RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Pattern Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/)
-   -   new axiome ep (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/10052045-new-axiome-ep.html)

ohadzarko 10-06-2010 03:22 PM

new axiome ep

1 Attachment(s)
Hello
hir is same pictures of my new axiome ep
My setting is:
Hacker c-50 14xl +master spin 99
21-14 apc
2 Futaba bls 551 for ale
2 Futaba bls 153 for ele
1 Futaba bls 451 for rad
The model is 4.970kilo with 1.200 kilo battery

ohadzarko 10-06-2010 03:30 PM

RE: new axiome ep

1 Attachment(s)
more

ohadzarko 10-06-2010 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

ohadzarko 10-06-2010 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

ohadzarko 10-06-2010 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

ohadzarko 10-07-2010 04:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This photo is from the building part so the wires are not in the place bat I modified the Rader servo try to 1 servo from 2 like it came from oxai

Pack Leader 10-08-2010 07:22 AM

Looking good Ohad!! Hows it fly?

ohadzarko 10-08-2010 12:44 PM

I had the CG like oxai recommend and the model was flying good
My hacker was to hot (the test fly was at 38 degrees with no cooling panels yet to the eng) and my focus was on that .
Next week I will in go back to Israel from India (after I was playing with heron uav 1200kilo model) and I will fly it more. And give you better answer
Bat from first impression there is no caplling at all and the Rader power is very strong the model is with good stability on bumpiness something that we have a lot in Israel the only mix that I did is to the down line.

RONDENA 02-03-2011 09:36 AM

Hello.
Congratulations on your Axiome EP. We're waiting.
How about your flight is, how it behaves, you can tell us more? But did you picture?
We will put the new Q80 13S-20 POLE
In the part of the tail skid, which has passed the fuselage, would you have opened or are coming this way?

good flights.

Greetings.

Greetings

ohadzarko 02-06-2011 11:55 PM

The model flies beautifly, it has excellent rudder control , the same as elevator. There is slight coupling(maybe because the forwardCG which I prefer). The model arrives with the opening in the tail skid as standard although I enlarged it a bit because of the hot weather. In the center of the fuselage at the bottom I have added another opening.
What I dislike about the model is the weight of the wings (420g each not incl. servos) making it 100g more than the standard.
And because I put the elevator servos in the tail, the battery tray is haif way under the engine, making inconvenient to access.
I think the engine you chose will put the model on it's upper limit with a 1180g battery, take note.
You did a good choice, and I wish you lots of enjoyment from your new model.

Ohad Zarko
F3A Israel Team

jim woodward 02-07-2011 07:24 AM

I love my glow version. It is the finest F3A plane I've ever flown. After a few trips through P & F sequences, you'll see its design features kicking in. Transitioning through any rolling maneuver is outstanding. Rudder and elevator blending during integrated rolling loops is as flawless as you can execute. Stall turns are beautiful. Snaps stay on line. The setup is a little different being there is a fair amount of incidence, downthrust, and negative incidence on the T-can - but all seems to work out great in flight.

Perhaps we can use your thread to share setup tips. Since the fuselage is quite curvy and no straight lines, I'd like to know what others are useing for a baseling.
Thanks,
Jim W.

RONDENA 02-12-2011 11:55 PM

Ohadzarko Hi, I have photos of the plane, and it comes next week.
I think we've seen global de Pombal in the 2,009, "you flew with Azurite?

Why did you put the servos back depth? Is it difficult to mount with 1 servo only deeply.

I'm Spanish team
Greetings.

ohadzarko 02-16-2011 05:12 AM

yes it was me with the Azurite in wc Pombal in the 2009

i think that you can have beter control when every elevator have 1 servo and i didnt like the wire mechanism on the elevator
and the elevator have maunt for servo (bls 153).

ohad zarko
f3a israel team

beijinger 03-17-2011 01:41 AM

it's axiome or axiome+?

ohadzarko 03-21-2011 12:21 AM

there is only axione ep in oxai
the + is for glow

adrielmesias 12-13-2012 01:56 AM

Hi everyone, <div>
</div><div>If I'm not mistaken, this Axiome is the newer version. There is an older version which has a hatch that is opened from the bottom. I read in F3A Unlimited that this newer version has an updated wing plan compared to the old one, does anybody know the difference in flight characteristics that the new wing plan has on the plane?</div><div>
</div><div>Regards,</div><div>
</div>

ohadzarko 01-20-2013 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my original axiome was upgrde to axiome+ as you can see in the photo.

i buy new set off wings from oxai that fit excellent to the old model.
the model lost alot of weight (150g) and the model is new 4850g flight weight.

the snaps are mach better and accurate (probably because the lite weight of the wing).
it roll beter and the most important for me that the model is more stable .

Thanks
ohad zarko

apereira 01-21-2013 05:38 AM

Ohad,

Was it only a wing change? how does it enter the spins now? and do the spins stop much better? Any other details on the way the aircraft flies now?

Best regards

Alejandro

Mvelez 01-21-2013 09:59 AM

Alejo: If I do not remember wrong, CPLR told Donatas in the EC interview that the newest version had also a slightly smaller stab area, besides the evident change in the wings. but this was for the + in GP. not sure if they did the same for the EP version