Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

problem with controller for wl toys vl 911

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

problem with controller for wl toys vl 911

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 AM
rcpilot1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with controller for wl toys vl 911

Hi i have just moved from coax to single rotor fixed pitch helis.My father and i both got wl toys vl 911 helis and i found the radio has a little gauge to measure the right stick movement as in back/left/right and forward.My problem is that while there are these little bars that build up on the gauge when i move the right stick left/right/and backwards.No bars at all build up when i move the stick forward.I checked my fathers radio and his does.This is the gauge that shows the high rates and low rates.If i push the button on the top left of the controller.The bars on the gauge will increase in numbers and decrease.I just need an opinion as to weather i should go through the trouble of sending it back or just keeping it.I have flown the bird and it flys fine the forward controll works but the high low rate gauge does not recognize forward movement of the right stick.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
MassiveOverkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problem with controller for wl toys vl 911

There's a better following on the V911 here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/micro-helis-42/

If you're heli flies fine\identical to your Dad's, then I wouldn't worry about the bars.  They're only really useful to tell you whether you're in basic or advanced rates when you initially start flying. 

Now if you don't have full range of motion, that's another thing, but it sounds like you do.  If your heli flies the same with your Dad's TX as when you use yours, and it's only the display that's not updating, I wouldn't waste the time to send it back.