RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Pattern Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/)
-   -   Oxai citrin (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/11185330-oxai-citrin.html)

kriszed 08-08-2012 04:38 AM

Oxai citrin

Hi guys, I am busy setting up my new citrin and have noticed the stab incidence is different . The right is lower than the left by about 7mm. Was the aircraft designed like this or is it a building error? Has anybody else out there noticed this?.
Chris

ASA28 08-08-2012 06:00 AM

RE: Oxai citrin

Chris

My Oxai Citrin has the same problem, making measurements found that the tips of both stab are not aligned, and the elevators are not equally aligned with the tip of the stab.[:@][:@]

serious power 08-08-2012 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: kriszed

Hi guys, I am busy setting up my new citrin and have noticed the stab incidence is different . The right is lower than the left by about 7mm. Was the aircraft designed like this or is it a building error? Has anybody else out there noticed this?.
Chris

Hi,
Are you talking about incidence or the anhedral.

kriszed 08-08-2012 10:12 AM

I'm talking about incidence, if you zero the elevators and compare the trailing edges of the stab using two carbon rods of the trailing edges of the stab like you would to see if the elevators are moving evenly. My one trailing edge is higher than the other by quite a bit.
My previous aircraft was a spark and it had incidence adjusters on both stabs so you could dial it out that way,the citrin has one adjuster to adjust both stabs.

kriszed 08-08-2012 10:35 AM

Im waiting for Wolfgang Matt or oxai to reply to a mail I sent to find out if the aircraft was in fact designed like this or maybe it was a mistake during the build.

serious power 08-08-2012 10:51 AM

Hi,
That has to be a mistake in the build.
Is it really 7mm different at the TE, if it is it is not usable.
I assume you have the rods parallel to the fuz,, center line - if not the anhedral will put it out.

Brian

kriszed 08-08-2012 11:17 AM

Hi Brian, the rods are coming to a point at the trailing edge of the rudder. If I take a measurement from the top of my rudder to the tip of the trailling edge on the stabs there is also a difference there. If you look at the aircraft from the rear you can see that the one stab is lower than the other. Im finding it hard to believe that oxai could make a mistake like that. A friend of mine also had the same issue on his citrin and he managed to get them even by sanding the stab tubes to raise one side and lower the other. I've never had a pattern aircraft with anhedral so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Frustrating!

kriszed 08-09-2012 04:39 AM

Hi ASA28
Tks for replying, how does your citrin fly with the stabs like that? Are there any issues when pulling on the elevators and what's she like on the knif edge. I do know that there are a few guys that actually do this on purpose. Apparently it helps with roll coupling on the knife edge I think. I think Dave Lockhart from the states has been doing this for a while. There is a post on RC universe about this which I'm trying to find.
Chris

ASA28 08-09-2012 05:47 AM

I think it is a building problem. The Citrin fly very well, I suspect it affects is the need to use 5-6 steps the aileron trim to level flight.

Andres
(sorry for my English!)

kriszed 08-09-2012 09:46 AM

I've just received a reply from oxai and they say that the stabs must be the same and have said that they would replace the Stabs if there was more than 5% p mix or more than a few mm on the elevators. This is obviously a production problem because I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm really impressed with oxai and their willingness to sort out my issue.

Neil Collins 08-10-2012 01:59 PM

Eish

Go back to a Spark.

Good luck hope you get it sorted

kriszed 08-10-2012 10:24 PM

Hi Neil
Yes it's I bit frustrating when you get a model of this calibre (dollar) and you get an issue like this. Never had an issue like this with our sparks, but I guess that's the difference between a composite and hand made model. At least oxai are willing to help which makes me feel good about it. That spark is an awesome aerie so hurry up and build yours I need a back up aerie.