Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
areias82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!

Hi! I'm a newbie in this helicopter thing, but everyone as to start someday
I just bought a Eagle II RC Tech team on my holidays in London but now that im back i've already snaped the 2 tail rotor of it
Now i cant fly (try to glue it ) and i can't find a site to buy spares... And when i find there are a lot of sizes and specific measures that a newbie like me can't understand.
Can anyone help me please?
Here the photo of the helicopter:
Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Beachcomber

Default RE: Need help!

I feel your pain, Areias. And don't feel bad about being a beginner. As you said, we all started there.

My best advice is to search the internet for a web site that sells that brand. And if you don't understand, send them an e-mail describing what you need to replace.

Here's some basics that might help you get up to speed. That's a 3 channel Co-Axial heli. Co-Ax means it has 2 main rotors, rotating in opposite directions. And the tail rotor just tilts the heli forward or backward to control flight in those directions. One channel is throttle, another channel is called "yaw" which means point the heli right or left. And third channel is fly forward or backward. I'm not familiar with your brand, but am guessing your controller is probably infrared rather than radio control, which means it does not like sunlight. So don't try to fly outside. You'll lose control and it might fly away.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the hobby.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 AM
areias82

hi! Beachcomber!

They sold me as a 4 channel.. ;( It isen't?

About the controler i'm 100% sure that it's a radio one...

Can't find any site of the brand (RC Tech team) and cant find any tail blades on internet...

Need heeellpppp!!! Anyone???
Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Beachcomber

If it's radio instead of infrared, that's a good thing. You can fly outside as long as there's no wind.

Based on what I see in the picture, I'm pretty sure it's 3 channel. It says that on the front of controller, bottom left. Generally 4 channel Co-Ax don't have a tail rotor at all. Instead have a swashplate under the lower main blades.

Try to search for something else, like Eagle II RC helicopter, or something. You'll get a lot of unrelated stuff, but might get lucky. Use Google or Yahoo for search.

As a last resort, there are other brands of 3 channel small helis on the market. Might try a part from a different brand to see if it fits, like the tail rotor. Try search for 3 channel heli parts, or something. Tail rotor and motor are probably the same size, for similar size helis.

I know it's frustrating. Many times I see threads asking what kind of heli to buy. Large percentage of answers say whatever brand you can get parts for. Guess they know about crashing. Good luck, don't give up.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
aircrash

Well, most probably you will not find this make as it may be relabeled.

What you can do.
Measure the total length of your helicopter and this will give you its class.
Then go to Syma (or other 3ch helicopter maker) and see which is close to your`s.
Buy a spare part for this similar model. Still it may not fit but it will be the closest that you could buy as tail blades for such helicopters do not have any specs when they are sold.
Measuring helicopter`s weight too would be better to find a similar helicopter.

As I can see it is a bigger than a Syma S107(G) and it must be about like one of those two:
http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1843.html
http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1840.html

In any way do not install a larger or shorter in length tail blade, except if the difference is too little like a millimeter or two. Else it will burn out the tail motor.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:36 PM
areias82

Thank you everybody for your help!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
areias82

By the way... Should i buy a helicopter with 2 main blades or with only one? What's the difference? Why 2?

Which one of this 2 is the best and should i buy?: 220 x 82 x 54mm (V911)

This one (220 x 82 x 54 mm)?

Or this one?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Beachcomber

I have no experience with either of those helis, but here's some general info that might help.

Two main rotors going in opposite directions is called Co-Axial, and are the easiest heli to fly. The reason is they are more stable, and tend to stay in one place until you give a control to move (once you have it trimmed properly). The trade off for all this nice stability is you give up some control authority, meaning you can't fly fast or against much wind.

The next easiest to fly is single rotor fixed pitch with 45 degree flybar, which looks like the single rotor you have pictured. You lose some stability but gain control authority. Meaning it won't just sit and hover in one place while you daydream or something. You have to give it full attention and constantly give small control inputs to hover. This gives you the ability to fly faster, and handle more wind without blowing you backwards.

Next up the difficulty scale is single rotor fixed pitch with 90 degree flybar. Even less stable, but more control. Will totally crash if you look away for a moment, but will fly all over the place if you tell it to (if you're good enough). Don't let anyone tell you these are easy to fly.

Top of the scale is single rotor collective pitch (CP) with either 90 degree flybar or flybarless. Not less stable than previous heli, but more complicated to set up and repair. Can fly upside down (if you're good enough). Not for beginners at all.

Oh, and don't forget to make sure you can buy replacement parts for whatever you choose. Guess you already figured that out.

And 2.4 GHz is the best choice for radio frequency.