Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Estes Proto X Quad Nano.

This is is a tiny Little Quad and it actually works. it is gyro stabilized. it comes with the Flight Battery installed and A USB cord to charge it. Requires 2 AA for the little transmitter.
    It flys well But the stick has a bad resolution. Does anyone know what the modulation is. It won't bind with FHSS I tried that . it would be a blast with a good transmitter. If you find a better transmitter let us know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween 005.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	541.1 KB 
ID:	1936864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween 006.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	572.1 KB 
ID:	1936865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween 007.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	559.1 KB 
ID:	1936866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween 008.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	499.8 KB 
ID:	1936868  
    AMA #70046 Jet Junkie!

Without Gravity, Your Lockout Jet becomes Space Junk.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The Hubsan X4 transmitter will work - and gives added features.
    Charlie P. (NY) "Gravity is weak but persistant".

AMA 747089/IMAA 30723

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The single most stable model I've ever flown in 50 years of modeling.
    AMA #70046 Jet Junkie!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It is a blast. I don't have the Hubsan X4 Tx myself and am getting pretty used to the dinky Tx it comes with.

I have four cats and they are enthralled with the little quad.

The USB charger is great - like right now I just had the light go off so I'm ready for another flight as I browse forums at my PC.

One trick not in the manual is to let it sit on a level surface after you have linked and hold full right yaw (no throttle) and then snap the "aileron" side to side quickly until the blue led's blink. This recalibrates the gyros/accelerometers/whatevers. I was initially worried that it didn't have a yaw trim - but this has eliminated any tendency to rotate on its own.

AMA 747089/IMAA 30723

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That's cool. My cats love as we'll. I have 2 so more flight time while charge. Tries the reset, and It worked for me as we..
    Last edited by drdoom; 01-07-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    AMA #70046 Jet Junkie!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have one also and run the newest x4 controller. I love this little quad. Very stable and I can zip it around fast outside! Priced at 34.95 it's a must own! Hobby town has some $4.95 replacement batteries.
    Trucks: Brushless Traxxas E-Revo , Brushless Cen GST, Traxxas Summit (Dewalt 820 pending)
    Quads: DJI PHANTOM w/FPV, Blade MQX, V222, Hubsan X4, Proto X, (Ecks Custom Build..)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. View Post
    It is a blast. I don't have the Hubsan X4 Tx myself and am getting pretty used to the dinky Tx it comes with.

I have four cats and they are enthralled with the little quad.

The USB charger is great - like right now I just had the light go off so I'm ready for another flight as I browse forums at my PC.

One trick not in the manual is to let it sit on a level surface after you have linked and hold full right yaw (no throttle) and then snap the "aileron" side to side quickly until the blue led's blink. This recalibrates the gyros/accelerometers/whatevers. I was initially worried that it didn't have a yaw trim - but this has eliminated any tendency to rotate on its own.
    I assume you are using the Hubsan X4 TX when doing this calibration and not the stock TX that comes with the quad?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Nope. The little stock Tx is all that I have. Though I did add "cheater" stick extensions for fine control.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1117_zps889a2424.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	1962420

AMA 747089/IMAA 30723

Anyone know how to reset to default trim on this little guy? Mine seems to spin out of control once I lost one rotor blade , but after replacement cannot seem to find 0/0 trim. ???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    rckr1949 try this, and make sure that you used the correct propeller. Im sure you did, but might check. rckr1949 is online now One trick not in the manual is to let it sit on a level surface after you have linked and hold full right yaw (no throttle) and then snap the "aileron" side to side quickly until the blue led's blink. This recalibrate the gyros/accelerometers whatevers. I was initially worried that it didn't have a yaw trim - but this has eliminated any tendency to rotate on its own.
    AMA #70046 Jet Junkie!

Thanks! I did the bit a couple of times. Thinking my gyro is dinged. Must take a patient approach to adjusting trim as it just continues to flip on power increase. Even this is fun tho...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wish I'd have said that. ;-)

If you run up and down through the trim clicks there is a higher "beep" at center. Reset to center and then do the recalibration routine
    Last edited by Charlie P.; 02-01-2014 at 07:47 PM.

AMA 747089/IMAA 30723

I suppose I'm the first person to be suffering the issue of erratic flight which is not resolvable by any of the suggestions above. I bumped and disconnected the charging cable while the Proto was charging and now it absolutely will not fly. It says not to do this in the manual.........and it would have been nice if the connector fit a bit more securely onto the charging stem of the Proto, but it doesn't. It's VERY easy to knock it off while charging.

So what to do now???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Try this, take the end of the charge cord that goes into the quad and very carefully adjust the two contact pins, they may have moved out of alignment in the plug.

I realize this may help on the sloppy fit. For now the charge system works fine, I just have a bird that can't fly.......................ESTES where is your support??????!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have a million flights on Mine. One of the Blue LEd's has checked out. Still so stable I cant believe it.
    AMA #70046 Jet Junkie!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The Hubsman x4 Tx makes all the difference, much easier to control and you can set rates.