Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pylon Racing Discuss all aspects of electric pylon racing here.

EF 1 Rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EF 1 Rules

I just read the rules I don't understand why the weight limit on batteries Do we have to check the batteries of all the entrants before we allow them to enter a race? What is the purpose of this Rule??? Seems like it puts limit on battery selction Can someone explain???
Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Iceman67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF 1 Rules

The reason for this is to control the amount of power available. The higher power batteries are a bit heavier. If we opened up the battery rule, the power to the motor would go up tremendously and it would become a battery war. All competition electric events have a rule like this to attempt to keep the performance close so that it becomes a flying event, not just keeping up with the Jones'

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, IN
Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 AM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the reasoning but I think that it will be a very difficult rule to enforce I think if you used the battery specs it would make a much easier rule to enforce Like Battery must be"No more than four cells and no more than 3000 mah 30C " and what if a model would need two 2 cell packs because of space problems
Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Albert,

A two cell, or any other cell count than four, wouldn't work with any of the approved motors for obvious reasons. The battery rule actually works quite well at keeping things even.