Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EXI 450 Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EXI 450 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 AM
SharpProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXI 450 Problem

I have a weird issue that I need somebody to help me with. I have an EXI 450. I'm having a blast with this thing but I ran into an issue last weekend. I was flying around for a while doing loops and rolls. I flew at least half of the pack (4 - 4.5 minutes), but the wind was gusty so I decided to give it a rest for a bit. An hour or so later the wind calmed down so I decided to fly the rest of the pack. I figured I had about 2 or 3 more minutes left. So I flew for a bit and noticed that the motor sounded like it would cut out for a half second at a time. Just a blip here and there, then it would pick back up. This was different than when the voltage drops too low and the ESC reduces power. After 2 or 3 motor "blips" I decided to bring it down to a waste high hover and observe it. (should have landed) Then I heard the motor blip again. all of a sudden it was like the motor had half power and the whole heli keeled over sideways.

Not much damage, but I need to figure out where to trouble shoot the problem. It sounds like some solder has loosened up somewhere, but loosing control of the heli is baffling me. The problem is, everything was working fine after a picked the heli up. I'm wondering if maybe the servos were still operating but maybe I didn't have the head speed to be able to keep the heli level. Maybe these little helis don't have the momentum to autorotate down as well as a nitro??? If this is the case then maybe that is the cause of my loss of control, and my problem lies between the ESC and motor. Otherwise I had a radio lockout, or my ESC is bad. ??????
Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 AM
dditch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXI 450 Problem

sounds like esc or battery to me if you lost control.