Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Crashed E-Razor 450

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Crashed E-Razor 450

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
tradami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed E-Razor 450

Alright so I crashed my helicopter. I didn't think the damage was that bad but apparently I was wrong. I fixed everything up:New landing gear, new flybar, new blade but that's about it. I went to fly my helicopter today and it wouldn't get off the ground. The main rotor would not get up to speed. After looking at it, I realize it's because it's not balanced right. I take off the blades to check it again and I noticed nothing changed. I tried it at low speed to see if the main rotor shaft was bent but it doesnt look like it. I was inspecting the main rotor housing and I found a screw stuck in it that was sheared off.

I'm looking at my exploded view but I can't tell but does that screw secure the main rotor housing to the shaft?

If it does, what's the proper way to disassemble this helicopter so I can change the main rotor shaft. (This is my worst fear).

The blades will still spin, just not fast enough to get off the ground. It's not the motor and the battery is fully charged. Either something is bent, disconnected or missing. =/

EDIT: After looking at it more i realized that the rotor head moves up and down, when it's down it spins freely but when I pull it up to where it should be it engages like it should always be. The screw that holds it here has been sheared off. How can I take the rotor head off?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
ptb

Default RE: Crashed E-Razor 450

Take the bolt on the bottom of the main gear out, remove the ball links connected to the swash plate, and pull straight up,
the rotor head and shaft will come out .
While you have the head out, i would replace the feathering shaft also . (that's the part that hold's your blade grips together .
Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
tradami

As far as I know the feathering shaft is fine. I cannot get another one anyways because I have the carbon fiber edition and I cannot find a place that carries the right one. The carbon fiber edition has a larger feathering shaft than the regular 450.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
tradami

I'm just going to replace the whole main shaft
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
craig_rainey

the blades not spinning fast enough is the same problem im having, i have had to replace a servo, but now im getting to the point in need to figure out what else i need to change in order for the blades to engage properly so i can get it off the ground.  is the main shaft what was wrong with yours?  I checked the screws that seem like they would secure the housing to the shaft and all to make sure they were all tight, and i didn't have any sheared screws......just wondering if you may have had to check anything else out

this is my first heli of this size and i love learning stuff like this, so im trying not to take mine to a shop to have it looked at
Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 AM
winginman

I feel your pain. I replaced my feathering shaft, but still had too much vibration so I am waiting on a main shaft. It apparently does not take much to bend the feathering shaft or the main shaft. I checked the balance on the new blades and they are right on. I am thinking the main shaft will solve the vibration problem. Next time I will have one on hand...