Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Helihobby.com strikes again!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Helihobby.com strikes again!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 05:38 PM
kendive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helihobby.com strikes again!

If you've been following the thread on Helihobby.com problems, you'll find this to be interesting.
I finally got a response from helihobby and purchased the rest of materials (berg receiver and crystal) to make my complete package complete. BUT...when I hooked up the Hacker controller to the main heli battery and berg receiver, nothing happened. Being a newbie, I was confused why the controller BEC didn't seem to be powering the reciever. I wasted half a day trying to figure it out. Then I actually looked at the controller model number. THEY SENT THE WRONG ONE. The Hacker controller that should have been in the package had a BEC and this one has none. Thanks to helihobby again for sending me in circles with their mistakes. I had almost started rewiring everything.
I also ordered 10 mm screws and they sent 18 mm. Can these guys get anything right. They know how disappointed I am at their customer service (I've made that explicitly clear to them) but they have a completely "don't care about customers" attitude.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Double-OZERO

Default RE: Helihobby.com strikes again!

If anyone else is reading that has ordered a Hummingbird Aluminum head from them.... Were your pitch angle adjustment screw heads stripped. The Allen wrench they gave me for them doesn't fit so I got all of mine out and nothing fits it. MOTHER ******!!! Nothing fits both standard and metric. Does anyone know what size the screws are? Thread pitch and diameter?? However I'm not upset with them, I wrote Jared a couple of times and expressed my anger and after I put my anger aside and started talking part numbers and such we were able to get my problems sorted out. A couple of parts on back order and a few mistakes, no harm done. There are alot of people that really like this place and some have a bitter taste left in there mouth. Sorry to hear about your problem bro. Good Luck with that. Persistence is the Key here.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:04 PM
kendive

I'm ready to dump the ***ing thing in a box and send it back to them. It's like beating your head against a wall. Everything from them has had major issues. I can think of other ways to spend $1200 that doesn't so closely resemble torture.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:25 PM
kendive

Just called and started the dispute process with my CC and will be ready to fight Helihobby.com when necessary...
Old 12-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Double-OZERO

Maybe that's what it's going to take to get their efforts directed more towards the customer. To each his own, good luck and let us know how they handle it. You know were they curtious and polite and did they tell you they would be happy to oblige.... OR DID THEY FIGHT YA TOOTH AND NAIL (CAPS are to be read in the voice of a Pirate).
Old 12-14-2003, 10:10 PM
gamegeek
My Feedback: (11)

I was at a indoor electric fly-in today and talked to a guy that was flying a hummingbird. He told me that he had placed an order with Heli Hobby and that a package arrived on his door yesterday. A new Hornet kit with CF upgrades. I think he said he had ordered some crystals. I would think a new Hornet kit with CF upgrades is close enough to crystals but he was aggravated.

I definitely won't be ordering anything big from Heli Hobby but probably will get my collar and ball in swash upgrade from them. Maybe they'll send me a new Hornet!!!

chris
Old 12-15-2003, 10:00 PM
kendive

Helihobby just emailed me. Now they want to charge me for a BEC (another $30) because I have no way of powering my receiver. This company just nickel and dimes you to death. It's there fault they sent the wrong part and now they want to charge me more to fix the problem. I just don't get it... What problems will I run into next?
Old 12-22-2003, 11:40 PM
sukhoipilot
My Feedback: (4)

Guess I will throw my 2 cents in here, if you go to most of the micro heli forums they will have nothing but good things to say about heli hobby, this is what I based my descision to buy from them on.
So I put in an order for $500.00 worth of stuff with a note stating that if ANY item was not in stock to please call me and I would revise my order and substitute something alse, so one week goes by and nothing, I email them 4 times everytime the same reply they email me a copy of my invoice, finally 2 weeks later the order arrives WITH 2 ITEMS ON BACK ORDER! I email them and let them know how mad I am and someone needs to call me, 1 week, yes thats 1 WEEK later a guy calls me at work and says how sorry they are etc. etc. etc. So I do another order right there on the phone for like 28.00 worth of stuff and it arrives in 3 days, at that point I figured OK I will order some more stuff so I put in an order for $430.00 worth of stuff and say the same thing as my first order AND I paid for express mail $22.00 1-2 days so what happens?
7 days later I recieve my order with 1 part on back order! @%@^@^@% now they have had $100.00 of mine tied up for almost a month now and no parts! and no replies to my emails.............. Needless to say helirippoffs will never see a dime of my money ever again, I am now using Dennis at http://www.deeteeenterprises.com and I can say nothing but good about him, he has great phone service and will shoot the crap with you all day if it helps you, his site is up to date DAILY and he ships quick.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:29 PM
rødebaldakin

And yet again!

Just received my new corona from helihobby. After asking about the contense of the kit i ordered i expected to receiv the stuff i needed to get this in the air. Dissapointment is huge when i find im missing both engine, controller, pinion and some other nicknacks. Their website is sorta undesided on what is included in some of the kits and whats not, at one place it claims engine controller Fusion 35 is included in the basic kit, i ask about this and get some weird almost positive answer that it is indeed included. So i order the basic kit with the fusion engine and accessories package. This is a good 60$ bump up from their cheapest kit so all these put togheter i figured all was in engine, controller pinion so on, 60$ would be pretty steep for a brushed engine i figured,, cant be!,,, as it turnes out not a damn **** is included and no answer from helihobby yet.

