My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by rm View Post
Jive endpoints are programmed via a jumper, use of the transmitter by moving the throttle stick through its range of motion while programming mode 1, and powering on and off of the esc. The jeti endpoints are programmed via settings made in the esc programming menu.
jive (kontronik) can also be done on a win computer/tablet with their adapter....
Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 AM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The software is for setting parameters such as brake, bec, telemetry, etc. Where are you setting endpoints?
Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Brenner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by rm View Post
The software is for setting parameters such as brake, bec, telemetry, etc. Where are you setting endpoints?
As near as I can tell the endpoints are set by moving the throttle stick through its complete range of motion.

I am attaching the Kontronik manual for people to look through.

Brenner ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JIVE_Pro.pdf (1.30 MB, 24 views)
Old 03-10-2019, 01:05 PM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well after 50 flights I decided to service my Brenner V2 CD and Neu motor and all seems well with no visible signs of wear and tear so as I stated in an earlier response I would consider telling everyone of my modification after a number of flights. Wait for it, wait for it.....Ceramic bearings! I am still averaging 2200-2500mah per Masters flight (even in the winter winds here in Tennessee) and could not be more pleased. Wish I would have thought of this 5 years ago! Regards, Everette
Old 03-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Brenner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by wattsup View Post
Well after 50 flights I decided to service my Brenner V2 CD and Neu motor and all seems well with no visible signs of wear and tear so as I stated in an earlier response I would consider telling everyone of my modification after a number of flights. Wait for it, wait for it.....Ceramic bearings! I am still averaging 2200-2500mah per Masters flight (even in the winter winds here in Tennessee) and could not be more pleased. Wish I would have thought of this 5 years ago! Regards, Everette
Hey Everette,

Which bearings have you replaced with ceramic bearings?

Brenner ...
Old 03-10-2019, 04:15 PM
wattsup

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Brenner, I replaced the bearings in the Neu F3A motor. It not only runs smoother but consistently cooler. To me, increased heat equates to a loss of energy. I know because I have always kept records (as you know) of every flight (times, temperature of the motor & CD, end of flight voltage readings and mahs restored to the battery after charging) no matter which plane or motor I chose to fly. Maybe for once I figured it out! Everette
Old 03-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Brenner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Everette,

Ceramic bearings will be able to spin faster, which will help with the motor because the Nue f3a motor spins at about 43,000 rpm. You can also consider ceramic bearings with phenolic races instead of steel races. Phenolic races have less weight, so they can also spin faster. We use these types of bearings for the main bearings in the V4 Drive. It lets us upsize the bearings without having to accept a lower speed rating.

High speed bearings are typically shielded because rubber seals burn up in high speed bearings. However, it is possible to get bearings with non-contact rubber seals. Non-contact rubber seals are removable so it is possible to regrease the bearings when the grease dries up. This is usually how motor bearings fail.

One final thing to note is that motor bearings should be "electric motor quality" bearings. These bearings have tighter clearances specifically for electric motors. If you use bearings that have loose clearances, (like bearings with a C3 clearance rating...) you might get unacceptable variation in the air gap between the rotor and the stator.

Brenner ...
Old 03-10-2019, 04:40 PM
wattsup

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Brenner, your response contains a lot of very useful information. The bearings I found are "electric motor quality' but have the steel races. Now to come up with bearings with the phenolic races and non-contact rubber seals. It may take a bit of digging but I will find them in the near future. Thanks again, Everette