Ballbearings in tail on BJ Crafts airplanes
I have 2 planes from BJ and both has full flying stab .
My first plane is a Essence that has about 300-400 flights and a Bi side that has only about 20.
The Essence was put togheter as it was suppose to ,but after 1,5 season the stab was wery sloppy and it was possible to move it up and Down almost 2 cm , located the problem in the carbone tubes that holds the stab.
So what I did was tried first on the Biside and I think it was a wery good fix.
I got some balbearings that was 15x10x4 that fits the tubes that this planes comes With , but I had to make a tube that was 15mm inside , I did this by using some 50gr/m2 fiberglass and epoxy around a aluminum piece that was 15mm With some food film between.
After this was dried I used the dremmel to make the openings in the fuse bigger.
Then I glued the bearings to the 10mm carbone tube With some 10min epoxy ,had to use a piece off masking tape to get the bearings to not move.
After this I glued the tube with the bearings inside the 15mm tube, The bearings is located at the fuselage sides so ti is flush to the outside off the fuse.
The mounting into the fuse is the same way as if it was the original config.
I took some pics during the process so if someone want to try.
Its a pretty easy fix only thing you have to focus on is get good bearings (got some from H.King bag off 6 only 2 was ok) so for this 2 and a Agenda I built for a friend I got from my supplier I use in my work (FAG bearings), and when you use epoxy on the bearings be careful so you not use to much , the most Critical point is when you glue it into the fuse , I used some thin CA and it so fu.... easy to fill this bearings With glue.....
Look at the pics