Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

cant get to set up

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

cant get to set up

Old 01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
mungo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get to set up

hello to you all im new to your site from england i have an aerohawk that i cannot get to hover it keeps going backwards and when i hold it and check the controls it goes into a very wild oscollating frenzy when i give it throttle please could someone tell me what should be on what stick on the right stick i have throttle and left and right banking control and the left stick tail rotor control and nose up or down thanks steve[&o]
Old 01-09-2004, 06:08 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: cant get to set up

try making the servo arms angle more up so it pushes the blades forword more, i did that until i got it perfect.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:12 PM
mungo

ok i will try that are the piccolos a better heli i might sell this and get one
Old 01-09-2004, 06:32 PM
mungo

please help[]
Old 01-09-2004, 10:17 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mungo

ok i will try that are the piccolos a better heli i might sell this and get one
I have a piccolo and I think it is fine. There are a lot of members of this board who have the same heli as you and think it is fine. I bet that with some help in troubleshooting what you have set up wrong, that you can fix it and move forward with your education. Learning how to set up the heli and how to troubleshoot problems is virtually the same on all of the micro-helis.

Where at in England? I know that there are a TON of people who get together to fly in a few locations there. You might sift through the [link=http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=]Ikarus board[/link] to see where they meet. Also, here is a link to [link=http://www.dream-models.com/h/flying-index.html]Radd's School of Rotary Flight[/link] that should help get you going.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:12 PM
quaker1

hey mungo im from the uk too.i have an aero-hawk and trust me they can fly perfect if setup properly.your left stick should control throttle and tail control and the right stick should control roll and pitch.mine used to oscillate and i had to tighten the main blades a little bit at a time and it gradually got smoother until it was perfect.

also you have to remember all of the head components have to move totally freely.out of the box mine wouldnt fly a damn,i had to take the head apart and sand and trim until it all moved without effort.this made all the diference.once you do all of this and you do try do fly it dont slide around on the floor with it ,take it up a couple of feet and it will be out of the ground effect and be a lot more stable.at head height mine can be kept hovering to within a few inches either side.and the training gear in my opinion makes the thing unstable.

i crashed my heli into every bit of furniture in my front room and it didnt break a thing,they are tough.all you have to remember is if a crash is unavoidable pull the throttle right down and this will minimise the damage.

hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:25 AM
bdesh123

Hi dudes i am from states. as i increase the power it starts sliding right . please help
Old 02-05-2004, 10:02 AM
HB flyer

make sure that ur swashplate level when you see it from the front

HB Flyer
Old 02-06-2004, 04:01 AM
scorpioq01
My Feedback: (1)

HEY WAZ UP GUY'S I JUST GOT MY AERO HAWK THEY WERE ON BACK ORDER SO WHEN I HERE PEOPLE SAY THE AERO HAWK IS CRAP I THINK THEY ARE JUST VERY IMPATIENT CAUSE EVIDENTLY ALMOST EVERYBODY'S BUYING ONE BUT I FINALLY GOT MINE AND IT DOES THE SHAKING THING AND IT WAS THE MAIN BLADES I TIGHTENED THEN AND TWEEKED IT AND ITS FINE THIS HOBBY HAS ALOT TO DO WITH TIME AND PATIENCE SO KEEP WORKING AT AND YOU'LL GET IM ALSO A BEGINNER BUT NOT FOR LONG PEACE!![sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 02-06-2004, 04:02 AM
scorpioq01
My Feedback: (1)

HEY WAZ UP GUY'S I JUST GOT MY AERO HAWK THEY WERE ON BACK ORDER SO WHEN I HERE PEOPLE SAY THE AERO HAWK IS CRAP I THINK THEY ARE JUST VERY IMPATIENT CAUSE EVIDENTLY ALMOST EVERYBODY'S BUYING ONE BUT I FINALLY GOT MINE AND IT DOES THE SHAKING THING AND IT WAS THE MAIN BLADES I TIGHTENED THEN AND TWEEKED IT AND ITS FINE THIS HOBBY HAS A LOT TO DO WITH TIME AND PATIENCE SO KEEP WORKING AT AND YOU'LL GET IM ALSO A BEGINNER BUT NOT FOR LONG PEACE!![sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 02-06-2004, 11:30 AM
nicebag

@bdesh123
Hi dudes i am from states. as i increase the power it starts sliding right . please help
That's normal, you should move your stick to the left to compensate. Just before the helly will go airborne, slide effect will disappear, and you should slowly put stick to the center.

@mungo
I have had problems with my Aerohawk too, I couldn't get it steady, and hovering was impossible. I was crashing it all over my furniture and nothing was broken. However, once when changing battery I forgot to turn on my remote and Aerohawk went berserk and hit the wall so hard that it broke main wing and main rotary head. Today, after 20 days of waiting I got replacement head. I learned from this forums that they have to be sanded. I did it with the screwdriver and try it. IT'S HUGE CHANGE. I was able to hover, but really steady hover!!!

Sand the head!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
bdesh123

Hi nicebag you fly in door or out door .. If indoor how much space do you need to cancle out the whole slide effect,, my room is preety small