Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Charging S107

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 AM
2Funky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging S107

I bought a S107 for my nephew for Christmas. He live an hour away so I finally got to give it to him last night. But he called me later and told me it would not charge from the USB port or from the controller. Anyone else ever had this problem?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Maladroit

Default RE: Charging S107

Hi!
I'm a complete n00b here (1st post) but I had trouble with my S107 charging on day #2. It landed softly, but then shutdown completely and would not turn back on or take a charge.
I took off the 2 screws that hold the body in place and immediately saw the ground lead from the battery was loose.

I turned the unit on again and touched the black ground to the closest front solder and the LEDs came on immediately. The connection was sort've clumped with solder @ the front left corner of the circuit deck. (It was very easy to see.)

So I broke out my soldering iron, reattached the black ground lead and the S107 was flying a half-hour later.

So that might be the problem.

Good luck!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 AM
2Funky

His will turn on,LED's work ad everything but the lights on the usb cord and transmitter do not change when he plugs it in
Old 01-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Maladroit

When you plug-in the USB, the light will not come on until the battery is charged.

The USB end will illuminate when you plug it into your computer, but will go out when plugged into the helicopter, but when it is fully-charged, the light should turn on again. Thtat's how you'll know it's charged.
Charging can take 30-40 minutes,BTW.

Best of luck.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
2Funky

Got all that I have one I've been flying for a couple of months. The problem is his light doesn't go out when yu plug the heli into the cord.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM
MattE71

Ihad a whole buch of issues with mine charging / not charging. At first when I hit the throttle, the blades would start to spin and then the helicopter would go dead, until Iturned it off and then back on. After that it had an electrical smell when charging and the baldes started turning even with the power off, whileplugged in to the USB. Then it wouldn't work at all. Isent it back and the second one works fine...most of the time.

Try this: http://www.micro-helicopters.net/sym...ry-replacement

Inow have the bug for a big swing wing. I am going to order a T-rex 500 along with a Phoenix Simulator.