Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pylon Racing
Reload this Page >

Shoestring battery removal????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pylon Racing Discuss all aspects of electric pylon racing here.

Shoestring battery removal????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shoestring battery removal????

Hi!
Been involved in Pylonracing for the last thirty years and are now going to try electric pylon with the Horizon Shoestring.
But I cannot for the life of me understnd how the battery should be removed/changed in the Shoestring.
When I push the motor cowl rearward as much as possible to get a good fit against the wing and canopy I cannot push the canopy forward so I cannot remove/change the battery?
The small indentation in the front of the canopy is covered by the motor cowl. And as such I cannot move the canopy forward to release the taps under the canopy floor.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Russ_The_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shoestring battery removal????

Hi jaka. If you can remove the hatch put a piece of extreme packing tape under the edge of it to act as a pull string. In this way you can easily remove the hatch.

Hope that helped.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:10 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Shoestring battery removal????

Hi!
I finnaly managed to get my brain working! It was really very easy (to remove the canopy that is...). Just squeezing the engine cowl together (left and right side) and pushing the canopy forward/under the engine cowl...and voila! Canopy removed!