Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

The Dynam bit the dirt last night

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

The Dynam bit the dirt last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 AM
winginman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dynam bit the dirt last night

Hovering at about 6 feet the heli suddenly lost power and dropped.Lost a set of blades, bent the feathering shaft and main shaft. I ran through a check of the electronics on the bench and everything seems to work fine. Anyone have any idea or had this happen? I have thought of several possible causes such as radio failure, ESC failure or some kind of interference. Shouldn't be a range issue since I was 10 feet away. Tx is DX6i and receiver is a clone. After repair I will be testing with very low hovering to see if it happens again and if it does try to pinpoint the problem. Have another Rx on order may change it out just in case. Or I have heard about brown outs where Rx does not get enough power and goes into signal loss mode in this case cutting throttle...This is all speculation anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
winginman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Dynam bit the dirt last night

I looks like I may have pushed a battery too far or had an ESC overheat due to extended hover time with the canopy on. Something I will be looking out for in the future.