Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

can I charge my tiny coaxial with a real lipo charger instead of from the radio?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

can I charge my tiny coaxial with a real lipo charger instead of from the radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
maddmatt02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I charge my tiny coaxial with a real lipo charger instead of from the radio?

I got this cheap little http://www.xheli.com/new3ch98miin.html and the manual says the green light will flash while charging, and then stay on when its charged. well, the best i can figure it is that it actually charges when the green light is on, and I come back a little later and the green light is off. but this thing only has the juice to climb from the floor to the ceiling and hover for maybe 3-4 seconds and then power falls to where it is only hovering a couple inches off the ground but I can do that for maybe 5 more minutes and then it hits its cutoff.

now it supposedly has a single cell 180mah lipo, so say I have a HK eco6 10 charger and can charge at .1A, could I cut the lead from the controller and put the correct plug on the cut end, and plug the other end into the heli and let her rip?

I assume that since when the switch is off the heli has no power, that the battery is then isolated so that I wont mess up any electronics trying to charge it this way. I think it might actually give the battery a better charge as well and maybe I can fly longer.

other things I am thinking about doing to help is disable the LEDs, there are two white ones up front and one that flashes alternating between blue, red, and green. I know LEDs barely take any power, but when the battery is about dead, and I hit the throttle, the LEDs just about go out completely, so even though they take no power they are starving for it at that point, so i think with such a tiny battery, not illuminating them could help a bit. plus I am going to take it apart and cut out some of the unneeded aluminum webbing, and anything else I can do to lighten it up to improve performance

I thought of also trying to use a heat gun and soften the rotors and try and give them a little more pitch, but I will make that a last ditch effort to get this thing working because Im sure all I will do is ruin the thing trying that.