Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sebart Wind S Pro

Hey
    Kenny did great finishing job, mybe Arch can chim in, an help with throws

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, Kenny did a nice job. Just trying to finish it off. This is my first 2m Pattern plane. I've flown Mostly IMAC the last 6 years and wanted to try something different.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do normal flying of about 12 degrees on aileron and elevator. About 16 degrees on elevator for spins, and about 22 on ailerons for snaps. With 16 up and down on the elevator the plane will spin beautifully after you enter with just aileron and elevator. I've never actually measured the distances of travel, I've always used a degree meter.

PS, your Wind looks awesome.

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jarvis johnson

Hey
    Kenny did great finishing job, mybe Arch can chim in, an help with throws
    That is indeed a great looking plane. Congratulations!!

Volkert
    Club Saito member #371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

I do normal flying of about 12 degrees on aileron and elevator. About 16 degrees on elevator for spins, and about 22 on ailerons for snaps. With 16 up and down on the elevator the plane will spin beautifully after you enter with just aileron and elevator. I've never actually measured the distances of travel, I've always used a degree meter.

Arch
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Arch

Thanks for that info Arch! I am just at the juncture of setting up throws. I assume the rudder should be as much travel as you can get. I had to sand some of the fiberglas and bevel it at the rudder post on the fuselage. OtherwiseI would only be getting about 20 degrees of travel. I am now just under 40 degrees. I went with your recommendation of putting the rudder servo just aft of the wing tube with the pull-pull arrangement and it all worked out fine! I am just waiting for the CC 80HV to arrive so I can finish the project. Should be able to maiden shortly after the ESC arrival. I can hardly wait!!

Cheers

MJ
    Never left one up there yet.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok so how do you upload pics here [X(] [&o]

Thanks for the help with uploading pics Volkert, I dont know how you learnt that but wow well done!! It is really unclear with uploading pics on RC Universe.
    Anyway here is my new baby

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nk27853.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	1703522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nk28059.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	1703523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj26653.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	1703524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va70969.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	1703525  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: talk the torque

[img]IMG_7916[/img]
    I first type my message and post it. Then I edit the message and add the pictures.

Volkert
    Club Saito member #371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where to buy Futaba BLS 153 servos in Europe or, if the price is good, in the US?

Thanks in advance

Jens
    DK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tower Hobbies has them in stock in the US. 119.00USD

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay, I've read through this thread 3 times and think I'm ready to stop vacillating and commence with assembling mine. Decided to go with the pull pull rudder system since Sebart went to all the trouble hiding the aileron and elevator servos. Planning on alot of measuring before cutting any exit holes/slots in the fuselage. Two questions come to mind: 1. Does the rudder have a hard point for installing the horns? 2. How has the kit supplied tail wheel assembly been holding up.....any issues?

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Planeclaims

1. Does the rudder have a hard point for installing the horns?

Steve
    Yes. Hold the rudder up to a strong light source and you can see where the reinforced area is. (I'm embarrassed to admit that I discovered this after missing the reinforced area when cutting slots for the rudder control horn.)

Chuck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You are not the only one to have missed the hard point on the first go, Only then did I think about using a light!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Planeclaims

Okay, I've read through this thread 3 times and think I'm ready to stop vacillating and commence with assembling mine. Decided to go with the pull pull rudder system since Sebart went to all the trouble hiding the aileron and elevator servos. Planning on alot of measuring before cutting any exit holes/slots in the fuselage. Two questions come to mind: 1. Does the rudder have a hard point for installing the horns? 2. How has the kit supplied tail wheel assembly been holding up.....any issues?

Steve
    I used four of the horns provided in the kit for my pull-pull setup. As Arch said, the cables exit just aft of the forward stab alignment pin. It was actually very easy to set up. For your second question i used the provided tailwheel but had to fabricate a "U" bracket and attach it to the rudder for the tailwheel wire to float in. If you hard fix the wire to the rudder it will bend and will not work well. I just cut a small piece of thin aluminum and bent it in a U shape and drilled a small hole for the wire to fit into. I drilled into the rudder from the bottom and epoxied a small piece of dowel and cut it off flush with the bottom of the rudder. Attach the U bracket upside down to the dowel and do not snug it down as it will have to pivot. So far after 4 flights it is good!! If I rememberI will take a pic of it today and post it tonight.

Cheers

MJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually I thought I had taken a picture of the tailwheel and after some sleuthing, found it.

