RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Pattern Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/)
-   -   Sebart Wind 110 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/7905478-sebart-wind-110-a.html)

Jetdesign 11-29-2011 09:22 AM

RE: Sebart Wind 110

ORIGINAL: hilson87

Having some fun with my new Wind 110.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJg_7...el_video_title
Can't see the video right now - but what do you think?

I just pulled my ESC to send back to Castle. Have a Hacker A50 and a new ESC for another plane, think I'm going to 'test' it in the Wind first. Really curious to see the difference in flight characteristics with the lighter weight. If I switch to 4000mah 10S packs I can save something like 220g and still fly a long time.

hilson87 11-29-2011 09:24 AM

Hmm...The link works for me..

Fun with my new Wind 110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJg_7...el_video_title

Jetdesign 11-29-2011 09:29 AM

no, just at work, can't access things like youtube.

hilson87 11-29-2011 11:46 AM

Another video we shot of my wind 110 yesterday....this makes 8 flights so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT4FO...el_video_title

Blake

Jetdesign 11-29-2011 12:08 PM

Jesus, nice flying Blake. I love to see that kind of precision in 3d, just beautiful.

hezik 11-29-2011 12:36 PM

No, not nice flying. Stop abusing this plane and start flying precision pattern. Either that, or buy a 3D plane.

;) < please DO notice this smiley!!!

Jetdesign 11-30-2011 09:45 AM

Hey Blake, are you using the 3D tail kit?

jgg215 11-30-2011 10:02 AM

Yes he is. You can see the elevator counterbalances in the video. Of course that automatically removes the "precision pattern" requirement.

Jetdesign 11-30-2011 10:08 AM

Something tells me he'd fare pretty well in a pattern contest, regardless of the setup or flying style. Maybe flying 3D, but really with a lot of control. Probably more than most of us reading this thread :eek:

Nice display of what this plane can do.

hilson87 11-30-2011 10:39 AM

I competed in pattern for 2 years. 2007 and 2008. 07 i flew sportsman and 08 i went to the NATS in intermediate.

And then in 09 i joined the Army and havent really gotten to fly much at all since i joined. But i ETS next year and i might continue with pattern after i get out..but im not really sure yet...

Blake

jgg215 11-30-2011 12:05 PM

Blake,
Looks to me like you are all set for a return to pattern with both flying skills and airplane if that is what you decide to do.
Are you in El Paso now? or is that home?
We have two pattern contests a year in Albuquerque and would love to have you come up and join us next summer.
John<br type="_moz"/>

hilson87 11-30-2011 12:10 PM

I should be here for another year im stationed at Ft.Bliss. Home is Orlando, FL. I flew out of D3..I might join you but it depends on my Military schedule ofcourse whether i have time o actually learn any pattern or not. So we will see.

Jetdesign 11-30-2011 01:18 PM

yeah hard to find time to learn anything these days. not as much practice or improvement out of me as i was hoping for.

on a positive note though, my plane is an absolute missile right now. flew in crazy winds over the weekend, only 2500mah used per flight and gobs and gobs of power.

can relate to your thoughts (hilson) about the neu and ease of an outrunner - this is exactly how i felt when i tried a ys for the first time, amazed. that was until it started acting up and never flew right again for me.

i did leave the firewall in-tact for switch back to outrunner though, just in case. will be using my hacker pretty soon just to play with a lighter setup (inspired by hilson's videos!).
i don't think my plane with the 5000mah packs would do well for low, slow, 3D flight but it definitely holds it's own flying straight (and vertical) and in wind.

Bill Clark 12-02-2011 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: hilson87

and 08 i went to the NATS in intermediate

Blake
you forgot to mention..........you won
http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/...p;subevent=402
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

jmcmike 01-05-2012 10:27 AM

Hey Guys,
I know im late to this party but I just picked up a nib wind 110 red version and im gathering parts! Came with a nib recomended hacker motor so I will be going the hacker route and wanted to know if I can use my existing castle 85hv and 3850mah 5s thunderpower batts or will I have to go buy batteries with more mah? I dont fly contests but am a closet pattern fan! Thanks MIke

rcpattern 01-05-2012 10:33 AM

JMCMike,

Your stock setup there should work fine. You wont have any issues with that. You could easily fly Sportsman, and Intermediate, and probably even Advanced with those packs on that plane,

Arch

kris1 01-05-2012 10:47 AM

I use this setup on a 16 x 10 or 12 and 10S works very well.. Make sure that the motor box and mount have glue...

