Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Great Planes Sequence F3A

Yes I do Abbyd. Seriously, with the warped flight control surfaces, I doubt it would be much more than a sport flyer (heavily trimmed at that). They did; however, send me a prepaid shipping label. Like I said, the service thus far speaks volumes in my view with regard to customer service. As it was a closeout at the LHS, if not for Archies suggestion I would have bit the bullet on this one.

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you guys think a Thunder power 2250mah 4 cell battery will fly the complete intermediate sequence?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone who has used the eflite power 32 on this bird could you please tell me just how you did the motor mount please?

I had one of these last spring with a efligh 46 flew great lots of power and flew very well until I dumb thumb it. Well tower has them on sell for $159.00 today so had to get a new one still have all old elec. so just had to get plane. That was the easy part just need wife to agree that I needed it. steve P.S If she kills me she will sell cheap

Looks like this forum is dead

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No not dead... I just know that your supposed to be working on your IMAC Extra 260!!!!!!! You know the green & black one....

Mike

I sold it

Can anyone share the dia in mm and length of the wing tube/rod for this model?
    Thanks!
    Sean McHale - Malvern, PA
    "Strive for simplicity. You never have to repair what you leave out." - Bill Lear
    Kingtech Turbines - www.kingtechturbines.com

I can measure tonight if you still need it

Great, thanks!
    "Strive for simplicity. You never have to repair what you leave out." - Bill Lear

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If anyone is still checking the thread, Ive run some numbers on incidence and they seem very strange.

The wing with refence to the canopy line is .3 and the stab is 1.5

That would explain all the up trim. And why I couldn't get this thing to fly without lots of inputs.

I shelved it and flew my Helios, but now want my daughter to fly it .

My VAnquish is .6 wing and zero stab with reference to the canopy line.

Whats up with those numbers ??????????????????
    Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over ?

...I'm still hoping to find out the exact dia and length in mm of the wing tube. Any help?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wing tube
    1/2 inch dia
    20 inches long
    Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over ?

Thanks, I was hoping it was 14mm. Oh well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just finished the Sequence.

Did dual elevator servos in the tail and pull pull for rudder.

4s 3700mah pack turning a 14x8.5 90amps at about 1100 watts.

Think i will tone it down to a 14x7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone still buying and flying this plane? I want one if the covering quality is more consistent. One of the things I want to experiment with is the use of the Hobbico TS-110 micro digital servo. Seems too good to be true but I can't find anyone yet who has anything bad to say about them. Any opinions? Has anyone found the single elevator servo and stock elevator pushrod to be a real detriment? Is anyone actually using the recommended Futaba 3115 servos all around? I am curious how a non metal gear and non ball bearing supported servo would hold up over time.
    lucky macy

I have been flying mine right up until the "hangar crash" where the Christmas tree stand w/integrated wooden base FELLONTOTHEWING/STAB....that...was the end of that.

So. Ordered the replacement simply because this is WAY better than the 47"Vanquish I have, larger, slower, more visible, and really very good, even through Masters class stuff (and OLDFAI stuff - new stuff, don't know). Anyway - I enjoy it a lot, when it isn't too hot to fly it, and when I can see the thing (lens implants last month for cataracts - all better now).

At any rate - flyer88 - I flew with stock incidences, whatever they were, and loved it. FLew pretty neutral, and no weird coupling unless I pushed the CG back too far. Used 4S 3000, Aeolian 42-50-800 with an APC13.6, peaked around 70 amps....but who would fly this at full bore, and why???

Really like your dual elevator/turnbuckle setup. Could you list the parts so I could duplicate it?
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am finishing a new Sequence and generally happy with it. The only problem is the landing gear is warped. I'll purchase the carbon fiber gear. Only change is I located a digital servo in the tail instead of using the pull pull. Plane balances fine Using a 4 cell 4 thousand 30c.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just finished mine up. 3lb 14oz. With the battery all the way forward, it comes out about a quarter inch behind the recommended CG. The CG is right under the wing tube. Is everyone still flying there at the recommended CG or if you ended up moving your CG one way or the other, which was it and about how much?

ps, i didn't have any of the issues I'd read here and there in this forum. The covering was generall very good and tight. My canopy fits great and the locking tabs really do fit and work, my landing gear wasn't 'warped'. Overall, really really impressed so far.
    lucky macy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine flew right on the posted cg, but might be better moved aft just a smidge. Will try.

Let me ask a stupid question. Do you experience better turns using aileron and rudder???? I do, or is it just me?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Things went pretty quite on this plane, I just ordered one so I guess I'll bring this thread back from the dead. Typically as soon as I buy an arf it gets taken off the market so this might be sign for all you who want one. I'm completely fed up with glow so this should give me a no hassle plane I'm guaranteed to be able to fly on the weekend. Dropping glow kind of means no more mid sized planes so I guess I will have this little guy and then my next investment will be in DLE35 RA gasser in either scale or pattern aerobatics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your not already aware of the growing interest in Pattern in the SLC region and would like some contact information; Please PM me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: astropuppy

If your not already aware of the growing interest in Pattern in the SLC region and would like some contact information; Please PM me.
    Unless there are classes like with pylon I think the entry price is a little high for me. I've heard that some of the setups are like $8,000.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We have people flying Sportsmen and Intermediate with Sequences and 47" Osiris' ... $8k would buy 2 or 3 2M ships. There will be a contest in Boise next June with lots of sportsmen pilots from SLC in attendance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jeffk464

ORIGINAL: astropuppy

Unless there are classes like with pylon I think the entry price is a little high for me. I've heard that some of the setups are like $8,000.
    Yes, there are setups that come close to that, but certainly not required. A good .40 size sport plane will get you started. You can get a competitive setup with several options available for very reasonable costs. Look at the Extreme Flight Vanquish build thread I started, as well as the BJ Craft Monolog. Both are ARFS and can be put together well under 1500 with good equipment. Pattern is just like everything else. You can spend more if you like, but it doesn't mean it is a better setup, especially starting out. There are several smaller options also available with the Osiris from 3DHS, the Wind series from Seba, and the various size Monologs available from F3A Unlimited. All of these can be put together for the price of a high end sport plane and they are certainly competitive as entry level ships.

There are several guys in the SLC area, including one of the best in the world in Andrew Jesky, who is one of, if the most helpful people you will ever meet. He is working on the final design of the Osiris 2m which will without a doubt be a winner when available.

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast