Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Great Planes Sequence F3A

ORIGINAL: jeffk464

Things went pretty quite on this plane, I just ordered one so I guess I'll bring this thread back from the dead. Typically as soon as I buy an arf it gets taken off the market so this might be sign for all you who want one. I'm completely fed up with glow so this should give me a no hassle plane I'm guaranteed to be able to fly on the weekend. Dropping glow kind of means no more mid sized planes so I guess I will have this little guy and then my next investment will be in DLE35 RA gasser in either scale or pattern aerobatics.
    I am of the same mind. Got fed up with glow and bought a friend's Revolver with a DLE 20.

Recently bought the Sequence. Three canopies and a new fuse later, due a NON - fit of all three canopies. Hobbie Services were very accomodating and did what they could. However, they sent me a fuse and "matching" canopy after the seconfdone didn't fit. The tech at hobby Services who had the fuse and canopy in hand, said that it did not qreally fit either.
    So... has anyone had this issue?. I'm in the process of modifying the one of the canopies and placing 2-56 cap screws.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This plane is a lump !!

Dont waist your time with it.

There are so many other planes that will out fly this thing for the same money.

EF Vanquish (not the 2M)

and others on F3A unlimited by BJ Park.

DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY>>>>ITS JUNK>
    Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All depends on definition of junk, and where someone is at in their aerobatic expectations. For a new flier of precision aircraft, I think a Sequence is hard to beat, being outfitted with a good manual and motor/esc able to be had as a package in one order.
    FWIW, my small Vanguish was really terrible, and I know what I expect of these.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just built my second sequence the first one I dumb thumb it. It flew great the second one flys great also. They both have a poor fit on canopy but I put a eflite 46 with 5cell 5000ma battery I get two good 5min flights and great starter plane for the money. No need to spend a lot of cash on plane until you are sure you wont to fly pattern. Then if you like pattern you can spend more on better plane. The down side is there are not a lot of event to fly in. Just my two cents Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 69 roadrunner

I just built my second sequence the first one I dumb thumb it. It flew great the second one flys great also. They both have a poor fit on canopy but I put a eflite 46 with 5cell 5000ma battery I get two good 5min flights and great starter plane for the money. No need to spend a lot of cash on plane until you are sure you wont to fly pattern. Then if you like pattern you can spend more on better plane. The down side is there are not a lot of event to fly in. Just my two cents Steve

Thats kind of what I gathered from this plane, it flies well but the fit and finish aren't necessarily the best.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My fit and finish was fine. Canopy fit was acceptable and easily enough fixed. Covering was great. No wrinkles or loose fit.
    lucky macy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well this plane is definitely NOT junk.  I just bought one for my son for next years pattern season.  only 3-4 things you need to do to make it a really nice performing beginner pattern ship.  

1 - Three pieces of scotch tape for the canopy, to make it secure
    2 - One screw in the back of the canopy to give you peace of mind and secure it(I also added 3 N52 grade neo magnets between the canopy and fuse to fill the space and add more magnetic strength.
    3 - Treat this as you would any precision pattern plane and give yourself the highest resolution possible!  To do that with this plane required the purchase of longer surface control horns.  Maybe like $5 worth of parts, and then adjusting the radio for proper throws.  I had to take out a TON of aileron throw.  
    4 - I use a 4000mah 4-cell 20c lipo pack and currently the 12x6 prop, but gonna switch to a 13x6.5 or possibly a 14x6, but I'll have to check the watts statically first.

Only complaint (other than the canopy fix, and cowl) was the ailerons centering.  And I know the resolution adjustment will fix that.  Using all JR digital servos throughout the plane now.  My friend Tony gave it a few adjustments yesterday while trimming it, and after this weekend my son will have a model nicer than I ever had when I started.  And for about $150 shipped to your door this plane can't be beat for the money.  I'll be getting a second one for a backup next week, and looking forward to a great pattern season with my son next year!

Gonna do some more fine tuning this weekend.

If anyone wants to see the screw I fabricated let me know and I'll try to post a few photos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.f3aunlimited.com/webstore...roducts_id=594

$250.00 $175.00
    Save: 30% off
    Fully built and covered ARF for electric or glow power.
    In Stock
    Wing span 1.5m Fuselage 1.6m Weight 2.5kg (with battery) Power 1000w or YS 63 Lipo 5S-4500mah

or this for $150

http://www.f3aunlimited.com/webstore...roducts_id=595

Better than this !!!
    Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't comment on the Monolog, as I haven't flown it.  But the smaller size of the Sequence made it a little more affordable for me and my son.  Not just the cost of the plane but the electronics required.  Also be careful of which Monolog you get.  From what I've heard there is one thats good for pattern and the other looks good for pattern, but is more suited for 3D.

Not knocking it at all.  Just am really happy with the Sequence thus far.  If I wanted to make it capable for the Masters sequence I would need to change out the power.  Tony recommends a Neu geared motor setup, that gives it more than enough power, and some downline braking.  I'm happy with my choice, might want to try the small mods and give it another go.  You might actually like it!  And I personally don't care for the color scheme of the Monolog.  Just a personal thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive done all the mods to mine including dual elevator servos, canopy mod, ........

I just don't like the fit and finish on this plane.....it doesnt have to be built so lite and flimsy in my opinion. The canopy warp is a common problem.

Why havent they addressed the problem. In Canada this thing cost $219 plus all the parts....I just think theres better value out there.

And bigger flies better so go bigger for a few buck more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Totally understand where you are coming from.  Fortunately for us there were really no defects to our kit other than the typical need to tighten up som loose covering.  Everything was straight and it was $149 shipped to my door.  Really hard to beat.  My plane is a 2-meter and I'm not gonna lie this does NOT fly like a 2-meter.  But then again it's not meant to.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bob.

Sorry for not replying to your post reguarding the parts for the dual elevator servo setup:

The turnbuckels are (hanger9) titanium 3.25"
    The clevis is a Dubro
    Servo is Hitec HS65

Cheers
    Glenn

A Saturday at the field.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your control surface horns are too short to get proper resolution.  I recommend going with the large plastic ones.  I am sure you will notice quite a big improvement.  Mine has dual elevator servos as well, but the resolution is just as important if not more so.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It feels right.

I have 3/8" horns at the servo and 5/8" at the control surface.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: Flyer88

Hi Bob.

Sorry for not replying to your post reguarding the parts for the dual elevator servo setup:

The turnbuckels are (hanger9) titanium 3.25"
    The clevis is a Dubro
    Servo is Hitec HS65

Cheers
    Glenn

No prob....I figured it was something like that, but ended up not using turnbuckles. A little more hassle, but works. The HS 65s are right depth, looks like.
    Thanks!

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyer88

Ive done all the mods to mine including dual elevator servos, canopy mod, ........

I just don't like the fit and finish on this plane.....it doesnt have to be built so lite and flimsy in my opinion. The canopy warp is a common problem.

Why havent they addressed the problem. In Canada this thing cost $219 plus all the parts....I just think theres better value out there.

And bigger flies better so go bigger for a few buck more
    Glenn-looks like you used existing servo holes in tail, juststaggered elev servos vertically? Any issues with pushrod geometry induced non-linearity?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

*All depends on definition of junk, and where someone is at in their aerobatic expectations. *For a new flier of precision aircraft, I think a Sequence is hard to beat, being outfitted with a good manual and motor/esc able to be had as a package in one order.
    FWIW, my small Vanguish was really terrible, and I know what I expect of these.

LOL....
    If you can\'\'\'\'t dazzle em with brilliance,baffle em with BS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very close to the servo holes but not stagered.

They are both equally centered...back to back .

I think I had to put a small piece of backer under one screw hole because there was nothing there to screw to.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flyer88 what did you use to paint the inside of canopy with. I like the look. Thanks steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just used a Silver metallic spray can...........If you want to get fancy buy two colors and do a fade !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well just unboxed my sequence, so far a quick eyeball check of the fuse and wings shows no obvious warp to me. There is some minor wrinkling of the covering on the fuse, nothing I haven't had to deal with on other arf's. I'm thinking people have very high expectations for absolutely perfect alignment compared to other arf's because its a pattern plane? I'm going to take people's suggestions and secure the canopy with a screw or tape.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes secure the canopy with a single screw and secure the cowl from coming off the magnets.

A piece of tape works or set a screw in it.

Put a small ply brace accross your landing gear also.

Seal all flight surfaces with some tape

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Both of mine the plane was great just a little covering needed to be heated up other than that great plane for the money. I agree with JEFFK464 people are looking for a 1000.00 arf for 150 bucks it dosnt happen. FLYER88 thanks for the help on paint will give it a shot. steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I REALLY like the look of the painted canopy on yours Flyer88!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They predrilled the motor mount, only a good thing if you go with the recommended motor. Kind of a bummer.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast