Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Prop Life

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Life

Here's a dumb question. How many flights can one safely expect out of an APC-E prop on the setups we are running?

In my a case, a 20.5 X 14 on a Hacker C50 13XL. From what I have experienced so far, my e-props do not take as much a beating as the glow props I have run in the past. I fly off of grass. Only pavement I fly on is at the Nats. Existing setup has 135 flights.

The e-props are thinner and I am assuming they will not hold up as long.

What do the E-Gurus have to say on this subject? <g>
Old 12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Prop Life

Hi Joe

The tips definitely don't hack grass too well, and I usually end up replacing them just because the tips are badly worn long before the rest of the prop is worn out. If you keep the tips in good shape, I would bet you get a lot more than 135 flights out of a prop. Yes they are thinner but are also not subject to the pulsing loads of a combustion engine.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:50 PM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop Life

Joe I fly off asphalt and find I break less than I would if glow there much more flexible so maybe they flex instead of breaking I have tips have cratches on them from the asphalt but the ends of the tips or like new ( shape) where a glow prop would grind off. Never had a crack or break on the e-props that I can remember.
Steve Maxwell