RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Pattern Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/)
-   -   Sebart Miss Wind S 50E (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/8633615-sebart-miss-wind-s-50e.html)

Ricardo M. 03-30-2009 11:23 PM

Sebart Miss Wind S 50E

1 Attachment(s)
Does anybody have any information when this beauty will be available ? The power plant is the same as the Angel S 50. Same weight but a few inches smaller. Attached some photos.

Thanks

Aladdin 03-31-2009 12:24 AM

RE: Sebart Miss Wind S 50E

Take a look at this::D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryM9T...e=channel_page

Ricardo M. 03-31-2009 07:42 AM

Aladdin, I know that in this forum are lots of information about the Angel 50S. I am looking for information on the Miss Wind 50 S.

Aladdin 03-31-2009 10:56 AM

Wrong link...sorry!
This is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryM9T...e=channel_page

mikehannah 03-31-2009 01:05 PM

Hi
It looks very nice but when are we going to get info on the Wind S Pro 2 metre monoplane job that is advertised on Seb's website. It has been @coming soon@ for almost 4 months now and not a cheap.

Mike

Aladdin 03-31-2009 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sebastiano is testing the 2mt monoplane, he will compete at the italian championships.

mikehannah 04-01-2009 08:52 AM

Hi
When are the Italian championships?
If I ever plant my Angel S I would go for the Miss Wind 50. But as I am rather fond of my Angel I am hoping she will be with me for a long time to come.

Mike

schroedm 04-09-2009 06:27 AM

Does anyone know if this needs 4 aileron servos or 2? Can't see any top to bottom connectors on the ailerons so am assuming 4?

I can see my Angel S50 airframe going up for sale :)

Aladdin 04-09-2009 07:16 AM

Four aileron servos ;)

tIANci 06-29-2009 03:06 AM

I was informed by my LHS that this baby may be arriving here in August, anyone owned and flown her yet?

tIANci 08-21-2009 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
She has finally arrived! I got her today and here are some pics for you guys to look at. She is slim, the fuse is nice and slim, much slimmer than the Angel S. The wings are just amazingly thin. Also, I was most surprised that the plane comes with a set of wing bags. Nice touch! The workmanship is superb and I love it.

My set up will be a follows:

Motor - Hyperion Z4025-12
ESC - Turnigy 80A
Batt - Rhino 20C 5S 4,900
Servo - Hitec 5085 (ailerons), Hitec 5485 (elevator/rudder)
Regulator - Hyperion TICOOL

Will start on the build thread next week!

eagle1026 08-21-2009 07:43 AM

[:o] Been looking at this plane for a few weeks now but since i'm in states its almost imposible to get a Sebart product. Tried getting an angel s 50 back in the spring and their still on backorder.

tIANci 08-21-2009 07:52 AM

I was lucky ... hehehe ...

mola 08-22-2009 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I maidened mine today, and I can only say that it flies as good as it looks! The rudder authority is incredible, knife-edge loops are easy with this model. Also the snap rolls are very nice and crisp, it stops when you release the sticks. I guess this is due to the very light weight wings. The wings by the way are fully sheeted and not an open structure behind the D-box like most ARF's out there, and the wings do seem to be very strong and rigid while being very light at the same time.

One issue with my kit, there was a misallignment between the wing struts and the fuselage mounting of the top-wing on mine. Don't know if this is a general issue or just mine that was built this way. It was possible to put on the top wing, but it twisted to complete structure. After thinking about it some time I decided to modify the struts instead of the fuselage mounting. In total the misallignment was 5mm, and by taking off 2.5mm on one end of the bottom taps and on the other end on the top taps I managed to get things even. This is not the perfect solution since you are effectively changing where the struts are placed in the wings, so you will change the incidence of the top wing slightly. I could however feel no ill effects in the air.

Also on my second flight today I heard a crack in the air while doing some knife-edge snaps (it does those very well ;) by the way), and landed immediately to check for any damages. I couldn't find any damages until I lifted the top wing at the center, it seemed like the front top support had broken. after removing the top wing I found the point of failure. It was the front mounting tap where a piece of hardwood had come undone. The hardwood is glued between two thin pieces of plywood, and apparently the loads had caused the glue joint to fail. I have now glued this back and given it a carbon bandage on top and down the sides as a reinforcement.

Well enough talking here are the pictures...

mola 08-22-2009 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And some photos of the modifications and the damaged front support...

tIANci 08-22-2009 11:54 PM

Morten ... she looks so lovely! Any mixing required for the KE etc? How about differential? Throttle-elevator mix? I can't wait to get mine up. :)

mola 08-23-2009 01:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Tianci,

I only had two flights, so I have not dailed in any mixers yet. In the included set-up sheet some mixers are recommended, but I think they depend on where you have placed the CG. My first impression is actually that my Miss Wind S goes slightly to the canopy in knife edge, whereas the mixers mentioned in the set-up sheet indicate that it should be going to the belly instead. I think my CG is probably closer to 100mm than 120mm from the leading edge of the top wing, so that could be the explanation.

Anyway there are no drastic mixers needed even though it is a biplane, so it seems SEBA did his homework once again :D

By the way my set-up is:

Motor: Hacker A50-16S
ESC: Hacker/Jeti Master Basic 70 SB
Prop: APC E 16x10
Batt.: 6S 4900mAh 20C Rhino
Aileron servos: Hitec HS-65HB
Rudder/elevator servos: MPX TIGER DIGI 4
RX: Futaba R608FS FASST

tIANci 08-23-2009 01:52 AM

Morten you are right ... each of us like the CG at different places. Best to fly her and get to know her well. :) Only HS65HBs? Wow ... I wish you had posted this a few days ago ... my pal and me got the 5085s.

mola 08-23-2009 02:30 AM

Hi Tianci,

I don't know about the 5085's, but with the HS-65HB you actually have to sand a little off the aileron servo bays to fit the servos, so I think it was meant for the sub-micro servos.

tIANci 08-23-2009 02:47 AM

We measured ... I may need some dremel work, slight bit only. :) I just dry fitted my plane ... she is slim and low! How did you locate the holes for the CF rods? I am thinking to use a pin to prod about ...

mola 08-23-2009 08:17 AM

I used a new sharp #11 blade to locate the holes and cut the film away. There are multiple layers of film in this area, so it can be a bit difficult to find the holes.

Had an additional 4 flights today without incident, this is a very good model. You have to get used to the extra wing, but otherwise it has some very good properties. Too bad that the "full size" 2M version from Oxai is so expensive...

tIANci 08-23-2009 10:35 AM

Morten ... yeah, the multiple layers make it hard to locate. The 2M version would have been fun if it were affordable. The video of Seb flying P09 with the 2M one was nice ... she seems so smooth.

nxtdoor 08-23-2009 11:00 AM

Where are these in stock in the world? Sebart never seems to be in stock here in the US.

Jeff

tIANci 08-23-2009 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeff ... If you are lucky you can come across them. :)

See how flat and slender she is ...

mola 08-23-2009 02:46 PM

Hi Jeff,

I got mine from Lorenz in Germany. Don't know if he will ship to the States... Write him an e-mail, he is quite good at English.

[link=http://www.f3alorenz.de/]http://www.f3alorenz.de/[/link]