Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best Online Deals

Hey everyone.. Kinda had a two-sided question for you all.. Wanted to see if you could help me out.
    I am thinking about getting into Electric Helis.

Have been doing cars for some time now.. And I'm finally financially stable enough to be able to invest in this expensive hobby. I've previously tried helicopters, however, after a couple of crashes.. It became tough on me to afford the repairs. I definitely will get the Realflight simulator again.. But.. Looking to see what you guys think are the best combo deals out there..

I am in Kansas, so, definitely have higher winds. So, probably looking 450's. I don't have a TX.. Would need to invest in a good starter pack. So, other than that. Tell me what you guys think?? Any suggestions would be great? Links are even beter.

Thanks for all your help!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Best Online Deals

I'd look into a used Dx6i and maybe a 500 instead of a 450. Bit bigger & more stable. The Sim is a great idea practice alot on that then get the heli and work on basic hovering orientations. Start with tail in. Then one side and then the other. Once your comfortable with that try nose in. From there basic circuits, figure eights etc.
    If you'd be interested in the 500 let me know. I have one I want to sell cheap needs a little work. My heli budget has gone to hell, & can't aford to keep 3 in the air any longer. Downsizeing my fleet to just my 450 and 550e. If you are interested send, me an e-mail to augerin2@aol.com I have pic etc
    good luck
    Jim R
    Jimmy R
    SE Mass
    Trex 450
    Trex 500 ESP now as of 12/25/10
    Trex 550e
    Blade MSR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Best Online Deals

http://www.hobbycool.com/450-sport-r...ter-p-377.html sport 450 RTF

http://www.hobbycool.com/450-pro-rtf...ter-p-378.html 450 Pro RTF.

Everything needed to fly plus a nice aluminium case to carry it around all for only $199 shipped!

Trex 550e FBL - Scorpion 4025-1100kv -18T , CC ICE100, CC bec pro, Mikado Mini-Vstabi , DS610 cyclic, DS650 on tail.