Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Gyro help

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Chris07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro help

I recently purchased a Hummingbird package from Helihobby. They said it would come with a GWS mixer/controller and a PG-03 Gyro. Instead I got a Hummingboard that comes with Gyro and mixer in one board. So I decided to use this instead of dealing with returning it. I am having a slight misunderstanding about the Gyro.

When I hold the Heli from the front and rotate the tail to the right (clockwise) the Gyro activates and the tail blade spins. Shouldn’t it be the other way? I think it should be when I hold the Heli from the front and rotate the tail to the left the gyro should activate?? Its my understanding that a gyro counteracts the natural torque of the main rotors. If this is the case it looks like my gyro is working in the wrong direction, but I can’t seem to change it. I have tried reversing the channel with no luck.. Any ideas or is the way its working correct?
Old 12-13-2003, 12:01 PM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Gyro help

Hi,
do you have the board upside down? Are all the wires hooked up correctly?
Old 12-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Chris07

I found the manual on-line. The board has to be upside down..
Old 01-14-2004, 10:35 PM
dog1barking
My Feedback: (1)

where did you fin the manual, im tryin to figure out whatm the single controll wire gose to and the motor wire order.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:10 PM
jycm3

Help, I'm having problem too (with gyro/mixer in one unit) the tail will spin to left clockwise even adj the mixer to minmum.
i believe i got the correct setting move the move the transmitter stick to left the front of heli move to left and vise versa.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Schafe

I have Century's mixer/gyro board combo on my HB also. I really fought it for quite a while. The manual says to mount it in the area on the left side of the frame where the tail boom attaches to the frame. That would be the pilot's left side if there were one. I used zip ties to attach it. All of the wires will point forward. The mixer/gain dials will point away from the center. On my unit there are 2 wires on what should now be the top of the board. These go to the tail motor. Next are 3 wires fused together. They go to the throttle input on the RX. The next 2 wires are for the battery. The next 2 go to the main motor. The last (bottom/single) wire is for the yaw (rudder) control. It plugs on the same prong on the RX that the other similar colored wires are plugged into - orange in my case.

I had real problems countering torque for a long time. My torque problems went away when I received the newer sytle tail rotors from Century. They have "Century" molded into the blade. They are longer than the orinigal tail rotor blades I had been using. The dials on the gyro board are VERY sensitive. When I get close to having the gyro dialed in, I turn it just barely to get the correct setting. Something like 1 degree if I could measure it. The other thing that helped me a lot was removing the training gear. I guess the extra weight and the harmonics of the balls and such really play havoc with the whole thing. It flies MUCH better w/o the training gear.