Kris

jmcmike 01-05-2012 11:50 AM

Well thats good news, always nice to use what you have laying around. I will have to buy servos, any thoughts on them? I do fly both futaba and jr brands so im not loyal to just one brand. Ive had good luck using castle pro bec to feed the rx on my inspire 90 but am thinking of the lipo + reg or power box switch this time, what do you guys think?

Jetdesign 01-05-2012 02:31 PM

I use 2 450mah lipos and 2 plr regulators from tech-aero. very light and i like redundancy.

I went with Airtronics servos. They're not bad, but I'd probably go with the recommended JRs for a drop-in fit in the stab if I were to do it again. The Atx's were a lot smaller and needed a mounting plate, but it was tough to work in there.

MachLoop 01-05-2012 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: jmcmike

Hey Guys,
I know im late to this party but I just picked up a nib wind 110 red version and im gathering parts! Came with a nib recomended hacker motor so I will be going the hacker route and wanted to know if I can use my existing castle 85hv and 3850mah 5s thunderpower batts or will I have to go buy batteries with more mah? I dont fly contests but am a closet pattern fan! Thanks MIke
I fly a Wind 110 with stock motorona 10s setup using Power Unlimited batterys (4900 mah). I fly Sportsman. If memory serves correctly, thesequence takes about 5 min 30 sec although Iroutinely practice with 8 minute flights, landing with ~60% spent. I would extend the time on each flight but 8 minutes really is enough. With the 10s setup Iturn an APC17x10 prop. No heat problems. That motor is actually rated by Hacker for 8s through 10s setups.

Be sure to check the balance of the included spinner and backplate as well as check balance on your prop. Ihave no vibration problems but others have. Also check the glue joints around the firewall mount.Finallly, depending on kit you may or may not have appropriate M4 bolts for mounting the motor. I did not. Chris Moon (F3AUnlimited) gave me the tip to pick up M4 Pan Head hexbolts from the RCcars section of the hobby shop. Worked beautifully.

You are lucky - it appears theRed Scheme is no longer available!

Bill Clark 01-05-2012 05:40 PM

I am putting together a 110 also and went with the Tech Aero dual reg/batt setup. I have used the BEC pro forhundreds of flightson this size (3D) plane andmy heliwithout any issues but get the feeling my days are numbered so I went to the redundant setup. I am using BLS 153 x2 on the elev, 451 on the rdr, and 551 on the ailerons. the servos were damn near as much as the airframe but I look at it as an investment to be transfered (with the exception of the 451) to a 2m in the future. I thought they discontinued the red scheme too so i second you are lucky. that was my first choice. Thanks Joe on the throw advice

Bill Clark 01-05-2012 05:44 PM

http://www.tech-aero.net/plr5-dr2

rcpattern 01-06-2012 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Bill Clark

I am putting together a 110 also and went with the Tech Aero dual reg/batt setup. I have used the BEC pro for hundreds of flights on this size (3D) plane and my heli without any issues but get the feeling my days are numbered so I went to the redundant setup. I am using BLS 153 x2 on the elev, 451 on the rdr, and 551 on the ailerons. the servos were damn near as much as the airframe but I look at it as an investment to be transfered (with the exception of the 451) to a 2m in the future. I thought they discontinued the red scheme too so i second you are lucky. that was my first choice. Thanks Joe on the throw advice

ORIGINAL: Bill Clark

I am putting together a 110 also and went with the Tech Aero dual reg/batt setup. I have used the BEC pro for hundreds of flights on this size (3D) plane and my heli without any issues but get the feeling my days are numbered so I went to the redundant setup. I am using BLS 153 x2 on the elev, 451 on the rdr, and 551 on the ailerons. the servos were damn near as much as the airframe but I look at it as an investment to be transfered (with the exception of the 451) to a 2m in the future. I thought they discontinued the red scheme too so i second you are lucky. that was my first choice. Thanks Joe on the throw advice
Bill,

Ed is working on a reg now specifically for heli's. It limits the voltage to the gyro/tail servo, but allows you to use higher voltages for the other servos. Works really well. I have been playing with it in my T-Rex 600.

Arch

rcflyer48 03-22-2012 05:55 PM

Sorry to ask but the Neu 1512 motor is made by whom?
Do you like it for the Wind 110 over the Hacker motors?
Thanks

rcflyer48 03-22-2012 05:57 PM

Sorry to ask but the Neu 1512 motor is made by whom?
Do you like it for the Wind 110 over the Hacker motors?
Thanks