Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

My hats off to 3-D Hobbies!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 AM
knotnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My hats off to 3-D Hobbies!

I just wanted to share something I found to be very rare in todays world.. I ordered an Aspera from 3-D Hobbies last week and started assembly as soon as it arrived. I found that the wing tube to be a very tight fit and called Ben to ask about a tip for making it a little less snug. As soon as he heard about my problem, he said that their goal as a company was a zero defect policy. Even after finding out that I could probably still complete the airframe, he immediately sent me another complete kit!!!(no cost to me for anything!)He said "George, now you will have a back up airframe!" I got an E-mail an hour later from UPS that my replacement was on the way!!!! In todays world there is ONE company who has a zero defects policy (take note Futaba), and has the best customer service that I have ever experenced in 51 years of foolin' around with this hobby! My hat is off to Ben and 3-D Hobbies, their products, engineering, and service are second to no one that I have ever dealt with. Thanks Ben, you made my day!!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Xavier Mouraux

Default RE: My hats off to 3-D Hobbies!

This is a great airplane. You will love it. It could do any maneuver the bigger airplanes do, almost as well. It is very visible in the air thanks to its color scheme. I use it to practice F3A sequences or specific maneuvers that I have problem with.

I lost my first one in a midair last fall and the parts were still falling from the sky that I knew I would get another one  The #2 flew as soon the snow was gone from my field this spring. Have fun.

Xavier
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53964.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	952463  
Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
knotnuts

Well now I can afford one mid-air, I've got a back up!! LOL!! I just can't get over 3-d Hobbies, there something else!!!! I hope I'm gonna maiden my Aspera in the next few days!!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Doc Austin

ORIGINAL: knotnuts

Well now I can afford one mid-air, I've got a back up!! LOL!! I just can't get over 3-d Hobbies, there something else!!!! I hope I'm gonna maiden my Aspera in the next few days!!
You must like the airplane since you have bought another without flying the first one, but I did the same thing.

For those of you who may not have seen it, [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=867]Here is my Aspera Review[/link]

Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 AM
knotnuts

I did maiden the first ship before the second one arrived, Doc. I loved it.. 2 clicks of aileron trim and it was "hands off"! I'll never get the wing tube out of the first one, but that was the reason for getting a replacement sent. It still fits in my Suburban with the wings attached.