Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Lipo battery question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Lipo battery question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
RCVTRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo battery question

Ok so i have one of those $45 gyro 3ch rc helis. It runs off of an internal lipo, i dont know the size. But i have a REAL 5 ch plane that uses lipos that will fit the helis connector, they are 7.4v 1000mah. Are they safe to use? Im worried that because they are bigger they might fry it.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipo battery question

yes it probably will fry something as  the small coax heli is prob only a 3.7v batt  and the weight of the 7.4v lipo would probably  be a great strain on the  heli  due to its weight.  but  i dont think there is any such thing as a internal lipo (if it is a lipo)  it has to come out some way  just take a close look for some small screws  you will figure it out after looking at it hopefully. pop a make and model of the heli or google it and add replacement battery