Name:	Wu60069.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	1713469  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought my plane second hand and the builder used a ball link that is epoxied into the rudder. It might also be screwed onto a threaded rod for strength but I cant see that as it is fitted. The tail wheel steering wire passes through the brass ball of the ball link. It works very well and the ball allows for the difference of the tail wheel and rudder angles.

TtT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: talk the torque

Thanks for the help with uploading pics Volkert, I dont know how you learnt that but wow well done!! It is really unclear with uploading pics on RC Universe.
    Anyway here is my new baby

Hi TtT, how do you like the color scheme on your Wind? Does it give you sufficient contrast?

Volkert
    Club Saito member #371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see it fine in the air but I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I feel comfortable regardless of the colour of a plane, Not sure if thats because my eyes are really good or if they bad and I have learnt to fly shapes better. I hear guys around me talking about colours they find easier and harder to see flying but unless it has something like luminous wing tips I really dont find certain colours easy to see and others more difficult. I will try ask guys at this weekends pattern event if they find it easier or harder to see than the red and also the yellow Wind S Pro's that will be flying as well.

TtT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the blue scheme planes and the scheme has its moments it can be difficult to see when first seeing it. After flying them for 18 months I have gotten used to them and now I have no issues seeing them. I think it is like anything else. You get used to seeing something and when it is different it can be strange at first.

Atch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Added the wing fences back on my Wind. At first I put them on and wasn't sure what I thought. I had a contest the next day and it had a different feel. It felt weird in yaw, but after the contest season was over I have installed them back. It seems that after changing a couple of things I like them. Reduced the throttle to rudder mix and took out what little knife edge mix I had left. Has a really cool sound in the air. Definitely has a different feel, but it was really locked in today and I hadn't flown much over the winter. I'm going to leave them on and evaulate some more as the year goes by. Sorry for the heli in the pic, but my picture of just my Wind didn't turn out very nice.

Arch

Name:	Ay74098.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	1716264  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the pics Arch. How much weight did all the fences add to the plane? I'm surprised at how heavy my Wind is to what I was expecting. I guess the small amount added to redoing each hinge has added to my total weight. Mine is now 4950g with my lightest 4400mah pack so not sure I'm going to be able to add all the fences on. I find my Wind gets a lot of wing rock flying at my slow flying style in the wind and I'm hoping this mod will help. Please keep us updated with what more you find out the more you test these flow fences. [8D]

I thought the heli in the pic was part of the fences

Anyone else with experience with the fences, I'd like to hear some opinions before I take the plunge and order them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My experience with fences....

I tried the Wind configuration (2 fences each wing) on an Integral; essentially identical position on wing and size. IMO a net negative. In low cross-wind conditions or wind parallel to the flight path they work great - you think Nirvana - the groove of the airpane and yaw authority are improved quite a bit. However, in a cross wind the extra side area exposed to the wind caused the airplane to move sideways a lot instead of yaw into the wind which the Integral tends to do very well under a wide range of conditions. In addition, the extra mass of the fences and the blocking of airflow off of the wing tip impacted the snap quality a bunch. All this being said, a friend of mine has experimented with similar fences and only uses the inboard fences and likes the results.

I tried aileron fences (the little fillets at the end of the aileron) on my Wind S Pro. These were made from 1# foam. The aileron fences seemed to add some stability in bumpy air (and at lower speeds), but definitely impacted the snap quality which seemed to confirm my prior assumption related to blocking of air is flowing off of the wing tip during a snap since the added mass was neligible. For me, these are also a net negative.

Regards,

Andre Bouchard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What works or doesn't work on the integral, can work or not work on the WindS, they are not the same plane

The WindS without wingfences is not stable around it's roll-axis. This is exactly what the wingfences seem to fix on it. The integral doesn't seem to have this instability.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hezik
    The WindS without wingfences is not stable around it's roll-axis. This is exactly what the wingfences seem to fix on it.

Explain this further please

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hezik

What works or doesn't work on the integral, can work or not work on the WindS, they are not the same plane

The WindS without wingfences is not stable around it's roll-axis. This is exactly what the wingfences seem to fix on it. The integral doesn't seem to have this instability.
    I do not agree with that statement at all. The plane is incredibly stable in roll. I would question the CG location if you are experiencing that. The only thing I have noticed is it smooths out the rudder and it isn't bounced around in the wind as much. It is the best rolling plane I have ever flown, with or without fences.

Arch

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast