Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Sebart Miss Wind S 50E

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:43 PM
aquaanox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Miss Wind S 50E

hey guys - my kit came with these thingy's ... see pic.. no instructions for where they go. Whats this for ??? thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84717.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1834675  
Old 12-29-2012, 02:05 PM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

They are covers for the aileron servos if you want to use them.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:03 PM
jthomas235
My Feedback: (2)

double post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM
aquaanox

thanks. im almost done with the build but ran into one little snag. On mine there is a small gap (a couple of mm) between the standoff on the rear of the top wing, after the carbon pin is fully inserted. So its not a perfect fit.. anyeone else notice ? Post 192 talks about this issue some, but i def have about 2-3 mm of movement. I guess i can try and put some plywood in the hole to tighten it up.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
jthomas235
My Feedback: (2)

I have had this issue with 2 of the 4 miss winds I've owned and have corrected as described in post 192.

Since I keep my plane fully assembled most of the time, I have also installed a wood shim between the wing and stand off. A small dab of silicone or similar is used to keep shim in place.

Keep in mind this can alter incidence and should be checked as part of your procedure.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Roberto B.

Please remember that the upper wing must be set with the most incidence as possible. So, on the rear support, it has to be all the way down. (in front, the opposite)
Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM
aquaanox

not sure if you can see the gap in the pic.. but basically i can press it wing down about 2 mm and close the gap. I also plan on leaving mine fully assembled. ill try to shim it somehow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64427.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1835926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66772.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1835927  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
abaser

I just started doing a model of this for real flight 6.5, and was wondering if anyone that has experience with this model, and RF 6.5 of course, would be interested in testing the flight physics once its ready. I'm also finding good info on it to be hard to come by, so I might ask for pics or other details when I run into problems. 

I've got a build thread going on at the KE forums if anyone wants to follow along as I progress. Input is welcomed at any time as well. If anyone is interested, you can pm me or post here or on my build thread. Thanks in advance.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29554
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM
bretoliver

Hi i appreciate that i dont normally post on here .. but im looking at getting the miss wind for a summer plane, this year as everybody who flies them doesnt really have a bad word to say about them, although reading the thread on here (currently at page 11 i think lol) theres a few minor issues with the kits them selves but this was a few years ago .. does it still occur to date?? as they are expensive models and i would expect someone like sebart to iron out these issues, does the incidence still come wrong out of the box?? and one last question, alot of guys are using the reccomended hacker a50-16s .. i appreciate its a decent motor but after spending this amount of money on a kit i wouldnt really wanna spend that amount on just a motor, this one is a similar one to the hacker (as far as im aware), http://www.giantshark.co.uk/xyh5055-...-p-403284.html .. would you guys be able to tell me if that motor would do the job?. ive previously had motors from that site of the XYH range and there pretty decent ive not had faults.

I appreciate im new to this but this thread is the most decent thread ive seen on this model so sorry for the questions

Bret
Old 04-14-2013, 04:21 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Just a little note about Hacker A50-16S, it is a new V3 now that runs even little more efficient,runs little cooler and has slightly lower kv.
So in case You end up with a Hacker motor You may as well get the newest V3 instead of the older V2.1.
http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&c=6681&p=6681

I have A50-16S V2.1 myself but in Sebart Wind S 50E and I have run it for soon 2 years (summer as well in winter) and it has never caused any trouble so far. It is somewhat expensive motor but it runs fine, at least for me (with Castle Creations ICE 100 ESC and APC electric 17x10 prop).

/Bo
Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
bretoliver

Bem,

I appreciate the reply of the choice of motor about the hacker 150-16s .. but if i was going to get this model i really wouldnt want to spend that money on just a motor, there good but i think theres alot of motors out there at a fraction of the cost. Do you think the motor i listed would be appropriate?

Bret

Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Order mine yesterday.....with the hacker, and castle ESC, going with Savox servo my first but they look pretty powerful...6S lipo.

Looking forward to it.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:19 AM
Dansy

Any news on this Miss Italia?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:04 AM
martin1962

Hi Guys

I have just built my Miss wind the better looking one in blak and red
Having read a lot about the incidence of the wings i thought i would do a check on mine .So with the stab set at +1 plane level through Datum the bottom wing is +3 and the top wing -2
Why are each kit so different.Should i try and alter the wings to get bottom to +1.5 and bottom to -1.8 as many have done or shouldi just see how she fly's first.

Any help would be graetfully received

Martin
Old 04-21-2014, 04:38 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Just go fly it. I bet it will fly fine. The struts set the incidence, so there isn't a lot to change. I flew mine perfectly stock and just adjusted the CG. Flew great,

Arch
Old 04-21-2014, 05:57 AM
martin1962

Hi
Tx for the reply
This is my first Pattern ship and By plane and would not like to have a wing stall on landing which is liable to happen with the incidence as it is from what i have read regarding biplane wing configurations .

