Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

I CAN DO IT!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

I CAN DO IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 02:03 PM
dorme1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I CAN DO IT!!!

Alright, I've finally met my goal of hovering for the entire life of a nimh battery. mind you I'm still learning how to keep it under control, it tends to wander a bit. I have the best control when it's facing away from me. Anyone have any games or things they did to learn to control it better? I'm noticing when I try to just have the heli rotate in one place in the air, it's pretty much impossible, the whole thing kind of goes left or right hard, do I compensate with cyclic controls? thanks!
Old 01-10-2004, 02:17 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I CAN DO IT!!!

Congrats! I still get a grin thinking about when I first hovered a pack out. Mind you, I have not really moved much beyond that point.

You really should read [link=http://www.dream-models.com/h/flying-index.html]Rdd's School of Rotary Flight[/link]. It has the exact advice you are loking for.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:07 PM
xxguitarist

Games:
if you're feeling rather confident, put a stool in the middle of the room, attempt to land on it
also, try to pick up light objects (with some kind of loop on them) using the skids
Old 01-10-2004, 07:48 PM
dorme1

I want to get to the point where I can pretty much fly it like a plane, nose all the way forward banking and stuff...guess that's a long way away. it's COOL to hover though!!