Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

battery for charging

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 PM
sarashina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery for charging

hello everyone,
I'm a new comer to electric F3A. I have still some problems about E-F3A. One of them is about a battery for charging.
I think there is two ways to charge at an airfield. One way is to use a very heavy battery. Another way is to use a small portable dynamo. Some people in my country take the latter way. I hate a heavy battery, so I think to want to use a dynamo. However I'm not familiar to this way.
Please tell me some suggestions about this. Are there other good ideas for charging anywhere?
thanks

sarashina
Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 AM
elan120
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: battery for charging

Sarashina,

When it comes to battery charging methods, the choices are limited. Other than the two ways you have mentioned, I have been lucky enough to be flying at a field equipped with electrical outlets to charge my flight packs, but when I travel to other sites without this option, I have to either use other people’s generator, or finish all the packs I have and leave. Since I really didn’t want to purchase and maintain a generator for occasional use, I used the fund to purchase more packs instead. But if I have to fly at a field without electrical outlets, I will most likely be purchasing a generator to charge batteries.

Kevin
Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 AM
sarashina

Default RE: battery for charging

Kevin,

thank you for informations.
There are few airfields that have electrical outlets in my country, but your method is indeed the best.
thanks again.

sarashina