found on Krill website. As You can see the elevators on Galactika is rather small compared to the other two stabs, see photo below. You have also considerably more throws avaliable on Your Spark Evo II, 29/30 degrees up/down compared to my Galactika's 17.0 up / 17.5 down throws on elevators.
MythoS Pro has also rather much more elevator area, but I have max throws on my MythoS Pro in neighborhood of my Galactika elevator throws.

So I'm sure elevator area and throws has a rather big influence how easy it is to bring a plane into a spin, assuming the CG is reasonably near recommended CG.

/Bo

Name:	Comparison_Stabs_Galactika--EvoII--MythoSPro.jpg
Views:	2947
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	2162260  

Last edited by bem; 05-13-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:48 PM
bem

Hi,
I flew my Galactika again this evening (it was bad weather Friday, Saturday and Sunday until evening). I tried to lower the throws on elevator, ailerons and rudder for little slower and more predictable snaps, both upright and inverted. I could decrease the throws rather much. I might fine tune little more.
I added a landing Condition with little larger throws then my normal flight Condition has. I was not comfortable in higher winds when landing, elevator throw was barely enough at flare sometimes. I'm used to have landing Condition since I have it on my MythoS Pro also.

I also tried some more with the Stall turn, and I increased RPM on low throttle in Stall turn Condition, maybe it helped some, but it is still to easy to flip over the nose forward at the Stall turn, especially when the Stall turn is made in headwind. I do not understand why it has to flip forward so easy. It help little to add up elevator before Stall turn is started. It is difficult in my opinion to get a Stall turn with rotation around the CG with my Galactika, very easy it will be a flip forward instead. I have to analyze and think more about this somewhat strange behavior (that I have not encounter before).

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-15-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:25 PM
f3a05

Have you experimented with hovering the plane,held stationary in a vertical upline?
I think you may be surprised how far up the throttle travel (on the stick, not in any special condition) ,it needs.
Perhaps this might give you a better idea of how much draught over the rudder and elevator you can allow before the rudder initiates the rotation in the stall turn?
Old 05-15-2016, 10:44 PM
bem

Hi f3a05.
Good suggestion, I will experiment little more with the low throttle RPM in my Stall turn Condition.

/Bo
Old 05-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Alex Voicu

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bem
Hi,

I also tried some more with the Stall turn, and I increased RPM on low throttle in Stall turn Condition, maybe it helped some, but it is still to easy to flip over the nose forward at the Stall turn, especially when the Stall turn is made in headwind. I do not understand why it has to flip forward so easy. It help little to add up elevator before Stall turn is started. It is difficult in my opinion to get a Stall turn with rotation around the CG with my Galactika, very easy it will be a flip forward instead. I have to analyze and think more about this somewhat strange behavior (that I have not encounter before).

/Bo
Hi Bo,

I remember you added a little down elevator at low throttle mix to keep the downlines straight.
Could it be that this mix kicks in when you reduce the throttle for the stall turn? Increasing the idle RPM means the elevators are still effective, even if the speed drops to 0.

If you have any rudder to elevator mix this can cause a problem too when you apply full rudder for the stall turn rotation.

You might want to deactivate these mixes for the stall turn flight mode, but you have to switch back to normal flight mode immediately after the rotation is completed, otherwise the plane will pull to the canopy on the following downline.

Last edited by Alex Voicu; 05-15-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:01 AM
bem

Hi Alex Voicu,

Throttle to elevator mix:
I will check Your suggestion once more - I did check this on the ground yesterday and I watched the elevator position when throttle at idle position in Stall turn Condition and then switched to Normal Condition. only in Normal Condidtion the throttle to elevator down mix kicks in at idle. So directly after the plane has done the actual Stall turn I flip off Stall turn Condition to Normal Condition where low idle has the mix with little down elevator to keep the downline straight down.
But I will double check this so I'm 100% sure no unexpected down elevator is in action during the Stall turn (Condition).

Rudder to elevator mix:
Will check if it might be that it is active in the Stall turn Condition.