Last edited by martin1962; 04-21-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 AM
rcpattern

Martin,

Seba and others test all of these before they ever hit the market. Pattern planes, with low wing loadings behaving COMPLETELY different than your average scale plane. You can't base the performance of a very lightly loaded Miss Wind compared to a scale Waco. I have now flown many of these from multiple people and they all fly the same. They fly very well and just like every other pattern plane, they will slow to a crawl to land. All of these things are manufactured on a jig and if one is wrong, they all are. There is always the possibility of something being off, but it would be very obvious as stuff wouldn't fit. The way the struts are setup, set the incidence for each wing, and worst case it might be off 1/4 of a degree, which is certainly not catastrophic. Feel free to modify the plane, but be prepared for significant trim issues as they do fly very well how they come from the factory.

Arch
Old 04-21-2014, 07:59 AM
martin1962

Hi
There are many disccusions in different forum with regards the incidence on the miss wind and they range from 1.5 posotive to 2.5 posotive on the bottom wing and 2.0 negative too 4.0 negative .
As these are made in china now i would not trust there jig work as i have seen planes from Aeroworks have problems. Once a plane has been proven then they get put into production to the cheapest company they can find and that will be in china.
No one checks after say 1000 sales then 2000 sales to see if there are any issues they wait for the customer to make them awere then if enough complaints on the same subject come through then an investigation will be done.
As this is a wide problem when the original was 1.5 positive on the bottom and 1.8 negative on the top wing this is why i possed the question .

The Wind struts do not affect the wing incedence as the wings are fixed to solid mountings all they affect is creating twist ie: wash in or wash out which mean that if the incendnce
being greater on the top by 2deg then alters the amount the struts twist the wing givin more washout.

People have reported this problem showing up in the down line and upline and having to add in up trip to compensate which then affects the knife edge.

I have just lost a plane costing £1000 after just 1 flight due to lipo explosion and bought this because i love the look then i read up on the plane and found a lot with regards the above comments and just dont want to find i loose another plane without getiing more than 1 flight because i didnt make the changes.
I was hoping to get some first hand comments from people who had made the changes on here.but hey ho never mind.

Martin
Old 04-21-2014, 08:23 AM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

I flew mine the way it came and never had a problem or crazy amounts of trim.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:23 AM
rcpattern

Martin,

The point is that you are in a pattern forum, and there are mulitple guys saying to fly it first, before changing it. I've seen way too many guys who think they knew more than the designer and modified it when it wasn't necessary. Up and downlines are much more effected by CG than wing incidence. Adjusting the CG fore or aft makes a huge change in downlines and it modifies the neutral elevator setting. I would be that most of the issues on the planes were a result of not really knowing how to set the CG rather than changing the planes. Many do not realize that the initial CG location is simply a starting point. The struts absolutely set the incidence as the pins that hold them in place go through both the wing and the struts. If the struts are fixed tightly to the bottom wing, the top wing is then set based on the angle of the holes of the pins. I am in no way sponsored by Seba or anything like that, but I do know that it is an excellent flying airplane completely stock.

Arch
Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 AM
martin1962

I appreciate all you have said and will fly her as i now have the plane before any changes are made.
What i think i will do is ask one of our F3A guys to maiden it and let him tell me what needs doing as they have been flying pattern for years If we ever get any good weather for them to come and fly
Old 04-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Dansy

I have well over 200 flights on mine during last summer...never change or even check the incidence.....work very well the way it's! even a friend of mine used it for a small pattern day, and he love it.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:31 PM
thnilsen

I'm in the process of putting my kit together. Got to the stage where I need to glue in the horizontal stab and go to mount the lower wing to align it... Guess what, the lower wing doesn't fit in the wing saddle as the fuselage former that the front of the wing slots against is glued in at a slight angle.It's not very clear from the picture but you can see a small gap of about 1-2mm on the right hand side. So I've got to sand down either the front of the wing or the back of the wing. I'm leaning towards sanding the front as I'm worried that the struts would misalign between the two wings if the lower wing is too far rearwards.

The only other thing that I find a bit poor with the kit is the cut out area in the fuselage for the horizontal stab. Way to much wood has been removed so there's a huge gap between the fuselage and stab especially towards the front of the stab. I'll probably end up gluing 1mm balsa on both top and bottom of the stab to avoid having to use too much epoxy and micro balloons?

Can't wait to get to fly this model.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:09 PM
martin1962

Originally Posted by thnilsen
I'm in the process of putting my kit together. Got to the stage where I need to glue in the horizontal stab and go to mount the lower wing to align it... Guess what, the lower wing doesn't fit in the wing saddle as the fuselage former that the front of the wing slots against is glued in at a slight angle.It's not very clear from the picture but you can see a small gap of about 1-2mm on the right hand side. So I've got to sand down either the front of the wing or the back of the wing. I'm leaning towards sanding the front as I'm worried that the struts would misalign between the two wings if the lower wing is too far rearwards.

The only other thing that I find a bit poor with the kit is the cut out area in the fuselage for the horizontal stab. Way to much wood has been removed so there's a huge gap between the fuselage and stab especially towards the front of the stab. I'll probably end up gluing 1mm balsa on both top and bottom of the stab to avoid having to use too much epoxy and micro balloons?

Can't wait to get to fly this model.

The Attachment is not wotking

Martin
Old 04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
martin1962

The attachement is not working

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.