Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

5S 20C 4900s (brand x?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5S 20C 4900s (brand x?)

The buzz seems to be making its way back to me so I figured I would post something before inaccuracies may come out. As some may know, I have done some testing from time to time for people, and Chris Moon sent me 3 different sets of packs to test for him several months ago. There was one set that we both don't care for, but 2 sets that we like. One that stands out above the other. It's possibly the best, or as good as the best that I have run to date. It's a 20C 4900 5 cell. There is also a 4800 25C 5 cell that we also like a lot. I believe Chris was going to get some 5000s from the same company as the 25C's to test. These I haven't tried. I can tell you, the 4900's are really good and the 4800's are really good. There are some here in my district who have seen the packs in action and saw the power difference from other packs that I currently have. My numbers with the Himax F3A prototype were with these packs and seemed to be higher than the other guys who tested the Himax motor.

Perhaps Chris can post more info about them and let you know if he is going to carry them or you could contact him to ask him about them. I do know that the price will be somewhat midrange or so. These aren't your cheapy packs that are heavy. They could easily go for what the other top brands are going for, but I think they will be somewhere in between. Perhaps Chris can comment on this as I am really not 100% sure. They are the typical good quality stuff that comes from Chris Moon! I don't think he will ever sell cheapy packs.

I thank Chris for letting me test these as its always fun to do testing, and I always learn from it.

Chris
Old 04-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: 5S 20C 4900s (brand x?)

I mentioned to Chris (Patternflyer1) that it is was now ok to discuss these packs in public since we have some coming before the end of April and a lot of stuff has been leaking out anyways from people watching him fly with these new packs. Those who have test flown these packs have all been wowed by them and have ordered some for themselves after the testing is over. I think that says enough right there. These are light packs at 41.5oz for a 2X 5S setup and are manufactured to our specs by a large battery supplier. These are not off the shelf packs. I will post more once all of the details are worked out but look for a retail price of $139 and an intro special pricing in the $120 / 5S pack range.

The pricing reflects the low volume production nature of these batteries and we cannot compete on price with the bulk produced brands out there. There are some good batteries out there already but what we are offering are lighter weight packs with better performance than any other battery available today.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
2Sunny

I was in Virginia this past weekend and watching one individual fly when I said to Chris: "How come he's flyin' so much faster this round than he did last time?" Come to find out he was trying Chris' new "uber" pack. He was so impressed he charged it on his generator and flew the pack 3 more times in rapid succession. I don't know what's different about the production of these batteries, but it was clear to me that these packs held voltage higher than Rhinos. Of course the million dollar question is how will they hold up over time, and will the production models be as good as the test models. For now though, I have high hopes for these 1180g, moderately priced, powerful packs! I got my order in . . .
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 AM
bedowinn

And the name of this pack is??
Link to seller??
Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 AM
2Sunny

As I understand it, these are new packs that will only be available through [link=http://www.f3aunlimited.com/index.html]F3AUnlimited[/link]. They are not up on the web yet as the first shipment has not yet arrived. Chris started this thread, I believe, because several people like myself have been inquiring about what the "mystery" packs are after having had a sneak-peek at these guys in real life. I also believe that they are not a battery variety currently available in the States.

Joe