What is it with this shop? is it runned by a bunch of goofy clowns or the monkey cage at central zoo.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:51 PM
luc-RCU

well, I used several times heli_hobby for Voyager E parts and have nothing to complain about ...Sean looks to be a nice and reliable person....
Old 12-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Richie

I hate to do it, but I have to get in here and do some complaining. I am experiencing problems with them too. I am not able to get any replys or phone calls from them.
I paid for express shipping 2-4 days and I ordered it on the 19th...Nothing. No idea if it has even been shipped yet. After reading all of these posts I am getting worried if I am going to have a lot of problems like all of you have. I will be surprised if I use them again. You know you order something and can't wait for it to get here so you order it with faster shipping options only to no even have it sent for days to weeks after you ordered it. Not cool.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:37 PM
ctoms
My Feedback: (-3)

I hate helihobby with every last fiber on my body, they have screwed me for the last time. I ordered a "complete" Hummingbird kit with "every thing you need to fly" I checked the invoice they sent and the dam esc/mixer is on backorder. They should have told me this and given me the oportunity to sub it with something elso or cancel my order and go elsewhere. As if that were not enough, the charger needs a power supply in order to work.

This was for my sons b-day on friday and now it is ruined because some lazy dishonest j-offs choose to do business like jerks, screwing customers when ever they feel like it. They dont care, they allready have your money, and what are you going to do? call them and complain? ya right, or you could send an e-mail to my dead aunt Marge in Fargo and tell her.

I am calling the bank first thing in the morning to cancel payment on my card, let them try to call me looking for there money, or better yet maybe they can send me an e-mail.

OK I am just getting more worked up here. I am the idiot for giving them the benifit of the dought and trying to do business with them.

It is too bad too because there prices are great and the web site is easy to use and they stock a ton of cool stuff.

Thanks for listening
Charlie Toms
608-692-7033
[email protected]
Old 12-31-2003, 12:26 AM
sukhoipilot
My Feedback: (4)

yeah well today I got one of my back ordered parts in the mail and guess what? it was the wrong part! So I wrote them an email and added in on top of how pissed I was that they could go to the various links included in my email and see what people think of them, I DARE them to post here, I demanded that someone call me ASAP and guess what? they did within 3 hours.
#1 the guy told me that there is an area where when you place an order you can type special instructions and that it doesnt work! no surprise there, he told me to keep the wrong part and that he would ship the right ones TODAY , I asked about my other back ordered part and he said "honestly I dont have a clue when they will be in" so I asked to substitute a few other parts that totaled the 35.00 of the back ordered one and we couldnt come to 35.00 so he actually threw in a 25.00 part free.
All in All I dont think I will ever use them again.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:33 AM
ctoms

At least you got a call back. I cant even get an email back from those non caring *****s.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
xxguitarist

I just have a few things to mention..
you can buy a hummingbird through ehobbies.com as well as directly from centruy... but both are sold out, this does not excuse helihobby sending the wrong parts, but might explain some delays
Old 12-31-2003, 02:52 PM
ctoms

You are correct. But to not tell you that or to give the option of replaceing it with a different item is just plain rude. These jerks think they can do whatever they want. If you are smart enough to check your invoice they e-mail after your item has shipped and notice the backorder you have 2 options. 1. Order a replacement item from them or someone else and pay for it in addition to the one you allready paid for as well as extra shipping. 2. Send them an e-mail asking them to make it right somehow, Days later if you get a responce at all they may help you but you will need to have it shipped and wait.

I am so discusted with them it is making me crazy. I can not even cancel my CC payment because I used paypal.

I sent them over a dozen e-mails in the last 24 hours and have heard nothing back.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:16 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Actually you can stop a paypal payment believe it or not. You have to contact paypal and let them know that you never recieved the item and they will put a stop to the payment just like a regular CC company would. I had this happen to me when a deadbeat bidder on ebay decided that he would contact paypal and tell them he didnt get the parts i sent him....even though i had his signature. The thing that sucks for sellers who use paypal is that paypal doesnt care what the seller says. I had this guys signature and proof he got the parts and they STILL gave the deadbeat his money back!!! arghhh!!!! Oh and they charged me $10 for claim...LOL
But for you its a good thing because you can stop payment to them.
Mike
Old 01-02-2004, 12:04 AM
ctoms

I have no doubt the product will arrive when it is supposd to so As much as I dont like them, I am not going to rip them off. I just want them to understand they can not keep treating people this way.

If they can not handle the volume then either add more people or make it known there will be a wait. But do not just take there money right away and then not give them a way to get a hold of you.

It makes me sick to think I paid all that money for a suprise gift for my son and when it gets here I will not be able to let him play with it because it is missing the esc/mixer and they do not include a power supply to run the charger. "Ready to Fly" my rear end!