Thanks,
/Bo
Old 05-16-2016, 01:41 PM
bem

Hi,
I had my Galactika with me in the car to work this morning and after work on my way home I turned in to the airfield and made a couple of flights.

I did find mixes in Stall turn Condition and also in Spin Condition that belonged to Normal flight Condition, so after I removed the mixes in Stall turn and Snap Conditions I went up to test.

Result:

Stall turns - guess... no tendency to flip over the nose forward. So that problem solved.

Inverted Spin - guess... spin entry now easy as a cake on left and on right rudder. So that problem solved also.

So I caused the problems myself when I programmed my Futaba 14MZ Conditons.

When I arrived to the field this evening rain was hanging in the air. And sure enough efter two flights it started to drizzle.
So I had to unfold the tarpaulin I always carry in the bag and have my Galactika and the rest of things under there:

And sure as Amen in Church when I had passed the gate to leave the airfield the drizzle stopped and some sunbeams showed in the forrest in front of me, and a beautiful rainbow also in front of me:

Time to go to bed.

/Bo

Name:	01_Galactika_at_airfield_May_16_2016.jpg
Views:	2743
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	2162803   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_Galactika_at_airfield_May_16_2016.jpg
Views:	2766
Size:	458.8 KB
ID:	2162804   Click image for larger version

Name:	03_Rainbow_when_leaving_the_airfield_May_16_2016.jpg
Views:	2780
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	2162805  

Last edited by bem; 05-16-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:31 PM
bem

Hi,
It was good weather today so I took my Galactika to work in my car also today and made about 7 flights after work at the airfield on my way home.
I flew P-17 Schedule. Not so pretty, so far, but I'm working on it to look better. I think I will try stick position Condition for the Snap maneouvre (I do not know how to set that up, but I will search Google when I have time). I have Snap Condition on a switch today.

It was 3 full scale airplanes at the airfield that was flying this evening also, 1) and 2) below was "guest" aircrafts just visiting the airfield this evening.

1) An Aerospool "WT9 Dynamic" low wing Ultra Light with retracts, from 2007.
Registered as SE-VPS.
9 meter wingspan, empty weight 275 Kg, max weight 450 Kg,
max speed 280 km/h, range 1200 km, Rotax 100 hp engine, glass cockpit (3 screens).
Very sleek.
https://www.advantic.aero/index.php/...namic-wt9.html

2) Flight Design "CTSW" high wing Ultra Light, from 2005.
Registered as SE-VPG.
8.5 meter wingspan, empty weight 279 kg, max weight 600 Kg,
max speed 240 km/h, range 2000 km, Rotax 80 hp engine.
http://flightdesign.com/wordpress/?page_id=39

3) The local aeroclub at the field has a Piper PA-28 140 Cherokee from 1968,
registrered as SE-KRH, that was flying this evening also.

At the airfield is also stationed in the hangars a MFI-9 from 1991 (reg. SE-XHG), YAK-52 from 1980 (reg. SE-KDD) and a Druine Turbulent from 1966 (reg. SE-XEG). There was also a second YAK-52 stationed at the airfield before but it unfortunately crashed last autumn into a nearby lake killing both onboard.

On last flight for the evening when I was flying P-17 Schedule the Piper Cherokee was also up flying, not visable from the airfield most of the time, but suddenly it was coming in low from the east without transmitting on the radio. I could not hear it's engine it until it was very close. I saw the landing light on the plane in the corner of my eye, that something was approaching. Instinctively I aborted the manouvre and dived low to avoid the plane and landed quick as a weasle. The pilot in the Piper Cherokee noticed me very late and transmitted that he was sorry that he had not announced his approach to the field on the radio and said he thought I had stopped flying and gone home, Bad assumtion in this case. All ended happy but this really show how important it is for an RC pilot at a full scale airfield to always be prepared that it will be some airplane some time that do not transmitt that they are approaching the airfield. I had my air receiver in my belt, a requirement to fly RC at the field, but it did not help this time. Last year it was a similar situation when I just had touched down after a flight when a military C130 Hercules transport airplane from Swedish Airforce came from North very low over the airfield without a word over the radio, just where I had been flying a moment earlier with my face to the South. Impossible to see the airplane in that situation since I do not have eyes in my neck.

