Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Problems with G310 tuning motor!

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Problems with G310 tuning motor!

Old 01-12-2004, 06:32 PM
khmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with G310 tuning motor!

I got a problem with the G310 Tunning motror. it works for 5-7 minutes at 0 Celsius, and 15min at -10 celsius.

It is getting to warm.

I have a 11T gear at the motor and a 100T gear at the axel.
I also have cut down my blades.

Does the G310 motor like hig RPM's or low?
I have 9T, 11T, 12T and 13T for the motor, and i have the original 96T and 100T axel gear.

Running on 3Cell 1200Mha E-tech.

Is the motor worn, what should i buy?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:46 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problems with G310 tuning motor!

I assume that you are running FP. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is the motor too hot to touch? This is usually a good indicator that something is wrong, gearing or friction. Sounds like gearing.
At what throttle setting is it hovering? How much does your heli weight (AUW)

Unless you cut 2 inches off of the blades, 11 teeth on the pinion is too many. Stock, with 2 cell LiPo, you run the 9 tooth pinion/96 main. You are running higher voltage so you would need a smaller pinion/bigger main. I would suspect an 8 tooth pinion with the 96 main would be a good starting place with stock blades and a 3 cell LiPo. I do not know how much you cut your blades, but try the 9 and 100. If it does not lift, try the 9 and 96.

By running the 11 tooth pinion and high voltage, you were running a lot of current through a motor that was turning slower than it wanted. This heats the motor a lot (wasting energy that could be put into flying). If the heating was severe, it might have weakened the permanent magnets. I do not know how hot it takes to do this, just that it has been reported by the experts as a side effect to running the motors too hot.

What is your budget like? A 14 turn Astro 010 would be a good upgrade, as would any number of other brushless motors.