Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

!!!!!!!!ANY MICRO HELI USER !!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

!!!!!!!!ANY MICRO HELI USER !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 10:51 AM
SexyPizzaMan
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!!!ANY MICRO HELI USER !!!!!!!!!

Ok i just got the hummingbird and i have a few tips so you like is 688 times less frustrating. Start off by putting away the little sticky pads and use a stronger one, i used scotch heavy duty double stick tape. Worked 1000 times better. y servos were falling off the next day when i was using stock tape. I know this sounds dumb, but it might be the difference between a broken heli and a good heli. Second there is no good mounting for a lipo battery. I made a modification and i will post pics up and show you what i did. I used velcro to secure it. Also trash the ****ty recivers and get a real one. Will save you hours of time. The reciver i got, the stock one doesnt even engage engine. If none of the motors work. Then touch uour antene wire to the reciver wire a few times and it will spring up to life. I have already wasted 4 hours of my time and still havent flown because of all these things holding me back. Im gonna fly it now, will post pics and any other tips i can get for ya.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:22 PM
pxr5

Default RE: !!!!!!!!ANY MICRO HELI USER !!!!!!!!!

Well you have totally put me off getting a humingbird

I have a Twister and havent had any problems except ive noticed when I use the rudder I lose power to the main rotor so I have to apply more power as I apply more rudder. I dont know if this is normal or not but it makes things very complex. Still im just an amature so I have a lot to learn I reckon.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:24 PM
pxr5

Is that a Raptor you are flying in your avatar and if so why have you stepped down to a micro?
Old 09-25-2004, 01:25 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Yes that is me flying my raptor 50. I have stepped down because im tiered of having a heart attack while flying. I have 2k is that raptor right now. So i sold it. If i crashed that i would be in big trouble. I have taken micros because they are small, quiet and do 3d nicly. I havent done 3d yet. On gas or electric. Right now im having trouble getting my hummingbird working. I think i need to switch the mxing board servo and gyro / tail servo. Befor i had it so i would apply power and tail was very high on power. and the main blades would lose power when i applied no power on the tail. So i switched the tail motor plug and the main motor plug. Tail is weaker now and the main goes. But now when i apply power and only the tail is plugged in, the tail gets more power. but the main blades do the same thing. They have no power when i give no tail power and then when i give tail they turn on. I dont know whats going on anymore. So many problems. About 7 hours total time i spent on it and not 1 min of flight. I dont know if i got the right heli anymore. I have the hummingbird elite cp. So far i give it a 0 because all ive had was problems. I cant get the thing to work porperly yet. Hope its worth all my time.

**** Anoither tip: Take off sticker off servo or they will peel off and servo will come off. I learned that the hard way. ****
Old 09-25-2004, 03:02 PM
pxr5

I had same problems with the RC Systems Micro copter. Basically I spent a week on it repairing it and I never even got it off the ground in that time! I could write a huge list of problems I had with it, and what really took the piss is it was £50 more than the Twister and had less accesories AND is smaller, thats just crazy. I can only hold a hover at the moment and cant fly 3D either. So far in 2 weeks of owning the Twister ive broke the tail rotor, the boom and the ski's but ive ordered the replacement parts but what cool is superglue is all thats needed to fix it. The tail rotor has snapped about 50 times but still going
Old 09-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Ozydego

Ok, at least you don't own a piccolo... I ended up replacing most of the stock plastic crap on the rotor head with aluminium... talk about scared to crash.. I have just under 1k in my piccolo......The good thing is, now that it is aluminum, it is a very robust machine... many blade touches, with only having to straighten the blades back before getting back in the air... two days ago, I hits the blades hard, and cracked one... so I have spent the last day taking the covering off, fixing the crack, and recovering my blades.. saves me 30 bucks... I will be back in the air tomorrow...
I do know that my heli is very... very touchy in the wind.... Oh, and one last thing... I Ca'd my servos to the chassis.... they don't come off... the other option is looking on Helihobby at the viper skeleton, where the servos, and everything else, bolt on, instead of stick on... kinda expensive tho...
Old 09-25-2004, 09:37 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Ok well im worked about another hour to two on it today. Still not flying. But im getting close, ooo so close. Im guessing another hour and il be flying. How do i track the blades? The spindle bar with the paddles keeps moving. not the rod itself but the paddels. Is this normal? Thay are as tight as hey can get. Will they straigten out when i fly?.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Ozydego

I don't know about hummingbird paddles, but mine a really tight,... they don't move at all. As far as blade tracking, the way I was taught was to first balance the blades, then put small pieces of tape on the leading edge of the blades, one at the very end of the blade, the other, just in from that on the other blade... spool up the rotor and at about 50% throttle, look in the plane of the blades, and you will be able to tell which one is, higher /lower, then you just change the length of the pitch linkages to compensate... I use silver trim tape, then shine a light on the blades while they spin, to reflect the blade tracks easier... Here is the page that explains my piccolo, so take from it what is relevant... [link=http://www.helihobby.com/html/Piccolo_Pro_Manual12.html]Helihobby Manual[/link]
Old 09-26-2004, 11:57 AM
SexyPizzaMan

How do i change the pitch. Its negitive only, no matter how much my servo is up or down its always negetive, they are flatbottom blades, im guessing flat part of blades faces down. I cang tfigure it out. There is no adjustment i can make to shorten the rod connectirng the blade holders to make pitch positive. Im really geting frustrated with this little bugger, better fly good. I could have build a gas plane and a gas heli in the time i spent to set this up. Ill check it out today and see if i can get the pitch working the way i want it to, butfor now it seems like its not going to happen. It doesnt even say in the manual on what to do to get pitch positive. I have the pitch 100% positive on my radio and its still negetive. I cant move the pitch rod any further down because the swashplate just doesnt go that far. Please help.
- Jeff
Old 09-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Ozydego

I looked up the hummingbird Elite CP to see a picture of the setup... If this is your setup, lengthen the linkage here by unscrewing one or both sides of the ball links to make the linkage longer and the pitch more positive... Also, It says your blades are semi symmetrtical, which meand the bottom should be flat... you'll prolly want to upgrade those later... BTW, I could have built an amazing glow heli, for the cost and time I have spent on my little money sucker as well...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46983.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	177019  
Old 09-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Ozydego

hasty post... hehe nevermind