n1369e

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jeti mezon 90 lite

I'm running a pretty advance. I have Chad northeast settings from several years ago. I read something about making sure that the receiver was set to slow speed to read the end points then back to fast speed. What does that mean? I've been flying a Mezon 90with a Himax for 2 years. I put a new mezon with a pretty, setting from Chad northeast, and it crapped out in 20 flights. Please post the details of your answer and don't assume I'm brilliant.

Last edited by n1369e; 08-10-2019 at 04:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-10-2019, 05:30 AM
EHFAI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Jetibox can be used to measure the throttle pulse widths at the end points of stick movement from the RX throttle channel. This is useful in matching the fixed endpoints you may set in the Mezon. However, the Jetibox will not read the RX throttle pulse if it's above a certain refresh rate. You don't mention which brand radio you use, an example is the Futaba 6008HS RX can operate at a normal refresh rate of 14ms (about 70 Hz) or a high speed rate of 7ms (about 140 Hz). The Mezon ESC will work on either, but the Jetibox only on the slower, hence "set the receiver to slow speed to read the endpoints then back to fast".

Speculation as to the Mezon failure is that your system was drawing too high an Amperage. It's important to measure the current draw with an ammeter to ensure it's within limits of the ESC. The Jetibox can be used to set a safe limit in the Mezon as well as to interrogate the Mezon after a flight, which will show the maximum Amps, temp, rpm, etc. Get the manual here: JetiBox-Manual.pdf
Old 08-10-2019, 07:44 AM
SAB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Have you seen this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/11653794-hacker-jeti-mezon-90-95-safety-warnings.html

Steve
Old 08-11-2019, 01:19 PM
n1369e

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks a bunch Earl, I surely wish I understood what you’re talking about. My transmitter is a Futaba 18mz. I saw where Chad setting is initial point
-fixed, fixed initial point=1.1 millisecond, end point=1.9 etc. I set it that way but ain’t got a clue what it means. Do I need too?
Old 08-11-2019, 05:17 PM
EHFAI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry for the info overload, kinda necessary to explain your high speed / low speed question. You really don't need to know all that to get the TX & ESC to agree.

Chad's fixed endpoint settings are correct. If you set the throttle ATV/AFR of your 18MZ to 100% for both high and low stick it'll work. If the motor doesn't arm at low throttle, lower the AFR a little until it does, the motor should then start with a click or two of throttle (you can adjust with throttle trim).

Using the Jetibox connected to the throttle channel just lets you see the numbers being set by AFR. If you try the box, set full throttle to 1.9 and low to 0.95. Note that for the Jetibox to work with a 7008HV RX the TX Link must be 18FASST (Jetibox won't work with 12FASST).
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 AM
n1369e

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks again, it’s guys like you that make this hobby fun.
i do understand better what you mean. I have flown the airplane now with this esc 10 times, no esc issues. You explained it very well, not a thing you said was info overload. I just tell folks explain it to me like you would tell a 6th grader.
the other esc that went blank was pulling 78 amps on a hobbico watt meter, 21x13 prop. It’s gone to Esprit, but heard nothing yet, not even if it has been received, 2 weeks ago. I love great service.