/Bo

Name:	01_WT9 Dynamic.jpg
Views:	2786
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	2163017   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_WT9 Dynamic.jpg
Views:	2731
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	2163018   Click image for larger version

Name:	03_WT9 Dynamic.jpg
Views:	2727
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	2163019   Click image for larger version

Name:	04_WT9 Dynamic.jpg
Views:	2791
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	2163020   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_CTSW.jpg
Views:	2773
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	2163021   Click image for larger version

Name:	06_Piper_PA-28_140_Cherokee.jpg
Views:	2771
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	2163022  

Last edited by bem; 05-20-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:12 AM
bem

Hi,
I received from CK Aero today "Bryan Hebert's Complete Triangulation Trimming Guide", 3rd revision.

It consist of 5 parts:
1. Before we get started: Things to do and remember notes - 6 points.
2. Steps for in flight trimming including setting CG, incidence, throws before that - 15 steps.
3. Adjustments to be made in 19 situations (undesired behavior in the air) with 24 letters describing what to do/change to correct. Each problem can have several correction letters and the letters are listed in order of importance.
4. Common issues due to incomplete trimming - 12 points.
5. Common myths... All false - 23 points.

Little more info about this new 3rd revison:
http://www.ckaero.net/blog/2016/05/1...d-setup-tools/

Now I have some readings to do

Name:	Bryan_Heberts_Triangulation_Trimming_Guide_3rd_revision.jpg
Views:	2772
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	2163067  

Last edited by bem; 05-25-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 AM
bem

Hi,
I programmed yesterday in my Futaba 14MZ a new "stick" Condition for Snap that I will testfly this evening.

I choose to have the Snap Condition to be active with 90% down (and up) elevator AND 90% rudder (so called "Logic" switch), and active until 25% remain to neutral (used "Hysteresis" to solve that), when it goes back to Normal Condition with it's normal throws.
It will be interesting to see how this works and if I will feel comfortable using it. The Snap Condition has lower priority then Stall turn Condition and Spin Condition so it can not be activated by misstake when any of the other Condition is active.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-19-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:09 PM
cartercg

Those stick position triggers for snap condition should work, but also try triggering it with elevator and aileron as compared to rudder. You can also try bringing the activation point down to around 80% of stick travel. Using rudder and elevator could result in accidental activation of the snap mode when doing the likes of aggresive integrated rolls. Far less likelihood of that happening if you activate with elevator and aileron. Try both and let us know which you prefer.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:31 PM
bem

Hi cartercg,
Thanks for the advice, I will try Your suggestion.

I flew this evening and tested the new "stick" Condition for Snap. It worked great, I like it. One less switch to flip so that is a big advantage.

I adjusted the knife edge on right rudder a little by adding 0,5% (as seen in the radio) more down on elevator on "Rudder to elevator mix" since the plane had still a tiny tendency to go to canopy I discovered today.
Just curious - the Rudder to elevator mix, do You not notice some influence on that mix in general when You apply rudder (and the elevator mix kicks in, and also slight Rudder to aileron mix)?

The new Landing Condition I added some days ago works great, I feel I have more margins close to ground and flare in high winds, and even in calm winds I get nice stalled out touch down and short rollout (that is great since Galactika is rather fast even at landing in my opinion, compared to my MythoS Pro at least).

It was a long day - up at 06.00, drive to work at 07:00, arrive at work just before 08:00, then 8 hours work, drive to airfield (45 min), unpack and mount airplane and ready to fly at 18:00. Flew for 3,5 hours and went home at 22:00.

Just loaded all the stuff in my car and leaving the airfield today:

What is nice is that I can have Galactika with the stabs and T-canard mounted when I transport it in the car:

/Bo

Name:	01_Leaving_the_arfield_May_19_at_23.00_with_Galactika.jpg
Views:	2753
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	2163241   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_Leaving_the_arfield_May_19_at_23.00_with_Galactika.jpg
Views:	2755
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	2163242  

Last edited by bem; 05-19-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.