If I had known in time I would not have ordered it at all and bought it from someone who cares enough to at least communicate with me.

Thanks for the paypal tip. I did respond through paypal but the prosses takes up to 30 days they said.

A brief history from my point of view.

Helihobby used to be known for there customer service. I bought from them, not because of price or conveniance or a fancy web page but because they took the time to answer my questions and they understood the hobby way of doing things. I spoke on the phone with Sean many,many times and he was very helpful, in fact he is probably the reason I got into this hobby. I was very frustrated with a piccolo I bought and struggled with lots of problems for a few monthes. Then I stumbled accross a web site called helihobby.com and called them. Sean answered and talked to me for an hour and sold me all the stuff
i needed and explained how and why I needed it. After talking to him, taking his advise and getting the parts I had a heli that I could fly. From that point on I was hooked. I called him many times and ordered lots of stuff and he solved all my problems and the stuff allways showed up here in WI at my front door 2 days later.

Now, all I get if anything is a half complete e-mail response stating "we are very busy and sorry for the inconveniance" And most of the time my question was not even answered. Now they have cheep prices and carry one of everything but are missing the one thing I need to be comfortable spending my money,,,, A live person who cares!

Sorry to ramble on but I have never been this angry at something so simple, I dont know why this has me in such a frenzy, I guess its the fact they ruined my sons birthday suprise.

Charlie
Old 01-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Hornet 51

I found what might be a phone number for helihobby.com , though I dont know if it works or not. The number is 1-818-988-HELI . Here is the link. http://www.micro-flight.com/Distributors.htm
Old 01-02-2004, 02:13 PM
k5926

Not if it matters.... just looking through this site (just getting back from a 8 yr vacation from the hobby) and through a friend who used heli-hobby in the past I placed an order....

This is what I got:
email with a couple of questions and stock avalibility and things checked out great. good responce and answeres were in line with what I heard.

2nd placed an order for a kit including everthing with express shipping.

3 days later decided to go ahead and order some crash parts so I placed that order and added a heading lock for the piccoboard (standard shipping).

next week goes by and nothing. next week comes and the crash parts come.
3 more days go by and I e-mail just asking about the order to make sure it did not go to the wrong place. no responce. 3 business days later I get the package with 2nd day delevery, all parts recieved.

I ask this... did I get 2nd delivery because I reminded them to send it (3 weekes later), or?????

I was upset because the delivery missed my trip which I had planned to play with the heli and I had crash parts with no heli....

That's my experience,
with this forum and 2 others I have found with negitive feedback I'm not sure I will use these guys for a while. My hope is they have grown and now can hire more poeple to keep up with demand and get back with the reason they grew in the 1st place which is from what I heard great knowledge and customer service.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:18 PM
bluesilver30

hey ctoms, helihobby wasnt supposed to give you a power supply wiht the charger, most chargers run on DC power. you can simply plug it into your car battery, or do what i did, convert a PC power supply to plug your charger into. [&:]

as for the backorder stuff, that kinda sucks. but i ordered my stuff back in november so i knew it would get here with all the parts. christmas is always a busy time.

my helihobby expierence wasnt that bad. i didnt recieve a charger lead for my JR tx when i ordered a hummingbird complete set, but after an email they said they would send it out right away. i said dont, because i already bought one from a local store, but intead send me a new 370 motor cause mine was a dud. they said sure, and it's on its way. so, im not complaining.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Simbo

Well i have used Helihobby before with really good luck, Last time was about 6 months ago though, and after reading some posts about them one has to wonder.

So i needed some stuff, and decided to try something, ordered half my stuff from AeroMicro and the other half from Helihobby.

Orders from both web sites said parts where in stock, and both orders are being shipped US Priority Mail

Let the race begin
Old 01-02-2004, 06:31 PM
bluesilver30

lol @ simbo. what did you order?
Old 01-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Simbo

From AeroMicro i ordered GWS 100 and 50 ESC for my HB and servos for my VE

From Helihobby i ordered Blade grips, spindle, landing gear for my VE, (had a small crash the other day)
Old 01-03-2004, 01:34 PM
ctoms

I am sure many people have great luck with Hellhobby but I have yet to have a satisfactory encounter. I am fully to blame, I should have never gone back to them after the first time it went bad.

Here is the latest update:

1. The tail end of the Airwolf was broken off and hanging there in the box. the box looked just fine as did the other bigger boxes it came in.
2. The body has glue all over the windshield and other places.
3. The tail boom and or gear box was glued on about 15% off center angle.
4. The reciever is missing and shows it was shipped on the invoice.

There are other things I can not think of right now.

As for the power supply, They should tell you that. The kit says "ready to Fly" If I had no other RC hobbies and stuff to go with it I would not be able to fly it.

I have sent 8 e-mails and a responce would be nice.

Here is what I am thinking; After all my complaining before, they seen my name on the e-mail and decided they did not want to deal with it. Then when this order came through they were pissed and sent a broken heli and just for fun lets not include all the parts and see how pissed he gets!

I know thats probably not what happened but you never know.

Needless to say I had to buy a different gift for my son and it was not what he wanted.

Thanks
Charlie Toms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.