Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Plettenberg 25-12 Evo? Is it enough for most?

Who makes the 21 x 15 Joe?

Malcolm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Malcolm,

RASA 21 x 15 Mag 3 folding prop. I think Chad had a hand in inventing these. Not sure that my skill level can detect a difference in performance, but for sure everyone can tell that they are quieter

Did the static test today as promised using the aforementioned 21 x 15 prop, but didn't data log rather I used a separate RX, esc (Jeti Advanced 90), Rhino packs, a tach and a wattmeter. The results:

6240 RPM
    69.5 amps
    2640 watts

versus

6210 RPM
    70.0 amps
    2660 watts

so really can most of us tell the difference . . . now consider 60g lighter!

Jp what happen to the wheels, you don't use them? By way the one on the right looks better. HA HA
    Have you gotten any flying in this week?
    Jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey JR,

The repairs are awesome. Better than new if I do say so myself!

Believe it or not the wheels are on just no wheel pants and really tall grass. Grass is too tall at my field to let me use wheel pants. They get ruined after a day of flying nearly every time. Oh well . . .

And, yes I've been out to the field twice now. I was afraid I had forgotten how to fly, but actually wasn't half bad. Just gotta work on memorizing the new routine. Got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to trade my trip and come down next weekend. I still can't believe I forgot to ask for that weekend off when I did my schedule last month. . . what a goof

On a whole other note . . . JR what are your thoughts on the 25-12 'cuz you're the only other guy who has flown one on their own plane that I know of?

Joe

JP I do have on the Addiction and flown it toward the end od last year season. It was plenty of power for our class. I believe that it a good strong motor. It's been awhile since I flown it and the other one on the same day to compare them. Right now I got an Himax on the E-motion which has become me number one plane so for this season. I did fly the Adttion yesterday afternoon but I was useing the older battery which are lower on power they are three year old. Maybe next weekend I can fly the two Plenty and compare them for you. Hope you get to make next weekend I'm sure Chris gave you some good tips. Anyway I know for fact that there is a D.Q. near the field. that were we can find Chris at.

Jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Same test today with the RASA 21x15 prop, but using the CC80HV and it's data logging ability:
    (I used the same battery pack and topped it off between tests.)

30-10 data summary at 5 secs:

6224 RPM
    2730 Watts
    74.7 Amps

25-12 data summary at 5 secs:

6187 RPM
    2664 Watts
    72.9 Amps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is no one else using this motor? Seems to me like good power and 2oz weight reduction is a good thing. I would like to hear other opinions before taking the plunge, but Joe's data looks pretty promising.
    Joe Marri
    Enjoying all things aviation.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is no one else using this motor? Seems to me like good power and 2oz weight reduction is a good thing. I would like to hear other opinions before taking the plunge, but Joe's data looks pretty promising.
    Joe Marri

Joe, this is a really good and under appreciated motor choice. It will put out plenty of power and is lighter than the 30-10 EVO. It's a question of do you want to run a lighter motor and push it harder (25-12 EVO) or run a heavier one and not push it as hard (30-10 EVO) either way they will both make 3000+ watts of power.
    F3A Unlimited

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is there any US service available these motors? Or what does turn-around look like for service?

If Pletty was serviced like Hacker, I probably would have already bought one. But I am nervous about my first 2x2 investment and suffering from down-time (bearings or whatever).
    Joe Marri

Joe, Plettenberg does all the servicing in Germany although we do stock some parts like bearings for the DIY person. We do offer a service where we will send the motor back to Germany for you if needed and then get it back to you after servicing and do this at cost as a service. That said, 99% of the motors that we send back are from crash damage and not due to any failure of a part. Most people do not even consider a bearing change for maybe 500 flights and even then I doubt it's really necessary.
    F3A Unlimited

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Chris, good to know. I am feeling better about Plettenberg - it's now between that and the new Q80, but I think probably leaning towards the Pletty.
    Joe Marri

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123