Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Shinden Pattern aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 12:39 PM
BlueSkyLoop99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shinden Pattern aircraft

Anyone still flying/have a Shinden pattern aircraft, a Bryan Hebert designed model?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:53 PM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

Yes, I have an electric set up.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:32 PM
BlueSkyLoop99

Mine is essentially a gathering of parts from several sources, with no documentation on what it should have come with. I'm also assembling it in electric and would like to know a few things on your setup. First on canopy. Can you describe or take photos of the canopy hold-down/alignment interfaces to the fuse? Regarding landing gear, I've seen photos indicating it mounts to the inside of second-level fuse floor, which sort of makes sense from a landing gear, but am uncomfortable about battery location, which I suspect is on that same second-level floor. Maybe the battery stuff would fit better if the landing gear is on the belly-pan-side of the second-level.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 AM
lasers200

Still flying two on glow.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:37 AM
Smooth Pilot

I am currently flying the new updated version of the Shinden which is called the Caressa. The lading gear mount and installed battery tray do not really conflict if you make a minor modification to make your battery tray removable. Mine is set up where I can remove two screws and rotate the battery tray forward to access the landing gear.

In addition, the plane flies great in the tradition of the Shinden. Bryan himself flew the maiden flight and remarked that the flying characteristics had even imporved. Remember he designed the Shinden about 10 years ago. The upgraded design comes in both an electric and glow version. Currently I am the only one flying an electric version and Monte Richard will be flying the glow version shortly.

Check out the Caressa thread on this forum for information on the electric version of the plane and the build.

Sheldon
Old 02-11-2018, 11:07 AM
BlueSkyLoop99

Can upload some photos of the canopy mount, landing gear mount, and battery tray mount? Thanks!
Sal
Old 05-20-2019, 01:35 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all:
I have a question and perhaps some one seeing this thread might be able to help. I have had a Shinden since 2008 and have flown it many times first with a YS 170 nd then as an electric and I really liked the plane as an electric. I recently had fire and my workshop burned down and I lost the Shinden wings and wing tube. I have contacted Bryan asking for some assistance in finding some used serviceable wings but I also thought I would make a post here to see if anyone could help.

Thanks very much for your time,
Ed
Old 05-20-2019, 02:41 PM
ltc

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Very sorry to hear about the fire. Hopefully no one was injured
I think Dave Snow made wings for some of Bryan's planes at one time? Perhaps contact Dave and ask if he can help?
Old 05-20-2019, 03:20 PM
edwarda10pilot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks very much. Do you know how I might contact him, or perhaps I should ask Bryan. Does anyone know if the Caressa wings might fit the Shinden?

Thanks again,
Ed
Old 05-20-2019, 04:16 PM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by edwarda10pilot
Thanks very much. Do you know how I might contact him, or perhaps I should ask Bryan. Does anyone know if the Caressa wings might fit the Shinden?

Thanks again,
Ed
This is set up on Electric. I could be talked out of it and I would not be asking top $$$. Just a fair deal.