Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Aerohawk tail motor pulsing??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Aerohawk tail motor pulsing??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:50 PM
ckjaime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerohawk tail motor pulsing??

I have an Aerohawk. Its been flying great until a recent crash. The crash wasn't even that bad, I think of it more as a "bump". The heli immediately flew again and didn't seem to have problems. But shortly later, the tail began to pulse. It will pulse about once every second or two, and turn about 45 degrees each pulse. I have changed tail motor, gear, fly bar, and main head. I can't seem to figure this one out. I am wondering if maybe the system board or gyro went bad.

Any thoughts?

James
Old 10-14-2003, 09:05 PM
telemark07

Default RE: Aerohawk tail motor pulsing??

its not a low battery....the tail cuts in and out when the battery is a bit low.....try and do a full charge and then try again.

I hope this is helpful
Old 10-14-2003, 09:25 PM
ckjaime

It's not the battery. Although it is very similar to the symptoms of a low battery. I have tried 5 or 6 times to charge and discharge the battery. I have done this with both of my batts. No difference at all with a fully charged one. Does anyone think it may be low batteries in the remote control?

James
Old 10-15-2003, 03:46 PM
astrocyl

Might be the motor itself. The brush inside the motor may be damaged. Mine had a crash and the tail motor is real noisy plus the spin speed is not consistent. After changing it with a new one, everything goes back to normal.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:00 PM
OmegaDot

Try rerouting the antenna. My SkyLark used to glitch (more frequently when the onboard battery was low) until I left about 1 foot of antenna dangling below the skids. The rest is still wrapped between the front and back skid leg on the right hand side. Seems much better now.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:13 AM
ckjaime

Thanks everyone. After seeing astrocyl's post, I checked and my tail motor is very noisy as well. So I am going to try to replace the motor with a new one. Does anyone know if a tail motor for a Piccolo will work on an Aerohawk?

Thanks again